You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#68904 - 04/05/10 08:16 AM Battery3 and PT
kbour Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Potomac Falls, VA USA
I play a MIDI controller called a "Zendrum" (www.zendrum.com) and I plug it into an Edirol Sound Canvas (SC) module which is USB'd to my computer. The SC stereo outputs go to a mixer to which speakers are connected. I play the Zendrum through a SW package called "Battery3" by Native Instruments. Each of the 23 triggers on the Zendrum is mapped in Battery3 to a particular drum or percussion sound.

I would like to record MIDI in PT using the Battery3 sounds, but I cannot figure out how to do it or even if it's possible. I tried various combinations of selecting Roland MIDI drivers and even tried to use Battery's VST plug-in; but, since I don't know what I'm doing, I spent a lot of time fiddling around randomly to no avail.

One thing I've done in the past is to run the mixer's audio mains to the SC inputs; then, record the Zendrum as an audio device. That works, but it seems like I should be able to record it as a MIDI device also. If I close Battery3 and just use PT or BIAB, then the sounds are all wrong and not programmed to the correct triggers on the Zendrum. It seems like I need Battery3 running and having its sounds made available to PT (or BIAB or RealBand).

Can anyone suggest a technique that will allow me to utilize Battery3 and still record it as MIDI with PT?

Thanks,

Ken Bour

#68905 - 04/05/10 08:56 AM Re: Battery3 and PT [Re: kbour]
kbour Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Potomac Falls, VA USA
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong Forum...moving to PT Pro Audio.

Ken

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box Facebook Contest!!

Like us on Facebook before October 1, 2014 for a chance to win a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK! Click here to enter

RealTracks Artist Stuart Duncan - October Performances

RealTracks Artist Stuart Duncan can be seen this October on tour with Noam Pikelny! This Banjo and Fiddle Duo will be playing in North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York and Kentucky!

Click here for event information and show dates.

Video - Band-in-a-Box: Part Markers How-to

Watch this video to learn how to control when Band-in-a-Box plays "A" or "B" substyles, drum fills, and different drum grooves: http://youtu.be/C6ViJ2691vU

RealTracks Artist Jeff Lorber Takes the Stage September 25th!

Watch The Jazz Funk Soul Tour with RealTracks Artist Jeff Lorber, Everette Harp and Chuck Loeb on Thursday, September 25, 2014!

To learn more about this performance being held at the Highline Ballroom in New York, click here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box Chord Shortcuts

Entering Chords in Band-in-a-Box is easy!

Use these simple shortcuts in this YouTube Video to enter chords for your Band-in-a-Box song! You'll also learn how to create your own custom shortcuts!

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box Version 12

Band-in-a-Box 12 for Windows was released in December 2002 - here are just a few of the New Features for Version 12:
✔ “Twice as many instruments” with GM2 support
✔ Separate Notation Track for each Harmony Voice
✔ Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele and Bass fretboard display
✔ Guitar Chord Diagrams in Jazz, Pop or Folk voicings
✔ Jazz Music Fonts for Notes, Symbols, Chords and Titles
✔ Multiple Tracks of Notation
✔ Section Text and Boxed Text – add custom text messages at any position in the notation track
✔ “Direct-to-Disk” Audio Rendering – converting a song to audio format in seconds
...and more!

Click here to see the Band-in-a-Box 12 info sheet!

This Saturday - THE TIME JUMPERS with Vince Gill, Dawn Sears, and Kenny Sears!

There are still some tickets left for THE TIME JUMPERS featuring Vince Gill, Dawn Sears, and (RealTracks Artist) Kenny Sears show this Saturday at The Arcada Theatre in St Charles, IL!

Click here for event information.

Forum Stats
22014 Members
38 Forums
30107 Topics
239628 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
tuvwxy946374, aaleyahjohn, charpina62, John Cheramie, Fracray

22013 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 120