So my tears I try to hide

Loneliness surrounds me
Even though I've tried and tried
There's just no comfort

There's just no comfort

-----------
A traditional country tune I was able to get done while fighting a cold for my voice.

Comments and suggestions welcome. Hope you enjoy.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Charlie,

A sad song… but a beautiful one. I listened it out, and felt the sadness.

Like your guitar play, nice mixing, think I'll put it on one more time
Grtz
Fred

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie,

Great song and really cool vocal. Also a great mix.

Bob

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Nice one, from the heart, always the best way... Ade.

INTEL I7 16GIG RAM WINDOWS-7 MIDAS VENICE F24 PRESONUS STUDIOLIVE 16 UAD 2 DYNAUDIO BM5A BEYER/880 PRO TC HELICON VOICEWORKS PLUS
BAND IN A BOX/REAL BAND PRESONUS STUDIO 1 V2.65 SOFTWARE,SOFTWARE,SOFTWARE..
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I like quite a few things about this.

The chord progression at the beginning of the verses going to the minor for the second chord...loved that. It reminded me of something..... just can't place it yet....

Your vocals work nicely.

This is the kind of song that could have used a powerful guitar solo in the middle....

I'm glad I dropped in for a listen.... nice job Charlie.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie,

beautiful, you voice shows the emotion.
That cold made it perfect for the song laugh

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Charlie,

sad but nice. Your cold added some extra flavour.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dang! I can't get SoundCloud to play anymore! I'll keep checking back though... gotta hear this!

---update--- got SoundCloud to play! -------------

Wow, Charlie! You're a song-writin' machine! Excellent lyrics, and a beautiful use of real tracks to capture the mood you wanted! Your voice is perfect for the message, too. One whole-hearted "attaboy" from me! You really have a good feel for song writing, and I envy that. (I didn't get the song writing gene)

disclaimer: one "attaboy" plus $5 entitles you to a small coffee at most Starbucks. At some locations you may have to pay a little out of pocket.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie,

A good write. Simple and heartfelt.

"Tell me why you won't talk about it
I know you're Searching for a way to say goodbye"

Great opening. Grabs you right off the bat...

Very nice melody (and chord changes).

Terrific arrangement. The pedal steel is nicely done. Excellent mix.

Your vocal is wonderful.

Nice. Nice. Nice.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Charlie !

Your emotion can be felt
on this side of the tune !
A beautiful tune so sensitively sung
I liked this very much !
But !!!!! I hope you are out of that
gloomy feeling already and if not,
that you´ll be as fast as possible !!

Merry Chrsitmas Charlie, and
a Happy New Year too !!

Best regards
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice song Charlie. Lyrics, singing, playing are very well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really nicely done!! Pretty, melancholy song. I really like the way the arrangement builds but never becomes overdone. Vocal totally works for me-great feeling and natural emotional delivery. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Fred, Bob, Ade, Herb, Alyn, Guenter Pat, Floyd, Dani, Scott, and Greg. So very nice for you all to stop by, have a listen and take time to comment. Much appreciated.

Addendum to Alyn and Guenter about the cold. No better time to sing a sniffle song than when you have the sniffles. The cute part of the story is my wife, a Nurse Practitioner, heard me singing, came in and shut me down. I was going to punch in a few changes but......

Pat - I'll hold you to the 'attaboy' for my Starbucks when we have that BIAB Festival in Winston-Salem. I'll get my wife to spot me $10 to be sure I can cover my part.
I'm also going to get off on a rabbit trail with you one day about your dog training analogy. < big grin >

Floyd - I'm particularly glad you enjoyed this one. First, the opening line was grabbed from right here on the forum from a Tommy Adams title of co-write with Janice and Bud " A Way To Say Goodbye". That phrase inspired the whole song.

Second, regarding the arrangement, it was followed like a recipe from an email from you to me on another song you helped me on and I am currently re-building. All is done on that song except adding the lyrics back into it. This song and that song share the same style and instruments so the recipe of bringing in the instruments and panning worked equally as well for this song. I sincerely appreciate your advice and willingness to share it. You deserve all the credit for the mix.

Dani, fortunately for me, I'm not sad. Sad songs to seem to have always been my forte. Glad I can write that way and even more glad I don't have to actually live it to be able to write it.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nothing I can add that hasn't been said. Very moving Charlie.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie, nice write. I thought I recognized that line. Glad I could be of some help. You are getting really good at editing that steel. Even though you had a cold you sang this really well and your heartfelt delivery shines through. I like the chord changes. Well Done. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The sniffles give your voice more
of the Americana feel, i.e, more
husky and plaintive. Glad you stuck
with it.

It's all been said. Vocals, arrangement,
mix are all "hittin' the note."

Excellent.

J&B

Sundance #273841 12/10/14 05:46 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Hi Josie, thanks for listening and commenting. This song materialized quite quickly and I wished I could have polished it a bit more, but probably best to nurse my cold some.

Charlie

tommyad #273843 12/10/14 06:05 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Charlie, nice write. I thought I recognized that line. Glad I could be of some help. You are getting really good at editing that steel. Even though you had a cold you sang this really well and your heartfelt delivery shines through. I like the chord changes. Well Done. Tom

Pedal steel is my favorite instrument. I was really into the PSG work of Poco and Pure Prairie League, especially the playoff's between lead guitar and steel of the early PPL albums.

You are right there among them in my book, with guitar or steel. I think you craft top notch songs and productions and paired with the talents of Janice and Bud, put out better productions of relevant music equal to anything, anyone is doing on radio.

I appreciate you allowing me to take advantage of some of your writing skills. Look closer and you'll see a few more familiar phrases in this song that were taken from some of your great song titles -- 'hold you tonight' is one and You don't want to talk about comes from "I don't want to talk about it".

Charlie

Last edited by c_fogle; 12/10/14 06:11 PM.

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Hi J&B. I'm glad this hit the note for you. I appreciate you listening and commenting.

Charlie

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice one Charlie. Very country. Like the lyrics and the voice! Cheers.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,455
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195