Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#27443 - 06/28/09 12:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Brallan]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
Ditto.

#27444 - 06/28/09 02:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Ryszard]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
Okay,
What happened was this.

Open up the Opt/MIDI Devices. I don't have the Forte installed on this computer. I set the Use DXi/VSTi button, and it opened the select panel. I chose TTS-1, and it closed. When I went to close the Opt/MIDI Device window, BIAB would crash...repeatedly.

What I did was clicked the Use DXi/VSTi button, didn't select ANY DXi and then closed the window. I got a message saying that there was no synth selected, which was fine, I clicked okay.

I closed the Opt/MIDI window, and it worked.

THEN, I went to the DXi button on the tool bar, and opened that, and selected the TTS-1.

Any time you open the Opt/MIDI devices window, though, with the DXI/VSTi selected, BIAB seems to crash, so it's kind of a backdoor way to get there. But, I'm listening to the TTS-1 playing in BIAB right now.

As to RB, kind of the same thing, and once I got it set up, and in a Synth slot, I could just go to the synth slot and for that track and select it. Also the 'Set all Tracks to TTS-1' worked as well.

Gary

Edited by Gary Curran (06/28/09 02:47 PM)

#27445 - 06/29/09 11:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Quote:

Open up the Opt/MIDI Devices. I don't have the Forte installed on this computer. I set the Use DXi/VSTi button, and it opened the select panel. I chose TTS-1, and it closed. When I went to close the Opt/MIDI Device window, BIAB would crash...repeatedly.

Interesting, I've seen this before but not all the time. It's one of several weird problems that will crop up occasionally. This kind of thing, along with flaky ASIO and the well known VSTi tempo lock bug in Real Band are things I've talked about in other threads saying they should fix before they work on adding new features. If it really happens all the time Gary, I would report it to support. Right now, it's ok on my system. I just switched between Forte, TTS-1 and the VSC several times without a hitch but it has happened to me. I'm on XP SP3. I remember a few months back I spent some time trying to figure out if I did something to cause it but never found anything. It just seemed to happen randomly. Stuff like this I don't post about because it's not repeatable but in your case it looks like it is.

Bob

#27446 - 06/29/09 11:57 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: jazzmammal]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

I tried selecting no VST/DXi instrument. I got the "You will hear no sound, OK?" message. I continue to get the "TTS-1 is not a valid VST" whether I choose the TTS-1 from the Options/MIDI menu or from the DXi Toolbar button. BIAB crashed completely a couple of times while repeating the process.

Who can confirm whether or not I have the correct files, or whether their location is an issue? In directory "TTS-1" (which I have put in the BB directory) I have TTS-1.dll; index_e.htm; in "Help" subdirectory, index_e.css and index_e.htm (again); in "Gif" subdirectory are five images labeled index_e-x.gif, where x is a number from 1 to 5.

#27447 - 06/29/09 12:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Ryszard]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Rys,
I don't know why anything would tell you that it's not a valid VST. The ONLY thing that I can think of is that you are not attempting to select it from the drop down list, but that you are going to 'Load VSTi' and going to the directory where the TTS-1 is located. Don't do that, if you are. The TTS-1 should be in the drop down menu list. Furthermore, the TTS-1 should be left in the Cakewalk directory where it was loaded.

Use the button (I forget which one, I'm not sitting in front of my music computer) that allows you to scan for new plug ins. Once you put the TTS-1 back in the Cakewalk directory, press that button, and it should find the TTS-1, since that is the location it will be registered in. Then, you can select it from the number 1 drop down menu.

DO NOT try to load it as a VSTi, it will not work.

Gary

#27448 - 06/29/09 12:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Gary:

He must be trying the add VSTi option because it doesn't appear on the drop-down list -- it doesn't appear on mine either, no matter what I do, and the TTS-1.dll is still in the cakewalk directory as you suggest. And so I have had no luck either.

Could it be that Vista Ultimate OS does something different than Home Premium? I don't know enough about OSs to guess.

Brad

#27449 - 06/29/09 01:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Rys,
I don't know why anything would tell you that it's not a valid VST.

Well, it does.

Quote:

The ONLY thing that I can think of is that you are not attempting to select it from the drop down list, but that you are going to 'Load VSTi' and going to the directory where the TTS-1 is located.

True.

Quote:

Don't do that, if you are. The TTS-1 should be in the drop down menu list.

It isn't.

Quote:

Furthermore, the TTS-1 should be left in the Cakewalk directory where it was loaded.

I don't have any Cakewalk products on the machine in question; I had a friend send me the .dll and associated files.

Quote:

Use the button (I forget which one, I'm not sitting in front of my music computer) that allows you to scan for new plug ins. Once you put the TTS-1 back in the Cakewalk directory, press that button, and it should find the TTS-1, since that is the location it will be registered in. Then, you can select it from the number 1 drop down menu.

Is it possible to register it when it is not part of a program?

Quote:

DO NOT try to load it as a VSTi, it will not work.

That's a big ten-four.

#27450 - 06/29/09 01:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Ryszard]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I don't have any Cakewalk products on the machine in question; I had a friend send me the .dll and associated files.

That's why. Unlike VSTis, DXis need to be installed. Without the installation, there is no record of it in the registry, and hence Windows doesn't know anything about it, and then nothing else knows about it.

It must be installed, and you'll have to do that with a Cakewalk product.

Gary

#27451 - 06/29/09 01:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Brad,
I don't know. You can try reinstalling your Cakewalk product and see if it works then. You're using Sonar 8, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Can you see it in Real Band?

Gary

#27452 - 06/29/09 03:56 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
DX/DXi is NOT a .dll file.

VST/VSTi are .dll files.

DX/DXi is not a simple Dynamic Link Library at all. They are applications.

DX/DXi install to the OS and write to the registry. These must use an installer program.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#27453 - 06/29/09 04:18 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Mac]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Gary: Tried everything you've suggested -- No luck. I think I will let it go for now, let someone more persistent pursue this. I have Forte and SD2.

Mac: Under Program Files, in my Cakewalk directory, in the "Shared DXi" folder, in the "Tts-1" subdirectory, I have the file TTS-1.dll. Don't know if this sheds any light or not.

Brad

Edited by Brallan (06/29/09 04:19 PM)

#27454 - 06/29/09 04:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Brallan]
D. Tuna Offline
Apprentice

#27455 - 06/29/09 04:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: D. Tuna]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Some DXi's i have seen show a file like that but still do not work without an install. Perfect example Sampletank free 1 ands 2, both are DXi and VSTi plugs, but require a install you can't move them or they come apart somehow and can't find there parts. VSC has both a DXi and a VSTi both are installed programs, this is the way TTS-1 works. You have to install it with an installer. The proof is in the using, you see it but it won't load.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#27456 - 06/29/09 04:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Robh]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Rob,
Since Brad has installed Sonar 8PE, it should have installed with that. Hence, it should be available to PG Music products.

Brad, I'm not sure why you can't see it. Can you see other things like Groove Agent, and other DXi programs that came with Sonar?

Gary

#27457 - 06/29/09 04:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Your right Gary, but i was refering to the OP on this thread, who stated he had no cakewalk products installed, not Brad.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#27458 - 06/29/09 04:58 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Gary Curran]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

I will look at DXMan when I have a chance.

Gary:

Yes, Sonar 8 and components are all installed, and TTS-1 just re-installed.
No, I cannot see any other DXi components, like Groove Agent, from Sonar in BB.
But, I do have Dimension Pro and Beatscape showing as VSTi add-ons, and as best I can tell so far, they work (altho my Dimension Pro just crashed).

Brad

#27459 - 06/29/09 06:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth doesn't work in 64-bit Vista . . . [Re: Brallan]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Brad,
Did you find that button that rescans for plug ins? That would be under the Plug In window, but I don't recall where, exactly. Something in BIAB isn't seeing the DXis, and I don't know why.

Gary

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Happy National iPod Day! Celebrate with Pitch Invasion

The iPod was introduced on October 23, 2001 - it's hard to believe we've had the iPod available to us for so long!

Spend some time on your iPod today playing our Pitch Invasion App, reviewed as "A great to pass the time and work on pitch recognition."

Band-in-a-Box® Backing Tracks on the Masterclass 'Melodic Choices' Tour!

The Masterclass 'Melodic Choices' tour with Michael Dolce is on its final month, with dates remaining in Australia!

Michael uses Band-in-a-Box® to create the tracks for this tour!

A few images from the event:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

A little information about Michael Dolce :
Michael Dolce is one of Australia's premier guitarists whose career spans over 27 years. He has worked with Delta Goodrem, Lionel Richie, The Madden Brothers, Good Charlotte, Keith Urban, Kelly Rowland, Kylie Minogue, Roachford, Jessica Mauboy, Ricky Martin, Ronan Keating, Jessie J, Seal, Will-I-Am, Paulini, Marvin Priest and many more. He is the house guitarist for the hit show 'The Voice' and has been touring the country with his 'Masterclass' series for the past 3 years sharing his concepts, approach, technique and knowledge.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows - User Programmable Functions

But, what if you want to be able to tell the program to do MORE than that?

Head to Chapter 14: User Programmable Functions within the online manual, and you'll learn more about programmable features like:

The StyleMaker
Create brand-new styles or edit existing styles!

Making RealDrums Styles
Template file included! You can either record a drummer, or you can piece together a wave file using drum loops!

The Harmony Maker
Create or edit your own (or existing) harmonies!

The Soloist Maker and The Melodist Maker
Define your own Soloists or Melodists in whichever style you'd like!

The Guitarist Maker
The program will intelligently arrange any melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. There are many preloaded Guitarists to choose from, or you can customize existing Guitarists’ settings or make your own Guitarists from scratch using this feature.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

Forum Stats
28094 Members
57 Forums
54501 Topics
450798 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Cássio stones, Molldur, Frans, Gregle, sergio2018

28094 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 203