Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Eager to try I started with RealTracks 206. With all 7 styles channel 5 is supposed to have the string quartet, or the violin or the viola. But there's nothing there, no sound, while the rest can be heard. I've checked other styles and they are good, but with RT 206 I get no strings.Am I doing something wrong?

Journeyman
Journeyman
I just tried it and get the same results as you. I even solo'd the strings to check I just wasn't hearing them but there's nothing there.

I notice that build 412 has fixes for RT207 - 212 so maybe one is due for 206 too?

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi people,

I've just tried Set 206 and it works for me.

Could you please outline how you tested it? If you can give me the steps, I'll see if I can re-create the problem.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Noel,

I just typed in a few chords. 12 bars with part markers every 4 bars in case strings only sound on a or b parts (can't remember if that's the right term when you change it from a to b to nothing etc).

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
Veteran
Veteran
First, unless you have gone in and changed which instruments play on which channels "Strings" is on the default of channel 6, not 5.

Second channels are for MIDI instruments, we are talking about REAL TRACKS not MIDI Instruments so immaterial which channel.

All that aside, I've loaded the RT 206 demo songs (each of them) and they all have Strings playing for me (they LOAD into the 5th position "Strings" in the BIAB MIXER but they are RT's not MIDI instruments.)

Larry

Edited update:

Info only - All 5 RT 206's do have/allow associated RealChart's so if/when you go into Real Band with a RT 206 set (e.g., you create a song with RT's from set 206 either from within BIAB and move it to RB or from within RB itself) it WILL generate a MIDI "mirror" of the RT 206 notes in Real Band, of course you have to tell RB this in preferences:

Options -> Preferences - > 7-Song Generation

last check box "When generating RealTracks also generate RealChart"

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/16/14 02:29 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
First, I meant position 5, not channel 5, I haven't changed the channels or anything.
Then, I very much did what receder did: new song, existing song, added part markers, solo'ed the strings... but no strings. And this goes for all 7 styles.
Weird. I'll put it to support.

Last edited by bartveld; 12/16/14 09:45 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Interesting.

Here's something for you both to try ...

1. Get into Stylepicker.

2. Scroll down the lefthand column until you get to Set #206

3. Click on "RT206" in the lefthand column and the styles that have been prepared for that set will become visible.

4. Click once on the top style to select it (it will be highlighted blue).

5. Now click on the button "Load Song Demo" as shown below.

6. Click the "OK" button at the bottom of Stylepicker to exit.

7. Generate the song and see what happens.

Hope this helps,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Yeah, should've mentioned it: I already tried that and no, no strings in the demo song either.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried that too and it makes no difference. Tried RT207 and that's all working as it should (but it has no strings). Any demo I have tried with strings, violin etc doesn't generate anything on the (string/violin) channel.

EDIT: I also tried RealBand (first time) using the same style and demo song and also got no strings...

Last edited by receder; 12/17/14 01:52 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
Looks different here:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RB_CSTRBAL_Demo.JPG (161.91 KB, 134 downloads)
_CSTRBAL Demo

Martin
Veteran
Veteran
Receder,

That's a great graphic. It clearly shows that strings are not being loaded.

On last thing to try, close BIAB and RB and see if it is possible to manually re-install the RT Set 206. I mention this because another user in a different thread (today) was having problems and he manually re-installed the problem set and all was good.

If the above doesn't work, I suggest that you email support@pgmusic.com and send the url of this thread so that they can see the discussion here. There certainly seems to be some kind of problem.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
@receder: could you tell me a few of the other styles with strings you tried? I'd like to try those too...

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Noel,

I have just tried the manual re-install of those RealTracks and still no joy.
So I have emailed PG Support.

Thanks again for your help.

Next thing to get my head around is configuring Sampletank 3 and sound card/MIDI for use within BIAB.
I am usually quite comfortable with this type of thing in DAWs having set up a few over the years (going back to Dr T KCS on the Amiga!).

However, BIAB seems a different beast - you want it to use those lovely RealTrack samples where possible (therefore output to my Boss BR800) but when using MIDI to use ST3's gorgeous samples instead. When I had an initial fiddle with this I ended with lovely sounding MIDI only songs and no sound on RealTrack songs or vice versa. I was probably doing something wrong but I got the impression that these are global settings rather than "per song". Anyway, I digress, that's something for another thread smile

Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: bartveld
@receder: could you tell me a few of the other styles with strings you tried? I'd like to try those too...

Hi bartveld,

I opened StylePicker and filtered on strings. I just selected one at random so can't recall exactly.

Here's a couple I have just found with non-working strings/violin/viola:

_LVLNPOP - using demo song
_STRFOLK - ditto

The RealTracks folder does contain appropriate looking samples for the relevant RealTracks (the wma files play back ok in media player) but there seems to be a disconnect somewhere in BB.

Rec

Veteran
Veteran
I could be wrong... but this sounds very much like a problem that we've talked about before... with no indication of a resolution (that began occurring in the 2014 version).

Once you've loaded one of those demos, go to the mixer and check the plugins tab. Double-click the strings plugin setting to bring up the dialog. I don't think you need to do anything, but you might set it to "none". Then go back to the song and see if the RT plays...

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Floyd. I tried that out using _STRFOLK with its demo song.

I still didn't get any sound. Then I went to the assign realtracks dialog and tried selecting the viola RT above the current one and it generated a RT fine. Let's be clear:

Current RT = 2336 viola, background Pop ev 85 (1trackstringsection) {No sound output from this}
Changed to RT = 2510 viola, background Pop ev 120 (1trackstringquartet) {worked fine}

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
So what happens when you manually change it back?

Journeyman
Journeyman
I had tried that but forgot to say - still no output when you manually change it back.

I have now also re-downloaded the Realtracks206-213.exe and re-installed it again - makes no difference.

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Well, we both made a separate ticket to support. Let's see what they come up with.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Yes, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I keep finding issues with RTs and I have now got the behaviour that floyd mentioned on RT213

Select style _SWPOPST and Load Demo Song (Uses 2370 Strings RT) - no string sound.

Now right click over strings track with plugins tab displayed and you get a VST/DX Synth plugins dialog. Close this and hey presto - you now get strings sound.

BUT

Same RT213

Select _SWSTWLZ and Load Demo Song (Uses 2371 Strings RT) - strings sound fine.

Now Select *=STPOPCT and Load Demo Song, I am getting an error dialog box:

Attenzione

PART 7 INSTRUMENT NOT FOUND

followed by the same for part 6 and part 2.

BUT It plays fine and all the parts sound!?!?

Is this normal behaviour?

I'm beginning to think that I need to test every realtrack, substyle and demo song to check what's working and what isn't!

Last edited by receder; 12/17/14 08:52 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,526
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197