You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#68904 - 04/05/10 11:16 AM Battery3 and PT
kbour Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Potomac Falls, VA USA
I play a MIDI controller called a "Zendrum" (www.zendrum.com) and I plug it into an Edirol Sound Canvas (SC) module which is USB'd to my computer. The SC stereo outputs go to a mixer to which speakers are connected. I play the Zendrum through a SW package called "Battery3" by Native Instruments. Each of the 23 triggers on the Zendrum is mapped in Battery3 to a particular drum or percussion sound.

I would like to record MIDI in PT using the Battery3 sounds, but I cannot figure out how to do it or even if it's possible. I tried various combinations of selecting Roland MIDI drivers and even tried to use Battery's VST plug-in; but, since I don't know what I'm doing, I spent a lot of time fiddling around randomly to no avail.

One thing I've done in the past is to run the mixer's audio mains to the SC inputs; then, record the Zendrum as an audio device. That works, but it seems like I should be able to record it as a MIDI device also. If I close Battery3 and just use PT or BIAB, then the sounds are all wrong and not programmed to the correct triggers on the Zendrum. It seems like I need Battery3 running and having its sounds made available to PT (or BIAB or RealBand).

Can anyone suggest a technique that will allow me to utilize Battery3 and still record it as MIDI with PT?

Thanks,

Ken Bour

#68905 - 04/05/10 11:56 AM Re: Battery3 and PT [Re: kbour]
kbour Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Potomac Falls, VA USA
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong Forum...moving to PT Pro Audio.

Ken

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks!

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Check out the YouTube Channel - Tips & Tricks page, which is packed with videos showing off what Band-in-a-Box can do!

RealTracks Artist Andy Leftwich on Tour with Kentucky Thunder!

Andy Leftwich is a member of Kentucky Thunder, the band that tours with Ricky Scaggs! They're starting December off with A Skaggs Family Christmas in Winkler, MB, Canada on December 5th!

To see if there's an upcoming show near you, visit http://www.rickyskaggs.com/tour.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Video Support Pages - Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks and More!

Whether you're looking for a video demonstration of Band-in-a-Box or Tips & Tricks for all those features, there's a video for you!
Visit our Video Support Page to see all the videos we have to offer!

These are also available on our YouTube Channel.

Stay in Touch With Us on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

If you're looking for some tips on how to quickly replace specific chords or chord types with other chords in Band-in-a-Box, make sure you watch this video: http://youtu.be/XR1YTaKU8QA

Share Your Songs on Our User Showcase Forum!

Have you created a song using Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks Pro Audio? Share it on our User Showcase Forum - that way all of our Forum Users can enjoy your song!

Forum Stats
22265 Members
38 Forums
30963 Topics
246393 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
bubbawny, ijklmn266862, Phineas, bop, darchtop

22264 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 163
seeker 137