Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic is locked
Topic Options
Index
#273659 - 12/09/14 10:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: jazzmammal]
solidrock Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

. . so yes, there is a VST problem as far as that goes but only
2.375% of users (in the latest poll I did of all the users on the planet and this forum) care about that because Biab has literally thousands of midi drum parts already and then there's the Real Stereo Drums. Who needs a third party program to generate a drum part? same with multitrack drums, who needs them, you can't mix them, have you ever tried recording multiple miked drums ? Just look at these fools who try to sell them DrumDrops the nerve of them how dare they !

Bob

Thanks Bob Love ya man. You are so inspiring and supportive of new ides and suggestions, not to mention all those great ideas you have suggested.

#273668 - 12/10/14 12:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: solidrock]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
What?? What are you talking about?

I said most don't care, that's an opinion, so what?

The point I was making is except for that one VST tempo sync issue, Biab doesn't have a problem with most VSTi's and since Biab itself is a great drum track creation program 'most' don't care about using a 3rd party drum synth to create drum parts within Biab. Have you seen people clamoring about that in the Biab forum? I've seen that point mentioned once or twice in the last few years, that's it. I think me saying "most" is a fair statement.

Now, Real Band was a different story before all the Biab features were added. I was the guy who every year was asking for them to fix that problem and Peter said they were looking into it and then nothing. It's obvious it can't be fixed at least in RB. I still think it would be great to use Jamstix, EZD and the others in RB but Biab? Not so much but that's just me. Opinion.

I was simply using that as an example to point out to people that Biab doesn't have some systemic built in VST problem except for that one thing.

Back to the original point of this thread, since Peter confirmed that JBridge does access whatever memory you have installed the 64 bit issue is over. Peter who as the developer of Biab certainly knows more about it than any of us ever will validated what I said to the 64 bit guys over a year ago and that is the only real reason to do it is because people think they need it. There is absolutely zero technical reason for having 64 bit now that is is integrated with the new JBridge unless of course it turns out it doesn't work as well as Peter says.

Bob

#273997 - 12/11/14 01:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
When the discussions first started about wanting a 64 bit version of BIAB, I was a proponent and supported that request. However, when I saw that jbride took care of the 64 bit VSTs/VSTIs with version 2015, my mindset now is: take your time, PG. ALL is WELL now.

Just my 2 cents.

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#274002 - 12/11/14 01:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
So has anyone tried ST3 (which is only 64bit) with BIAB 2015 and jbridge?? The sound files are huge and without the available RAM afforded with 64bit would likely be a problem. So anyone...?
SoundCloud

#274022 - 12/11/14 02:29 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MusicStudent]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
yes.

I have ST3, JBrdige and BIAB 2015 (and it all works just fine) but not sure what you mean by

"...without the available RAM afforded with 64bit would likely be a problem"

Anyone owning and trying to use 64 bit VSTi softsynth plugins (virtual "ROMP'lers" if you like) already know they are are memory pigs (or will learn it soon enough) so they better have the

"available RAM" you mention.

However, I think what you meant/implied was that since BIAB is still limited to less than 4 GB (~3.5GB) workspace due to its being a 32 bit app then a users favorite "composite band" of instruments totaling more than 4 GB wouldn't work?

Peter says they will since BIAB uses Jbridge directly the limit is YOUR VSTi your physical memory - NOT BIABs being 32 bit (see his reply a page back)

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=273194&page=4

While I have tried (quick checked) BIAB + JBridge + ST3 on my PC I have not torture tested it's limits.

Larry
Win7&10Pro64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBsHDD,RX480 8GB,Scarlett 18i8,MIDI4x4,Montage7Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7,XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,FL20, SO3,MC8,AD2,ST3,Kontakt5,Amptube4,etc.. but really I'm a guitar player AXE FX III

#274024 - 12/11/14 02:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
Droot Offline

I am getting rather tired of buying a new "upgrade" every 6 months. Here is a thought, how about I buy an upgrade and PG music makes it good for the next couple years. BIAB is the only software I own that upgrades more than Windows...

#274026 - 12/11/14 02:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Droot, welcome to the forum.

BIAB has had only one upgrade (paid) per year for the last two years. Updates come as needed when bugs are fixed (and those updates are free).
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#274027 - 12/11/14 03:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: Droot]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Droot
I am getting rather tired of buying a new "upgrade" every 6 months. Here is a thought, how about I buy an upgrade and PG music makes it good for the next couple years. BIAB is the only software I own that upgrades more than Windows...

Droot, welcome to the forum. I see you've been a member for a number of years but have waited some time to make your first post. So I'm guessing you have strong feelings about upgrades.

2013, 2014 & 2015 were annual upgrades. There hasn't been a .5 upgrade since 2012.5

While the programs are improved each cycle, some years the upgrade will be more about program enhancements such as the UserTracks and the (GUI) interface enhancement for 2014 while other times may focus more on content such as RealTracks and UserTracks.

If you compare PG Music products to soft synth companies (as they are about the only other music related companies providing content and programs) they relaease new product year round.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#274039 - 12/11/14 03:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MusicStudent]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
So has anyone tried ST3 (which is only 64bit) with BIAB 2015 and jbridge?? The sound files are huge and without the available RAM afforded with 64bit would likely be a problem. So anyone...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbiDGAUkic&feature=youtu.be

Link to video from the post pinned to the top of the BiaB Forum ..

#274050 - 12/11/14 05:18 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: rharv]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Thanks Rharv, Very Cool. Gonna have to give that a go.
SoundCloud

#274093 - 12/12/14 01:34 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: MJames
I read that also. Both is an option.
There are legitimate advantages to 64 bit. And every major audio software company out there has realized this. Also, since BIAB runs 100% in memory, 64 bit will speed up everything. Especially VST. Here's a quote from Microsofts site. "The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system."

Originally Posted By: Jazzmandan

I have J bridge 1.65c, officially the latest on 12-12-2014, ALREADY bought it, and Sampletank 3 installed. Does not work with BIAB ....

- speed is what we need, as BIAB with all the styles i have collected over the years loads quite slow on my system, 64bit win 7, and takes about 15 to 20 seconds, but maybe that's "normal". I also like to have more programs and plugs loaded in RAM together, and especially Cubase can be a memory monster already. - F

Edited by fiddler2007 (12/12/14 02:19 AM)

#274099 - 12/12/14 04:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: fiddler2007]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rharv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbiDGAUkic&feature=youtu.be
Link to video from the post pinned to the top of the BiaB Forum ..

Originally Posted By: fiddler2007

I have J bridge 1.65c, officially the latest on 12-12-2014, ALREADY bought it, and Sampletank 3 installed. Does not work with BIAB ....
- F

So who we gonna believe? crazy
SoundCloud

#274112 - 12/12/14 06:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Fiddler,

It's good to see you again smile

PG Music have said a few times that you have to get JBridge version 1.7b for BIAB. I had a look on the JBridge site and it's there.

Regards,
Noel

#274143 - 12/12/14 09:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MusicStudent]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
So who we gonna believe?

Peter. He's already answered all these questions and apparently some in this thread are not paying attention.

C'mon somebody can't even see 1.6 vs 1.7 when it's written right there??

Bob

#274160 - 12/12/14 12:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

>>> I have J bridge 1.65c, officially the latest on 12-12-2014, ALREADY bought it, and Sampletank 3 installed. Does not work with BIAB ....

You need jbridge 1.73b or higher. So if you have an older jbridge, you need to update it. Of course the jbridge that you can get with Band-in-a-Box is the new one, and you don't need to update jbridge, as it works great with BB 2015.

********* THE INFO BELOW ONLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAD AN OLDER JBRIDGE, NOT THE PEOPLE WHO GOT IT WITH BAND-IN-A-BOX ****

You can update your existing jbridge here: http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/betaupdates/
Note the list of fixed issues for the jbridge update:

- Several minor crash / bug fixes.
– experimental audioMasterSetTime implementation.
– experimental speed improvements in some IPC structures.
**** – fixed an issue where bridging files would not be loaded when using Band In A Box. ****

#274164 - 12/12/14 12:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Loc: GB
Not been around for a while but must add some input as I believe I was amongst the first to request x64 bit versions.

Thanks for your input Peter. May I hold you to your comment.

"Bottom line, the day will come when we'll make a 64 bit version, it’s getting closer, but the main reason for it is that's what the customers want (and the future is 64 bit) as opposed to some technical reason that will make things faster. The transition from 16 bit to 32 bit was a totally different story - huge advantages."

I'm happy to wait a bit.

Just don't let me die of old age first please.

Mal :-)

#274166 - 12/12/14 12:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
raymb1 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sterling, Va
Now that Peter says BIAB works with 64 bit VSTis with jbridge, is there any other reason for BIAB to become a 64 bit app? Ray

Edited by raymb1 (12/12/14 01:17 PM)

#274205 - 12/12/14 05:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

raymb1 ...... May I offer another question sir.

Why does any company compile 64 bit versions of their software?

#274213 - 12/12/14 05:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Mal. Please. We're specifically talking about Biab, nothing else.

To throw it back to you: What other reason is there for Biab to be 64 bit?

Name the reason and let Peter answer it since he's monitoring this thread.

Bob

#274217 - 12/12/14 06:00 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Not Buying Another Upgrade Until BIAB is 64 Bit. [Re: MJames]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

The answer has been given quite a few times Bob already.

There is an increasing proportion of users that want to be able to use BB as their sole piece of creative outflow. The main reason has to be the utilization of memory on Windows Ultimate. Ok, I have used jBridge for ages and it works, but this is a 'stop gap' only.

With an increase in the availability of 64-bit processors and larger capacities of RAM, Microsoft and Apple both have begun to develop and release upgraded versions of their operating systems that are designed to take full advantage of the new technology. In the case of Microsoft Windows, the basic versions of the operating systems put software limitations on the amount of RAM that can be used by applications, but even in the ultimate and professional version of the operating system, 4 GB is the maximum usable memory the 32-bit version can handle. While a 64-bit operating system can increase the capabilities of a processor drastically, the real jump in power comes from software designed with this architecture in mind.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

PG Music News
#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

You Could Win $150 PG Bucks with our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

Want to WIN $150 PG Bucks? Join the entries already submitted into our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest! When the contest closes on September 30th, we will be picking 4 winners (1 per genre)!

What you need:
-Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition
-Xtra Styles PAK 5 Windows | Mac
-a song written using one of the 160+ fully-mixed Styles included in your Xtra Styles PAK 5 purchase.

Complete contest rules list here.

Forum Stats
27960 Members
57 Forums
53928 Topics
445392 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Bart Vervaeck, kelvinnebs, goldensleather, davidjeams, lazeguy

27963 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 506