Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#272306 - 12/04/14 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Sao Paulo Night
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Another flashback to 2009 when I was just starting with BB.....

This combines my live guitar playing with some Bossa Nova style based tracks from Real Band. I don't recall the specific RB tracks but basically everything except the lead guitar and some of the chording is all in the box. Hopefully you can tell which is which... maybe not.

SAO PAULO NIGHT

Enjoy

Edited by Guitarhacker (12/04/14 08:03 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#272310 - 12/04/14 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Sounds good, Herb.

A very good mix - one of your best, I think. The bass sounds especially nice.

floyd

#272311 - 12/04/14 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd.... I think....

If it's one of the best... and it's from 2009... this is 5 yrs later..... oh my.... I'm slipping.....

I know what you meant.... Thanks for listening and commenting.

This song was a result of using the Melodist to create something and then editing the result and playing with the real tracks. I did a bunch of jazz based stuff back in the early days as I was getting to know BB/RB and playing with all that it could do. I believe that it even came up with the recurring melodic riff you hear throughout the song.

#272312 - 12/04/14 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

#272315 - 12/04/14 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#272324 - 12/04/14 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

#272330 - 12/04/14 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

#272345 - 12/04/14 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

#272350 - 12/04/14 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

#272391 - 12/04/14 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#272418 - 12/04/14 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Herbie old friend, that was pleasant. I have always been a fan of your guitar skills.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#272428 - 12/04/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Herb,

this is a very nice combination of saxophone RT with some excellent guitar playing from your part.
Very well done!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#272466 - 12/04/14 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very sweet tune!! I might have put more verb on the BIAB solo instruments. Loved the guitar work!! Primo!! Take care. Greg

#272506 - 12/05/14 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: dani48]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani..... I enjoyed recording this tune. I was new to PG at the time and just playing around with it's many attributes.

#272507 - 12/05/14 04:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Glad you like it Charlie.

#272508 - 12/05/14 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

Tom, on another forum at the time, one of the musicians was from Sao Paulo and commented that it reminded him of home. Glad you enjoyed it too.

#272509 - 12/05/14 04:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Pat Marr]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

Yes, I did actually use some echo/delay on the guitar. I was into an instrumental phase at the time and no, I do not write vocals to the jazz stuff I write. I did try to collaborate with a woman jazz singer I met in LA at a songwriter's convention but she never came up with anything worth recording..... kinda fizzled you might say. So I stick to instrumental stuff in this genre.

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you liked it.

#272510 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: boehm]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

Thanks Boehm. I prefer tasty over lots of notes.

#272511 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: gibson]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

Thanks... glad you listened and enjoyed.

#272512 - 12/05/14 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Al-David]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Alan & Di.... thanks for listening.... I'll look and see if I have any more Latin..... I'm sure I do....

Also.... I'm glad you learn things when I comment. That's the purpose of the comments.... to help others by pointing out what I hear....or don't hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - Listen to All the Entries!

Our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest is over, and the winners have been announced - congratulations again to forum users fiddler2007, rodipoet, Will Josef, and Ezekiel's Storm!

And, a BIG thank you to everyone who entered their songs on our contest - WOW what a great list of songs! We've arranged all the song entries into one simple list, if you'd like to listen to all the entries click here.

Congratulations Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest Winners!

Thank you again to everyone who submitted their songs to our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - 59 entries in total!

As always, we were blown away with every song entered! We truly enjoy listening to what everyone comes up with using Band-in-a-Box!

Our judging team listened to all the songs, and choosing the winners wasn't easy... some of the things taken into consideration were the quality of the composition, Xtra styles used, use of program features within the song, and originality - and we're now ready to announce the winners!

The Winners are:

I Will Be Your Doggie Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: fiddler2007
Xtra Style used: _WILDONE
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
Wie zingt verjaagt zijn pijn (He who sings expels his pain) Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: rodipoet
Xtra Styles Used: _SILKY
Original Forum Post

MIDI:
Child of the 70s Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Will Josef
Xtra Style Used: HORIZON
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
Hide it Away Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Ezekiel's Storm
Xtra Style used: _CHEATED
Original Forum Post

Congratulations everyone!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows: Making Songs

Visit Chapter 6: Making Songs in our online Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows User's Guide, and you'll learn (or be reminded of) all the different steps you could take for creating your own song using Band-in-a-Box®!

Learn about naming your song, choosing a key, setting the tempo, chord entry, and more! There's even information for more advanced use! Read about Song Settings (endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, and chord embellishments), Part Markers, Substyles, Song Form, applying Styles, using RealTrack/RealDrums, importing MIDI, and chord entry - just to name a few!

Holiday Hours - Monday, October 8th

Monday, October 8th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 9th.

Forum Stats
28069 Members
57 Forums
54402 Topics
449671 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
chuckster55, KeithR, Andreu Casado, Ozzoid, jabba

28068 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 215
David Snyder 160