Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#27443 - 06/28/09 12:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Brallan]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
Ditto.

#27444 - 06/28/09 02:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Ryszard]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
Okay,
What happened was this.

Open up the Opt/MIDI Devices. I don't have the Forte installed on this computer. I set the Use DXi/VSTi button, and it opened the select panel. I chose TTS-1, and it closed. When I went to close the Opt/MIDI Device window, BIAB would crash...repeatedly.

What I did was clicked the Use DXi/VSTi button, didn't select ANY DXi and then closed the window. I got a message saying that there was no synth selected, which was fine, I clicked okay.

I closed the Opt/MIDI window, and it worked.

THEN, I went to the DXi button on the tool bar, and opened that, and selected the TTS-1.

Any time you open the Opt/MIDI devices window, though, with the DXI/VSTi selected, BIAB seems to crash, so it's kind of a backdoor way to get there. But, I'm listening to the TTS-1 playing in BIAB right now.

As to RB, kind of the same thing, and once I got it set up, and in a Synth slot, I could just go to the synth slot and for that track and select it. Also the 'Set all Tracks to TTS-1' worked as well.

Gary

Edited by Gary Curran (06/28/09 02:47 PM)

#27445 - 06/29/09 11:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Quote:

Open up the Opt/MIDI Devices. I don't have the Forte installed on this computer. I set the Use DXi/VSTi button, and it opened the select panel. I chose TTS-1, and it closed. When I went to close the Opt/MIDI Device window, BIAB would crash...repeatedly.

Interesting, I've seen this before but not all the time. It's one of several weird problems that will crop up occasionally. This kind of thing, along with flaky ASIO and the well known VSTi tempo lock bug in Real Band are things I've talked about in other threads saying they should fix before they work on adding new features. If it really happens all the time Gary, I would report it to support. Right now, it's ok on my system. I just switched between Forte, TTS-1 and the VSC several times without a hitch but it has happened to me. I'm on XP SP3. I remember a few months back I spent some time trying to figure out if I did something to cause it but never found anything. It just seemed to happen randomly. Stuff like this I don't post about because it's not repeatable but in your case it looks like it is.

Bob

#27446 - 06/29/09 11:57 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: jazzmammal]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

I tried selecting no VST/DXi instrument. I got the "You will hear no sound, OK?" message. I continue to get the "TTS-1 is not a valid VST" whether I choose the TTS-1 from the Options/MIDI menu or from the DXi Toolbar button. BIAB crashed completely a couple of times while repeating the process.

Who can confirm whether or not I have the correct files, or whether their location is an issue? In directory "TTS-1" (which I have put in the BB directory) I have TTS-1.dll; index_e.htm; in "Help" subdirectory, index_e.css and index_e.htm (again); in "Gif" subdirectory are five images labeled index_e-x.gif, where x is a number from 1 to 5.

#27447 - 06/29/09 12:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Ryszard]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Rys,
I don't know why anything would tell you that it's not a valid VST. The ONLY thing that I can think of is that you are not attempting to select it from the drop down list, but that you are going to 'Load VSTi' and going to the directory where the TTS-1 is located. Don't do that, if you are. The TTS-1 should be in the drop down menu list. Furthermore, the TTS-1 should be left in the Cakewalk directory where it was loaded.

Use the button (I forget which one, I'm not sitting in front of my music computer) that allows you to scan for new plug ins. Once you put the TTS-1 back in the Cakewalk directory, press that button, and it should find the TTS-1, since that is the location it will be registered in. Then, you can select it from the number 1 drop down menu.

DO NOT try to load it as a VSTi, it will not work.

Gary

#27448 - 06/29/09 12:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Gary:

He must be trying the add VSTi option because it doesn't appear on the drop-down list -- it doesn't appear on mine either, no matter what I do, and the TTS-1.dll is still in the cakewalk directory as you suggest. And so I have had no luck either.

Could it be that Vista Ultimate OS does something different than Home Premium? I don't know enough about OSs to guess.

Brad

#27449 - 06/29/09 01:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Rys,
I don't know why anything would tell you that it's not a valid VST.

Well, it does.

Quote:

The ONLY thing that I can think of is that you are not attempting to select it from the drop down list, but that you are going to 'Load VSTi' and going to the directory where the TTS-1 is located.

True.

Quote:

Don't do that, if you are. The TTS-1 should be in the drop down menu list.

It isn't.

Quote:

Furthermore, the TTS-1 should be left in the Cakewalk directory where it was loaded.

I don't have any Cakewalk products on the machine in question; I had a friend send me the .dll and associated files.

Quote:

Use the button (I forget which one, I'm not sitting in front of my music computer) that allows you to scan for new plug ins. Once you put the TTS-1 back in the Cakewalk directory, press that button, and it should find the TTS-1, since that is the location it will be registered in. Then, you can select it from the number 1 drop down menu.

Is it possible to register it when it is not part of a program?

Quote:

DO NOT try to load it as a VSTi, it will not work.

That's a big ten-four.

#27450 - 06/29/09 01:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Ryszard]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I don't have any Cakewalk products on the machine in question; I had a friend send me the .dll and associated files.

That's why. Unlike VSTis, DXis need to be installed. Without the installation, there is no record of it in the registry, and hence Windows doesn't know anything about it, and then nothing else knows about it.

It must be installed, and you'll have to do that with a Cakewalk product.

Gary

#27451 - 06/29/09 01:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Brad,
I don't know. You can try reinstalling your Cakewalk product and see if it works then. You're using Sonar 8, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Can you see it in Real Band?

Gary

#27452 - 06/29/09 03:56 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
DX/DXi is NOT a .dll file.

VST/VSTi are .dll files.

DX/DXi is not a simple Dynamic Link Library at all. They are applications.

DX/DXi install to the OS and write to the registry. These must use an installer program.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#27453 - 06/29/09 04:18 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Mac]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Gary: Tried everything you've suggested -- No luck. I think I will let it go for now, let someone more persistent pursue this. I have Forte and SD2.

Mac: Under Program Files, in my Cakewalk directory, in the "Shared DXi" folder, in the "Tts-1" subdirectory, I have the file TTS-1.dll. Don't know if this sheds any light or not.

Brad

Edited by Brallan (06/29/09 04:19 PM)

#27454 - 06/29/09 04:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Brallan]
D. Tuna Offline
Apprentice

#27455 - 06/29/09 04:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: D. Tuna]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Some DXi's i have seen show a file like that but still do not work without an install. Perfect example Sampletank free 1 ands 2, both are DXi and VSTi plugs, but require a install you can't move them or they come apart somehow and can't find there parts. VSC has both a DXi and a VSTi both are installed programs, this is the way TTS-1 works. You have to install it with an installer. The proof is in the using, you see it but it won't load.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#27456 - 06/29/09 04:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Robh]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Rob,
Since Brad has installed Sonar 8PE, it should have installed with that. Hence, it should be available to PG Music products.

Brad, I'm not sure why you can't see it. Can you see other things like Groove Agent, and other DXi programs that came with Sonar?

Gary

#27457 - 06/29/09 04:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Your right Gary, but i was refering to the OP on this thread, who stated he had no cakewalk products installed, not Brad.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#27458 - 06/29/09 04:58 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

I will look at DXMan when I have a chance.

Gary:

Yes, Sonar 8 and components are all installed, and TTS-1 just re-installed.
No, I cannot see any other DXi components, like Groove Agent, from Sonar in BB.
But, I do have Dimension Pro and Beatscape showing as VSTi add-ons, and as best I can tell so far, they work (altho my Dimension Pro just crashed).

Brad

#27459 - 06/29/09 06:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Brallan]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Brad,
Did you find that button that rescans for plug ins? That would be under the Plug In window, but I don't recall where, exactly. Something in BIAB isn't seeing the DXis, and I don't know why.

Gary

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51893 Topics
428793 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 341
Noel96 150