Go To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DrDan #268034 11/11/14 09:12 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
You guys are working your selves into a frenzy with all this wild speculation. You're setting yourselves up for a big letdown. Anyway, the guy at the end of the told me no 64bit.

BIAB 2015 will have 50 new features, like it always does, so just sit back, wait and enjoy when it comes out. crazy

Well although 64 bit is much desired by some on here I do have to agree with Dan here,

as he says 50 new features (hopefully some of them will be movable mixer window add/remove buttons for icons)
101 new realtracks,
some new loops
maybe a new synth that is currently available free somewhere,
release date probably December 1st, and closely followed by a few bug fix updates.

I feel little will change from previous years, though saying that really looking forward to this years release.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
DrDan #268039 11/11/14 09:27 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
You guys are working your selves into a frenzy with all this wild speculation. You're setting yourselves up for a big letdown

No frenzy, no letdown.

To wildly speculate on the next release it's been a tradition of BIAB users since...forever?

At least in my case, it's just a case of "one can dream, isn't it"?

I'd say realx, and enjoy the fun! wink

Speculatively yours,

Last edited by LtKojak; 11/11/14 09:28 AM.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
sixchannel #268108 11/11/14 04:32 PM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I'm thinking 64 bit will be too big of a task for the near-term. But I am gonna be happy to pony up my $$$ for whatever new features they come up with and a bunch of new RealTracks (more Uke please!) I'd love some Taylor Swift styles and maybe some Florida Georgia Line styles too! laugh

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 11/11/14 04:33 PM.
musiclover #268121 11/11/14 05:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover

hey Rharv ....working on any 64 bit applications these days?

smile

Musiclover

I said it before, I'll say it again; I know nothing.
Maybe they didn't invite me this year, I can be kinda ornery sometimes.
Or maybe there are no more new versions. Maybe, just maybe, RB/BiaB have reached their culmination for PG's vision. (the horror!!)

naah .. who am I kidding .. like I said, I'm ornery sometimes.

/now get off my lawn!

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
sixchannel #268144 11/12/14 12:21 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Rharv just want to sit quietly in his basement wearing his Spider-Man Jammie's, and play angry birds on his iPhone while playing a rowdy game of mine craft on his laptop. Eat yer fruity pebbles Bobby!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
sixchannel #268238 11/12/14 08:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran
??!

/FTR I don't have an iPhone

sixchannel #268259 11/13/14 04:36 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
I was just about to purchase BIAB 2014 when I spotted this post.

Just wondering whether it's worth hanging on for a possible early December arrival of BIAB 2015.
Also wondered if they would do any special offers for the new version.
Does anyone know if they have they have done this for previous versions?

Thanks in advance.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
sixchannel #268260 11/13/14 04:57 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Hi receder,

Historically, it's early in December when new versions are released. There's never any guarantee that this will happen but, as I said, history suggests it's likely smile

Over the years I've noticed a couple of times that people who made a purchase, prior to a new release, had their purchase upgraded provided it was within 30 days of having bought BIAB/RB.

Why not drop sales@pgmusic.com an email and ask about company policy in relation to this. They're a great company to deal with!

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #268262 11/13/14 05:17 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks for your quick reply Noel96. smile

I have emailed PG Music and will see what they have to say.

receder

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
receder #268271 11/13/14 06:42 AM
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Hello Receder,

Although what Noel says is correct if you bought now, PGmusic would probably give you a free upgrade to 2015, the point is you would be paying full price now whereas if you hold off for a few weeks then you will literally save hundreds of dollars (for ultra pak, one of the best version to buy)in the usual annual sale in December.

I'm the kind of guy that hates seeing people paying more than they have to ....lol

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 11/13/14 06:45 AM.

Musiclover

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
musiclover #268303 11/13/14 12:04 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Hello Receder,

Although what Noel says is correct if you bought now, PGmusic would probably give you a free upgrade to 2015, the point is you would be paying full price now whereas if you hold off for a few weeks then you will literally save hundreds of dollars (for ultra pak, one of the best version to buy)in the usual annual sale in December.

I'm the kind of guy that hates seeing people paying more than they have to ....lol

Musiclover

Hello and thanks Musiclover,

I will certainly wait for a while if I am going to save that much!

I assume you mean the UltraPlusPak which is currently 469 usd or approx. 300 gbp (ouch)?
Approximately what kind of saving are we talking about on that figure?

I had thought of starting with the basic package and then upgrading if I feel the need to. Is that even possible? Unless I am missing something, this page --> http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm doesn't make it clear whether you can upgrade from Pro (2014) to UltraPlusPak (2014) and what the cost would be. It only mentions upgrades from the 2013 version.

I should explain that my intended use of BIAB is to quickly get my own song ideas down before I forget them and to create usable drums/keyboard tracks (I am a guitarist) which can then be exported into my DAW (Sonar X3 Studio).

Thanks again for your help.

Receder

Last edited by receder; 11/13/14 12:04 PM.

sixchannel #268307 11/13/14 12:27 PM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
yeah...you should wait 2 or 3 more weeks and see how good the deal is gonna be. you'll almost certainly get a much better price by waiting!

sixchannel #268317 11/13/14 01:33 PM
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Hi again Receder,

Two other things to bear in mind is,

1 if you are a first time buyer you will pay the top price for the ultra pak (you will probably save at least 100$ in the sale) where as if you are just upgrading from a basic program to the ultra pak its a lot cheaper, more so in the sale. I think its called cross grading or something like that but I am not sure of all the rules involved. The best way to go about saving money is call pg music on the phone, you can find a Freephone number if you search the site.

http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Ask them if you were to buy the basic program now, would that entitle you to upgrade to the full program of ultrapak in the sale, and if so try to get that in writing. last years price was $159 dollars in the sale, though they probably won't discuss forthcoming sale prices, upgrade would be 2013 ultrapak or earlier.

2 band in a box ultra pak is probably 80 gb or more, that's why it comes on a hard drive, the downside is getting the drive to the UK will probably cost you near £50 in Vat and handling charges at your end, nothing to do with PG music as they only charge $20 or so for postage. If you had fibre broadband you could download it but I wouln;'t recommend it as a hell of an installation job with all the realtacks etc.

I hope I am not making it sound too difficult for you, if you want the easy way just wait for sale in December.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 11/13/14 01:40 PM.

Musiclover

receder #268324 11/13/14 01:51 PM
S
Expert
Expert
S
Originally Posted By: receder

receder

Love Catweazle !

sixchannel #268348 11/13/14 01:21 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks for all the suggestions Musiclover.

I am on 100Mb broadband so would be prepared to do the 80Gb download although it might be over a few sessions so I hope PGMusic support resuming. It's a good idea about phoning them re the upgrade. Thanks again.

Hey solidrock, glad I'm not the only one who remembers Catweazle! They don't make TV like that any more frown

receder #268382 11/13/14 05:24 PM
S
Expert
Expert
S
I hope we go back to the 2015, 2015.5, 2016, 2016.5 . . . releases now Mac is out there, or it might be 2015 Win 2015.5 Mac ?
1 year is too long to wait for new features and fixes ! ! !

Originally Posted By: receder
Hey solidrock, glad I'm not the only one who remembers Catweazle! They don't make TV like that any more frown

That Catweazle Theme is still stuck in my head ! smile
I purchased the Complete Series 1,2 DVD Box on eBay.

sixchannel #269936 11/23/14 12:36 PM
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Must be Countdown time now.

smile

Musiclover

Musiclover

sixchannel #269940 11/23/14 01:19 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I don't really want to get everyone over excited, but...

smile

DrDan #269946 11/23/14 01:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran
eight and three quarters ..
smile

sixchannel #269948 11/23/14 01:41 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Those numbers put the Release Date on about a Tuesday. grin grin

HMMMMM someone here mentioned Tuesday's several times.... smile laugh grin

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,484
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195