Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Installed JBridge. It resides in my Programs Folder. I watched the video. I tried to install a 64bit VST Nectar2 plugin in both BIAB and RB but I still get the same "won't work" message as before, that is, pre-2015 BB/RB. I'm not sure how to proceed or troubleshoot.

Should the JBridge program folder be in the BB Folder? Should I delete and reinstall - how do I do reinstall? (So many questions!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Win7Pro / 8GB RAM / 1.3G Hard Drive / BIAB/RB EverythingPK /

[reply by Peter Gannon/PG Music]: Hi Sonny Ray: Please see my detailed reply at the bottom of this thread. In our testing, the 64 bit plugin that you mentioned works fine in Band-in-a-Box 2015 with jbridge. The plugin to use is "iZotope Nectar 2.dll" (this works in Band-in-a-Box 2015, including 64 bit and 32 bit ). The issue likely arose because you chose a different plugin name, that is iZNectar2.dll which is a "VST 3" and not a VST plugin. But please try it with "iZotope Nectar 2.dll" and it should work fine. Peter Gannon

Keep on Rockin'
Sonny Ray
Veteran
Veteran
Sonny,

Did you get JBridge from PG Music? If not, what version do you have?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A wont work message likely means that you don't have the current version of jbridge. Try the menu help,show log of yellow messages. That should record the exact message, which usually says more Info,

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi,

Noel: Yes, I purchased my JBridge from BB: Version 1.7b3

Peter: I don't understand the last part of you message: "Try the menu help,show log of yellow messages. That should record the exact message, which usually says more Info" I've gone to help and I've looked at the activity log but I can't access any message pertaining to my attempts to access a 64bit plugin.

I read the a later posting similar to mine about the same problem and followed the link to jBridge. I've followed their set up instructions but still am getting the same result: RB won't recognize the 64bit version of Nectar2 (it still recognizes the 32bit format) or any other 64bit plug on my computer.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for your help,
SonnyRay

Keep on Rockin'
Sonny Ray
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I don't know if this makes any difference to the above: I just clicked on the JBridge icon and noticed at the top of the box this info: "jBridger Tool V1.25 (jBridge V1.7b3)" This seems intentionally confusing about which version is actually operating?

SonnyRay

Keep on Rockin'
Sonny Ray
Veteran
Veteran
If you don't mind my asking and purely out of curiosity, since I don't have Nectar 2 I can't check, but in the folder:

"C:\Program Files\VST" (the 64 bit folder) or WHEREVER you told iZotope installer to install 64 bit Nectar 2:

How many, and what are the names of, each .dll that contain the word "Nectar" are there?

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi,
There's several plugins that come with Nectar2. This is how they're noted:

iznectar2.dll
iznectar2BreathControl.dll
iznectar2PitchEditor.dll

When I bought the plugin I downloaded both the 32 & 64bit versions.

I can used the 32bit versions with BB/RB, but I'm trying to get JBridge to work with the 64bit versions, and it ain't working.

Does anyone at PG think I should reinstall JBridge?

Thanks for your help,
SonnyRay

Keep on Rockin'
Sonny Ray
Expert
Expert
JBridge; if you want to use a 64bit plugin: run jbridger, select the source 64bit plugin dll, and install the newly created 32 bit version through jbridger in folder or location where you want BIAB to find it using BIAB's add VST function. Might be handy to create the new 32bit one with *.32.dll extension. If the converted vst plug works partly , thus only if it's GUI shows but it will not run and gives you error messages, you have some options for specific corrections if you click on settings below the plugin it self. -F

Veteran
Veteran
That is NOT required anymore - BIAB/RB recognizes JBridge natively, for lack of a better description.

Install BIAB, Install the v1.73 JBridge - then simply load your 64 bit plugin like it was a 32 bit upon - no extra steps.

That's how its working for my 64 bit plug ins like ST 3, Kontact 5, etc.

The reason I asked about the actual .dll names is that because that is all you have to pick them in the VSTi plugin pull down in BIAB/RB and not all .dlls are the actual VST/VSTi . And i know from a few "wrong picks" on my part it will crash JBridge - AND one was nectar elements it has two .dlls and only ONE is the correct actual application

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/22/14 03:39 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello Larry and everyone,

Unfortunately I also have problems using jBridge with BIAB 2015 myself.
I bought jBridge with my BIAB 2015 upgrade.

When I launch BIAB 2015 and try to load a 64 bits VST plugin I get a message that 64 bits plugins can only be used with jBridge and that I should order it! So BIAB obviously doesnt notice the presence of jBridge on my PC. After the first message an appcrash message follows for Auxhost.exe.

When I start jBridger and follow the steps for 32 bits host I get en error message 'No valid files found' as soon as I point to a preferred folder for the jBridge adapter files. I have tried numerous times to uninstall/reinstall jBridge with and without virusscanner activated but it doesnt work.

Expert
Expert
I don't have this problem. I ran the installation of BIAB, and a day later -- because "J" took about a day to send my file -- I did install Jbridge without any changes to the install routine.

It works for me. Caveat: so far I only used SampleTank 3.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
[Sonny Ray] >> There's several plugins that come with Nectar2. This is how they're noted:
iznectar2.dll

Hi Sonny Ray,

We tested Band-in-a-Box 2015 with Izotope's Nectar 2, and it's working fine for us with Band-in-a-Box 2015 with jbridge. That's both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version.

Note that the name of the DLL to use for the 64 bit version is iZotope Nectar 2.dll (not iznectar2.dll as you noted above).
The Nectar Plugins come in various plugin types, including
"VST" : iZotope Nectar 2.dll (this works in Band-in-a-Box 2015, including 64 bit and 32 bit )
and "VST 3" : iznectar2.dll (this is a 'VST 3' format plugin, so not supported at all in Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box supports VST plugins, but not "VST 3" plugins. Most companies making VST 3' also make a VST version (as Nectar does). You can read about other software users (like Reaper) discussions about VST 3 here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=118616

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
[valentino] >> When I launch BIAB 2015 and try to load a 64 bits VST plugin I get a message that 64 bits plugins

This is likely the same issue that Sonny Ray reported. You are likely choosing the 'VST 3' version of your plugin instead of the 'VST' version. Band-in-a-Box has never supported 'VST 3' plugin format, and but we do support the more common VST standard plugins.

The message we issue is currently that it isn't a valid VST plugin, which we will elaborate on in future patches of Band-in_A_Box to tell the user if its a 'VST 3' plugin or not.

Please note that this issue isn't related to 64 bit or 32 bit, and if BiaB was a native 64 bit app, it still wouldn't support 'VST 3' plugins.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
[Sonny Ray] >> There's several plugins that come with Nectar2. This is how they're noted:
iznectar2.dll

Hi Sonny Ray,

We tested Band-in-a-Box 2015 with Izotope's Nectar 2, and it's working fine for us with Band-in-a-Box 2015 with jbridge. That's both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version.

Note that the name of the DLL to use for the 64 bit version is iZotope Nectar 2.dll (not iznectar2.dll as you noted above).
The Nectar Plugins come in various plugin types, including
"VST" : iZotope Nectar 2.dll (this works in Band-in-a-Box 2015, including 64 bit and 32 bit )
and "VST 3" : iznectar2.dll (this is a 'VST 3' format plugin, so not supported at all in Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box supports VST plugins, but not "VST 3" plugins. Most companies making VST 3' also make a VST version (as Nectar does). You can read about other software users (like Reaper) discussions about VST 3 here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=118616

Hey Peter,

Any plans to support VST 3 or higher (3.0 came out in 2008 and 3.5 in 2011)? Any way for us to know which one we should load in BIAB? I see you identified the one for Nectar and I assume other Izotope products are similar but what about other VSTs? Any quick way for us to know in advance whether they will work in BIAB?

Thanks.

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 12/22/14 11:38 AM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
With future versions of Band-in-a-Box, there will be an error message with the version number explained. Keep in mind that VST 3 isn't just a version change, it's a different plugin system.

>>> Any plans to support VST 3 or higher (3.0 came out in 2008 and 3.5 in 2011)?

No. Here's an KVR forum poll and article on the issue, and we seem to be with the majority in sticking with VST2. As the dicussion states, most hosts (Ableton etc.) don't support VST 3, and everyone supports VST 2.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5937353

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Wow. This stuff just gets better and better doesn't it?

I've said for years now that in order to understand and use digital audio software we have to become true computer nerds and this is yet another example of it. You have to read the doc's carefully and if you don't understand something you can't make assumptions about it. You then need to Google it, read the links and before you know it another whole afternoon is out the window and you're wondering what was I trying to do again??

This is like Zero in his other thread talking about an 11gig pagefile suddenly showing up on an external drive. If that happened to me I'd be going whatinhellhappened?? too.

I mean seriously who has the time to study all this crap?

But if we're going to make serious music with this software we need to know this stuff or it's just gonna be one frustration after another.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe there is something I don't understand (no surprise there) but over on the SONAR User Forum, there was quite a lot of angst for a couple of years about SONAR not supporting VST3. Now that it can, I don't hear much about it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Yes, Matt, my understanding is that SONAR does now support VST 3.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Matt, if I recall correctly, you have a Motif Rack XS. It's editor can run as an VST3 in Sonar X3. Run the scan and it should be picked up. Sonar will put it into a separate VST section for VST3's in the VST pulldown menu along with your VST2's, also in a separate section of that pulldown.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Veteran
Veteran
My understanding is that Reaper long ago concluded it would not adapt the new VST3 format. Something like, "...we don't need no stinkin new formats"

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,466
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195