Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#272306 - 12/04/14 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Sao Paulo Night
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Another flashback to 2009 when I was just starting with BB.....

This combines my live guitar playing with some Bossa Nova style based tracks from Real Band. I don't recall the specific RB tracks but basically everything except the lead guitar and some of the chording is all in the box. Hopefully you can tell which is which... maybe not.

SAO PAULO NIGHT

Enjoy

Edited by Guitarhacker (12/04/14 08:03 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#272310 - 12/04/14 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Sounds good, Herb.

A very good mix - one of your best, I think. The bass sounds especially nice.

floyd

#272311 - 12/04/14 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd.... I think....

If it's one of the best... and it's from 2009... this is 5 yrs later..... oh my.... I'm slipping.....

I know what you meant.... Thanks for listening and commenting.

This song was a result of using the Melodist to create something and then editing the result and playing with the real tracks. I did a bunch of jazz based stuff back in the early days as I was getting to know BB/RB and playing with all that it could do. I believe that it even came up with the recurring melodic riff you hear throughout the song.

#272312 - 12/04/14 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

#272315 - 12/04/14 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#272324 - 12/04/14 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

#272330 - 12/04/14 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

#272345 - 12/04/14 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

#272350 - 12/04/14 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

#272391 - 12/04/14 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#272418 - 12/04/14 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Herbie old friend, that was pleasant. I have always been a fan of your guitar skills.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#272428 - 12/04/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Herb,

this is a very nice combination of saxophone RT with some excellent guitar playing from your part.
Very well done!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#272466 - 12/04/14 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very sweet tune!! I might have put more verb on the BIAB solo instruments. Loved the guitar work!! Primo!! Take care. Greg

#272506 - 12/05/14 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: dani48]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani..... I enjoyed recording this tune. I was new to PG at the time and just playing around with it's many attributes.

#272507 - 12/05/14 04:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Glad you like it Charlie.

#272508 - 12/05/14 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

Tom, on another forum at the time, one of the musicians was from Sao Paulo and commented that it reminded him of home. Glad you enjoyed it too.

#272509 - 12/05/14 04:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Pat Marr]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

Yes, I did actually use some echo/delay on the guitar. I was into an instrumental phase at the time and no, I do not write vocals to the jazz stuff I write. I did try to collaborate with a woman jazz singer I met in LA at a songwriter's convention but she never came up with anything worth recording..... kinda fizzled you might say. So I stick to instrumental stuff in this genre.

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you liked it.

#272510 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: boehm]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

Thanks Boehm. I prefer tasty over lots of notes.

#272511 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: gibson]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

Thanks... glad you listened and enjoyed.

#272512 - 12/05/14 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Al-David]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Alan & Di.... thanks for listening.... I'll look and see if I have any more Latin..... I'm sure I do....

Also.... I'm glad you learn things when I comment. That's the purpose of the comments.... to help others by pointing out what I hear....or don't hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27716 Members
50 Forums
52596 Topics
435928 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz, dreamoutlaw

27715 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 154
Al-David 150