You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#68904 - 04/05/10 08:16 AM Battery3 and PT
kbour Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Potomac Falls, VA USA
I play a MIDI controller called a "Zendrum" (www.zendrum.com) and I plug it into an Edirol Sound Canvas (SC) module which is USB'd to my computer. The SC stereo outputs go to a mixer to which speakers are connected. I play the Zendrum through a SW package called "Battery3" by Native Instruments. Each of the 23 triggers on the Zendrum is mapped in Battery3 to a particular drum or percussion sound.

I would like to record MIDI in PT using the Battery3 sounds, but I cannot figure out how to do it or even if it's possible. I tried various combinations of selecting Roland MIDI drivers and even tried to use Battery's VST plug-in; but, since I don't know what I'm doing, I spent a lot of time fiddling around randomly to no avail.

One thing I've done in the past is to run the mixer's audio mains to the SC inputs; then, record the Zendrum as an audio device. That works, but it seems like I should be able to record it as a MIDI device also. If I close Battery3 and just use PT or BIAB, then the sounds are all wrong and not programmed to the correct triggers on the Zendrum. It seems like I need Battery3 running and having its sounds made available to PT (or BIAB or RealBand).

Can anyone suggest a technique that will allow me to utilize Battery3 and still record it as MIDI with PT?

Thanks,

Ken Bour

#68905 - 04/05/10 08:56 AM Re: Battery3 and PT [Re: kbour]
kbour Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Potomac Falls, VA USA
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong Forum...moving to PT Pro Audio.

Ken

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Take A Look At What We Found!

Do you recognize one of the programs in this "Meet Jazz Sax Man - Elias Haslanger" video by Dell?!

Video: How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

Replacing chords in your Band-in-a-Box song is easy! Watch our "How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box" video and you'll see!

Video: Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker

RealTracks medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. Watch this video to learn how you can make your very own RealTracks medleys in Band-in-a-Box.

RealTracks, RealDrums & MIDI SuperTracks Patch

There is a new general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. Not only does the patch includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements for files shipped in 2013 and 2014, we've also added "Simple" variations to hundreds more previously released RealTracks. For more information and to download the patch click here.

RealTracks Compatibility Patch

This patch is for customers who purchased RealTracks Sets that were released after their Band-in-a-Box/RealBand version was released, and are having trouble getting the new RealTracks to be recognized by the program. Download the patch here.

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box 2014

You've bought Band-in-a-Box 2014 and you're ready to start using the program! After you install the program you will be prompted to activate Band-in-a-Box within 30 days. This can be done over the Internet or by phone. Watch how to activate your Band-in-a-Box 2014 here.

Video - RealBand: Batch File Convert

With RealBand 2014 you can save lots of time by batch converting your various audio files, RealBand SEQ files, or Band-in-a-Box song files to an audio format of your choice. Watch the video to see how fast and easy you can do this.

Forum Stats
21878 Members
41 Forums
28827 Topics
227202 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
PercyJeffries80, accavazos, nestorcuberos, yorkadan, Marke

21878 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 114
dani48 100