Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
I've taken a look in the FAQ section but my push doesn't seem to behave as it should,

When I try to have a note played a little earlier, and I use the ^ sign, all it seems to do is make the drums go louder/crash in that spot, but it seems to play the notes the same and not any earlier.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm doing dream a little dream, some old version and it has a push

Thanks again!

Veteran
Veteran
That sounds like it isn't working right.

Try Opt. menu, Return to Factory Settings. Then exit BIAB and restart it. See if that fixes it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
will do! Thank you!

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Hi!

I tried the reset but no luck. Such a weird issue!

Veteran
Veteran
OK, good you're sticking with it, and reporting back.

This is unlikely, since you just reset to factory default settings, but please check this one thing: in the menu Opt., Preferences, Arrange, there is a checkbox that says Allow Any Pushes. It's five down from the top left. Is that checked? It should be.

If that doesn't help, one step you could take is to post the song, so we can try it. You're new here, so forgive me if you know this:

First, freeze the tracks and save the song. See my post in your other thread about how to freeze/unfreeze; you did it once. Then find a place on the Internet, like Dropbox, where you can upload your song. Finally, provide that link here for us to download it.

And, it always helps if you can tell us about your system:

laptop or desktop

Windows, I assume, but what version?

what version of BIAB? Up to date? Do Help, About and report the build number.

what are you using for sound?

what style is your song using? A few might not allow pushes, though I assume you have an easy swing style for that song, and it should.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Hi Matt! And thank you, I will try this setting!

I hope to get the last few things cleared up so I can contribute rather than take from this board!

Thanks again,

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Hi all, and Matt!

I tried Options/Prefs and ensuring allow push on but no luck,

I really need to figure this out so i thought I'd follow Matts instruction and post it here:

My issues are:

i cannot get the program to switch notes on the offbeat. The push seems to have no affect.

the only thing it affects is the drums which seem to crash on the offbeat or something, but its too much and too loud!

** My example included is SO SIMPLE. When I play the attached file it only changes notes on the 1,2,3 or 4. No matter what push I insert

Thanks for all everyone

Matt's suggestions:

First, freeze the tracks and save the song. See my post in your other thread about how to freeze/unfreeze; you did it once. Then find a place on the Internet, like Dropbox, where you can upload your song. Finally, provide that link here for us to download it.

File is here:

http://www.filedropper.com/help_3

And, it always helps if you can tell us about your system:

laptop or desktop

It is Windows and a laptop.

Windows, I assume, but what version?

Windows 7

what version of BIAB? Up to date? Do Help, About and report the build number.

It is version 2014 build 384

what are you using for sound?

audio interface to amp

what style is your song using? A few might not allow pushes, though I assume you have an easy swing style for that song, and it should.

Yes, DIXIEL2.STY (doing dream a little dream)

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Even if someone could send me a file that shows a change that's not on the 1,2,3, or 4 that would be great!

Veteran
Veteran
Tried to download. that site looks like a mess of "adware". I tried to download help_3, but nothing happened. And nothing else looked like it was safe to download from that site. Is that the best you can find? Maybe its just me.

May I recommend you set up a free dropbox account. It works really nice.

Last edited by jazzmandan; 11/29/14 10:05 AM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Will do!! Sorry! Thought it was ok!

Please use:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55724297/Help!.SGU

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Todd12
Will do!! Sorry! Thought it was ok!

Please use:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55724297/Help!.SGU

Now doesn't that work nice....

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
This is what I see in your first two bars

After I verified that each of the RTs had [shots, holds and pushes] Look here:

I have these for each Real Track
RealTracks in style: ~1618:Tuba, DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~1615:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~1614:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandFast Sw 165 RealTracks in style: ~1613:Banjo, Tenor, Rhythm DixielandFastA-B Sw 165 RealDrums in style: Dixieland^2-a:Brush LH Drag, b:Brush Ride

And this is what I hear.

or actually could be this

So to my ears I believe I am hearing exactly what it is supposed to sound like. Only the drummer treated it a little unusual with a extra hit on the push, but I suppose that is what a drummer would do. Is this what you are getting? A definite: da da da da \ da da dada

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Exactly what I want to hear, but when I play it in my BIB, it is all quarter notes. Zero eighth notes are heard.

I can see the notation but it just doesnt play anything but quarter notes.

It makes me think I should reinstall or something?

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Thanks for the help! I do love the program!

Veteran
Veteran

The notation is not effected by pushes. Since it is a RT the notation is the original transcription. You will not see a change in the notation. The notation I showed above was written by me in other software just to illustrate what I was hearing.

But you say you do not hear the eighth notes. So that's a problem. Did you look to see if you have the shots,holds,push audio files.

Veteran
Veteran
I think jazzmandan is onto something. The shots and holds is a different file in updates. Check the RealTrack updates and make sure you have all you should, and have run the download.

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
I will check this out!

I have a feeling this is the issue!

Thank you again,

T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Jeez guys, it looks like perhaps I never installed the pushes, sorry for the rookie mistake.

I found these files:

realtracks_shots_holds

And I'm imagining the pushes are in these files as well?

Thanks!

Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Hey Todd12

You may also want to update BiaB. You reported your build version as 384 and the current build version is 386.

** HERE ** is the update link.

Also, you may want to apply the April 14 RealTracks patch. The patch can be found ** HERE **

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
T
Todd12 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Thank you Jim! Very appreciated!!!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,533
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200