Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
Journeyman
By the way I notice that PG staff rarely reply to this type of post. Is there a specific place to post such "possible bug reports"?

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
We can't determine what would cause this to happen. Could you perhaps email us the file intrface.bbw from your bb folder? Perhaps we can duplicate it using the same settings as you.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Andrew, you look like you were about to take a really great nap on that recliner, but someone interrupted it with a picture.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Receder

Do you actually have the Hi-Q instruments installed? Check for a folder such as this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\Instruments\Band-in-a-Box

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
We can't determine what would cause this to happen. Could you perhaps email us the file intrface.bbw from your bb folder? Perhaps we can duplicate it using the same settings as you.

Thanks Andrew, I will email you the file. Assume I send it to support@pgmusic.com ? I can't help thinking that some kind of checksum/md5 checker would be useful for us downloaders of the many parts that make up the EverythingPak. If you read my other post you will see that I had some issues with at least one file which was corrected by re-downloading it even though both files were identical in size.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Receder

Do you actually have the Hi-Q instruments installed? Check for a folder such as this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\Instruments\Band-in-a-Box

Hi Andrew,

I installed it with BIAB Pro 2015 so skipped it on the EverythingPAK upgrade. However, funny you should ask as I decided to re-install it this afternoon although it was already in the location you mentioned.

C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\Instruments\Band-in-a-Box <- this is cut and paste from my Explorer header

I thought the same as you as "Attenzione" is Italian as are IK Multimedia.

Also if it makes any difference I have full Sampletank 3 installed

Last edited by receder; 12/17/14 09:40 AM.

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I'll step back for a while and see what you guys can figure out.

Veteran
Veteran
NO real help on your current issue but I also have ST 3. But note the HI-Q instruments are ST2 based.

Yea you can import HI-Q into ST3 and play them there, but when BIAB sees a HI-Q instrument in one of the tracks BIAB will then instantiate (run) a ST2 DXi to use the HI-Q instruments/sounds: ST3 will have no impact on it one way or other.

While we are here - and this is a FYI only: If/when YOU call up ST2 use the VSTi version NOT the DXi one (which seems to be the default - DXi) .

BIAB calling up the ST2 DXI to use for the HI-Q instruments seems to work fine. However, more than a few users, myself included, especially when using the GM add-on ST2 library Omni Synth 2, have had real BIAB stability (crashes) issues. Side note: over the years I've had more issues with DXi stuff (even outside BIAB) then VSTi stuff.

I had/have the free ST2, I also have and use full Total Workstation (FULL ST2 XL, full AmpliTube, full T-Racks) as well as ST3, (as well as all the other usual suspects full Kontact 5, Dim Pro, Rapture, Jamstix, AD 2, EZdrummer 2, ...)

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/17/14 10:11 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Thanks. We received your file. Can you please test with build 413 and see if you still are having the same problem. If so, tell us the name of the style (and demo song if applicable) that it happens with.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Andrew, I will get back to you in due course.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Andrew,

I have emailed a final list of issues after testing all demo songs and styles in RT 206 to 227 on version 413.

The formatting is lost by pasting here but some folks might find it useful...

RT208, 209, 211, 214, 215, 216, 218, 219, 221, 222, 223, 224
All ok

RT206
No string tracks generated:
violin[2337]
string quartet [2334 & 2335]
viola[2336 & 2338]
All demo songs load without error

RT207
_ELPJHSS and _JHRNSSS - Load Demo Song - Message - Not Found

RT210
^_BOOGL01 gives error loading first demo from the two that popup (demo2 is ok)
Attenzione PART 2: Instrument not found
but seems to play ok.

^_BOOGL02 is OK.

RT212
*_KOTOCLD gives error loading demo - Attenzione PART 7: Instrument not found
but seems to play ok.

*_NASHAKU gives error loading demo - Attenzione PART 6 & PART 7: Instrument not found
but seems to play ok.

RT213
^_CELAIRP gives error loading demo - Attenzione PART 7: Instrument not found
but seems to play ok.
N.B. this uses a string track which works but it's MIDI using SampleTank rather than a RT.

^_CTWLZGP gives error loading demo - Attenzione PART 2: Instrument not found
but seems to play ok.

Note: The following styles with RT strings play fine
_SWPOPST strings RT 2370
_SWSTWLZ strings RT 2371

^=STPOPCT gives error loading demo - Attenzione PART 6 and PART 2: Instrument not found
but seems to play ok and uses strings RT 2369.

RT217
_JWALTZS - Load Demo Song - Message - Not Found

RT220
_SJAZCSP - Load Demo Song - Message - Not Found

RT225
_FLKSWAG - Load Demo Song - Message - Not Found

RT227
_CBALDBR - Load Demo Song - Message - Not Found

Rec

Last edited by receder; 12/18/14 12:21 AM.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Thanks.

1. The SampleTank 'instrument not found' messages that you are getting when loading some demo songs are spurious, and a result of the method we used to make the demo songs. We'll address that so it can't happen. However the error does seem to indicate that some Hi-Q instruments wouldn't work on your system for some reason. To test it you would right click on a MIDI track --> Select Hi-Q MIDI Synth patch. To start with, check C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Preferences\ST2Pref.txt and see what the instrument path is. 1. is there a Band-in-a-Box folder in that path? 2. Assuming there is, look in the Band-in-a-Box folder for the file synth\FatBassSynth PG.stip. What is the date modified on that file?

2. There are a few styles without demo songs. We'll likely be adding those with the next patch.

3. I do not know why some Strings RealTracks are not playing for you. (e.g. No string tracks generated: violin[2337])

Can you please -
- Open the style ZZJAZZ.STY.
- Add RT #2337 to the Strings track and generate it. Does it play?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks.

Can you please -
- Open the style ZZJAZZ.STY.
- Add RT #2337 to the Strings track and generate it. Does it play?

I've done that, but still no sound from the strings part.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Andrew,

Sorry this is a bit long but at least one issue may be resolved. Here are my results:

• 1. I selected at random =CATA_BS.STY which has a MIDI piano. I replaced this with Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand Sampletank.tgs. I get “PART 3 : INSTRUMENT NOT FOUND” (solved later – read on) and the track display says Hi-Q etc but stays yellow (don’t Hi-Q instruments have a different colour?). It doesn’t sound Hi-Q so I assume it’s the standard MIDI piano sound. I checked the ST2Pref file and it says

InstrumentPath=E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\

The BIAB folder is at E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Band-in-a-Box

The reason it’s not on C by the way is that I have been using ST2 for ages with a few existing ST2 modules and I moved its large samples to my E drive so it didn’t use up space on my SSD. I assume the BIAB Hi-Q installer installed the BIAB instruments to my C drive as there was a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Instruments\Band-in-a-Box so I copied this folder manually to the ST folder on the E drive so that I didn’t have to move my existing libraries. However, since installing the BIAB upgrade and patches I haven’t recopied the folder which is possibly the cause of one of the problems…

The modified date for ‎FattBassSynth PG.stip on my E drive is 20 ‎November ‎2013, ‏‎16:24:34 compared to the one at C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Instruments\Band-in-a-Box which is ‎26 ‎June ‎2014, ‏‎11:45:40.

So I have now copied the folder with the latest BIAB Hi-Q instruments from C to E and have stopped getting the “instrument not found” error. I have also re-tested RT 206 to 227 and they no longer give these errors either.
  • 2. Ok
  • 3. I get no string track generated same as bartveld. If I substitute RT 2370 I do get a string track.

In the light of 1. and the fact that I now have a larger SSD maybe it's time to move my ST2 libraries back to C. In fact I was hoping to import them into ST3 which is on C anyway. Can the BIAB Hi-Q samples also be imported into ST3 as that would make things a lot neater as I would only need ST3 instead of ST2 and ST3? Although I guess any HI-Q updates would still go to a different location and need re-importing.

Last edited by receder; 12/18/14 12:28 PM.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Thanks, that's starting to make some sense, regarding the ST messages. We can probably think of a way to prevent that from happening in the future. At the moment the program is 'hard-coded' to use ST2 for HiQ, but yes in the longer term we'll probably get it working for ST3.

The Strings problem is perplexing. Do the WMA's play for you, in the bb\RealTracks\Violin, Background, PopHigh Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection) folder?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Andrew,

The WMAs in that folder play fine. At least I tried 7 or 8 of them at random and they played without any issues.

How about you bartveld?

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: receder

How about you bartveld?

Yup, those files play OK.

Journeyman
Journeyman
So it just you and I bartveld who have the missing string RT? Is there anything we can do within the program to detect the problem?

Andrew, is there some kind of debug mode that would allow us to investigate this further?

Also, what's the easiest way to test all RTs in BIAB? Maybe would show some kind of pattern if only certain RTs were affected?

Thanks

Last edited by receder; 12/19/14 08:41 AM.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
We have finally determined why this is happening, and will have a fix for it later today.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
We have finally determined why this is happening, and will have a fix for it later today.

Good news! Thanks Andrew. I hope they pay you a lot for the dedication you show in support of BIAB!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,582
Posts734,692
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200