........BABE, LET'S GO OUT TONIGHT

Lyrics

The night is fine, so fine
for a rendezvouz
babe, let´s get out to dine
just me and just you
a table for two
I´ll order online, online
so, babe, let´s go out and have a great ,great time tonight !

You´re lookin´great, so great
in that lovely dress
maybe getting´late
but don´t take no stress
gonna be great nonetheless
gonna be our special date
so, babe, let´s go out and have a great, great time tonight!

You know I love you so, never seen you so sweet before
that leaves me wanting you more and more
I just want to hold you tight
that´s gonna feel so right, so right

solo

Let´s take some little trips
on the sea of love
may I kiss your lips
I just love them so
let´s take a chance on a dance
and a little romance

....... (by Dani) ©Dani Lindroos 2015

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice smooth jazz tune. The vocal is just has that late night, closing down the joint mellowness about it. OK, who's doing what here on this here number?

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Great tune!! A little departure for Dani into the classic jazz club sound. I'm guessing Dean plays the jazzy axe and Pat plays the organ solo? (which fits in very sweetly!). I think the verb could come down a bit, and eq on the vocal may make the lyrics a bit clearer. Really nice stuff!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Here's the story behind the song:

Dani wrote this charming little dinner tune, and created a very nice accompaniment for it in BIAB. He also contacted Me and Dean to collaborate, but I'm not sure if either of us knew the other was involved. You may already see where this is going... wink

Dani had originally asked me to add a cello part (presumably because Josie's song with cello had just hit the showcase?) I agreed, but when I heard Dani's song I couldn't come up with an application for a cello by itself. To me, the song needed a full string section.. so I asked if I could change assignments. Dani, being the nice and easy to get along with guy that he is, was OK with the change.

So I sequenced the strings note by note in the piano roll. Still not knowing that Dean was involved, I also sent along a rhythm guitar part "just in case". (Its the strumming guitar that is panned somewhat to the right)

Meanwhile, in another part of the world.. New England, to be exact... Dean was actually thinking like an accomplished jazz master... and I literally mean master of all trades.... he was creating an arrangement with customized intro and ending and fascinating guitar, bass and keyboard delights! The entire fantastic intro is Dean!! Wow! Likewise the entire ending was created by Dean and appended to the end of the song as it was delivered to him! I just LOVE stuff like that, but if terrorists lined me up against a wall and said they'd cut my head off if I couldn't write a cool ending.. I'd be a dead man. Dean, on the other hand, would probably end up signing autographs for the terrorists.

Dean also played the organ solo in the middle... and I'm pretty sure he played a lot more than that.. maybe everything except what I played. (I can't say for sure because I worked from an MP3 and I never had all the tracks. But in one of the emails I recall Dani saying that Dean had played everything! )

By this time I was thinking that playing guitar in a song where Dean is also playing is kind of like a dwarf standing beside a giant. No matter how spiffy the dwarf dresses, he just ain't gonna compare well to the giant. Soooo, I begged the other guys to ditch my parts so the two of them could really make it shine (I really like the chord pattern, lyrics, melody and Dani's vocal delivery on this song! And I *ALWAYS * like Deans musical craftsmanship... but in THIS case, his embellishments were so perfect for the song and the intro and ending were so creative and interesting that the song was already excellent before I got there. And how about that organ solo? WOW!)

In the final analysis, adding my stuff just meant that something awesome from Dean got left out. That's a good definition for "Aw, Bummer, man!". It did, however, allow for enough different parts that there was plenty of opportunity to trim redundant parts to keep new stuff happening the whole time.

In conclusion I want to thank Dani for inviting me to participate, and congratulate him on writing and singing such a nice song! And thanks to Dean for his willingness to share his vast musical knowledge and skills with others!

Dani, I hope that you live this song over your holiday in Spain! wink

(PS.. the final mix does have more reverb than any of the copies I worked to...)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dani/Dean/Pat

Bunches of good stuff here.

Dani - a good write - one of your best (the order online line made me chuckle - very original). Your vocal is excellent. Heck...Frank would be proud!

The organ solo is cool. The guitar, too. The strings are really nice - I think they need to come up in volume - to really make a statement (particularly on the last verse).

The reverb on the vocal needs a little work (a bit less). One idea (just an idea) is to dup the vocal track (make a copy) and leave it completely dry - then mix the two together - maybe panned 15% to either side - to give you that deep reverb, but add some definition to the vocal...

A wonderful collab, guys....

floyd

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
What an excellent collaboration. Everything fit right in place. Dani and Dean are both at the top of their game but I have to say the versatility of Pat Marr is a pleasant revelation over the recent past. Not just his musicianship but the ease that he so proficiently crosses genres. Nice job by all.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Dean and Pat !!:))

How great to have been granted the honor
and pleasure to get to collab with such
fine guys like you !!!!!!!!:))

Dean: You turned my mediocre and bleak tune into a masterpiece
with your absolutely magical intros, medios and outros
out of this world and so wonderfully played! Except for Pat´s
rhytm guit and the midistrings, I have a feeling you played
all other instruments, maybe even the drums ?

Pat: your contribution brought a nice touch to the tune
and added color to it in a very nice way, I am grateful for
that and......... Pat, I am looking forward to having your
cello on board in another tune that would perhaps suit it
better than this one !

What have I done to deserve this ?

Have the Most Great Holidays both of you, my brothers in arms !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hello composer-team
A lovely story of collaboration around the globe.
Love the result, take my hat off for your musical craftsmanship.
The reverb... I saw a dark brown smokey cafe (bar) with tree old :-) jazz players, I'd put in a roomy reverb
Grtz to you all
Fred

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dani / Pat / Dean,

What to say ...

... the minute that laid-back swing jazz accompaniment started, I knew I was going to enjoy the ride. This is great! The melody is excellent, the musical atmosphere that the backing creates is calm and relaxing, and the presentation is a credit to everyone involved. Like floyd, I thought the strings could be lifted. There is some really nice harmonic movement happening that deserves its share of the spotlight.

All in all ... it's two confident thumbs up from me.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dani/Dean/Pat

Bunches of good stuff here.

Dani - a good write - one of your best (the order online line made me chuckle - very original). Your vocal is excellent. Heck...Frank would be proud!

The organ solo is cool. The guitar, too. The strings are really nice - I think they need to come up in volume - to really make a statement (particularly on the last verse).

The reverb on the vocal needs a little work (a bit less). One idea (just an idea) is to dup the vocal track (make a copy) and leave it completely dry - then mix the two together - maybe panned 15% to either side - to give you that deep reverb, but add some definition to the vocal...

A wonderful collab, guys....

floyd

+1 , Dani- your best write and best vocal!
Dean, fabulous organ solo and a great intro! I love your guitar chord work.
Pat, Nicely composed string section and I heard that guitar in there.

I think if you address the mix issues that floyd pointed out, it's a definite top shelf keeper!!! Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
There are a lot of very cool
things that have sprung forth
from this community over the
three years we've been here.

And about the coolest are the
increasing number of collabs.
The power of BiAB and the
internet is, indeed, potent. This
is a great example of what can
happen with the technology
allows members of somewhat
different music persuasions to
come together.

W/o getting redundant with all
the positive comments that have been
made about the three of you (and
for which we much agree), we'll
only say the concept worked, worked
well and every contribution is
standout.

Oh yeah, and we MUCH dig the
"Frank Vibe!" And the cool write.
And the musicianship. And the
smoooooth arrangement and
production.

J&B

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 12/18/14 04:17 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
+1 to all the comments.

BUT *hides behind settee* I prefer Dani in a less frenetic mode but I can see the beauty of all this.

Some good collaborations on this site

Happy Xmas to all involved

Alyn

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dani,

I should have made clear who did what on this tune. I want to assure Forum members that my contribution was pretty marginal. The drums, bass and piano are RealTracks. I do blow a pretty good B3 solo in there. And the intro and outro arrangements.

No, the real credit has to go to the creative mind behind the tune, i.e., Dani's changes, lyrics and orchestration in BIAB. Bravo!

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dani, Dean and Pat,
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
What an excellent collaboration. Everything fit right in place. Dani and Dean are both at the top of their game but I have to say the versatility of Pat Marr is a pleasant revelation over the recent past. Not just his musicianship but the ease that he so proficiently crosses genres. Nice job by all.

Thanks Charlie, you said exactly what I think.
Dean, that organ solo is just fabulous.
Merry Christmas to you all.

Guenter

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Great work going on here.

Wonderfully atmospheric song and production.

Like Floyd, I think the vocal reverb could be looked at and maybe then lift the voice a bit in the mix - it's such a good vocal delivery that it doesn't want to get lost.

Congrats to all involved.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi guys,

After having heard this song, we felt quite relaxed. Exactly a song for this time of the year. Candles on the table, an open fire and a Christmas tree....
Fruitful cooperation!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is pretty cool. Nice playing on the Hammond B3.... loved that retro sound.

The voice needs less reverb and to be a bit more upfront and present in the mix..... Don't hide behind the FX....

I'm no expert on the genre so I won't comment on the tune other than to say I could see this being set in a smokey old jazz club where the band, the singer, the bartender and one or two people nursing a glass filled with scotch on the rocks are the only folks there......

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, ol´friend !

Nice of you to take time to listen
to this little collabtune of ours !
I think Dean answered your
question a little further down!
Wishing you a Merry Xmas and a most
wonderful New Year 2015

Dani for
The Team !

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Greg !:)

Your guess was (chuckle)
almost right and Dean did
tell us some comments down
who´s playing what !:))
Othervise you are absolutely
right about the mix !:))

Hi, Greg, the Team wishes
you a Most Merry Christmas
and a Most Happy and Creative
Year 2015 !

For the Team
Dani

Last edited by dani48; 12/18/14 11:38 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool collaboration. Lots going on. Excellent vocal. Back track and playing were also excellent..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195