Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
One area where live music is thriving is bluegrass festivals. I think it's safe to say there are more festivals now than ever before. They're held all over the the country from spring through the fall.

You have lots of original music mixed in with old favorites and there's a ton of young and old musicians who are at the top of their game musically.

The crowds run the gamut from young hipsters to old hippies, accountants, lawyers, doctors, etc. The audiences are large and enthusiastic.

The festivals range in size from small local affairs to huge festivals like Merlefest where you literally have to be bused in. Merelefest has numerous stages, workshops for various instruments and there are opportunities to meet a lot of performers. It features bluegrass, folk, blues, jazz, country and fusions of all of the above.

Pat Marr went for the first time this past year and said he had a blast.

While it's hard to break into that scene as a performer, they do welcome original music and new acts.

For those of you that have never been to one, you may want to take time to check them out next year when they fire back up, even if bluegrass isn't your thing.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I went to read that article and here is the sentence that popped out to me.

"The bar his trio was set to play still wanted music, and Deputy needed rent money."

Maybe he could get one of those "job" things if he needs rent money and not whoore (spelling incorrect to bypass censor) himself out with an inferior product for money.

Apparently he was one of those "throw together a band" guys if his bass player is backing out the night before a show. That means to me that the bass player found a gig that paid him 10 bucks more so he had so little conscience that he stiffed the other 2 guys. I have lived that monetary dishonesty and betrayal before, and it stinks.

That throw together crap is just awful. A band is supposed to play with the same lineup every time, performing a predetermined set list that has been rehearsed until it is tight, with no long dead air spots between songs while the players figure out a song that everybody knows and what key they plan to play it in. The idea is to make people leave saying "Wow. Those guys can really sing and play." Not "Man I was SOOOOO wasted!!!!"

Once again note, I no longer play, so feel free to write this off as just me talking nonsense. I want to play concerts. In concert venues. With tickets sold in advance. And CDs and t-shirts sold in the lobby by my people. Of course that is never going to happen for me, because as I continue to say, I am not good enough. However, I will never be a musical prostitute like way too many local level players are, playing with 5 different bands because nobody will commit. The over achiever in me sets goals that are far too high to attain, which is why I don't play anymore.

And there is "Why I don't like cover bands and don't go to see them" in a nutshell.

Last edited by eddie1261; 12/23/14 03:02 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Live music is alive and well. It has merely morphed into singles/duos from 5 piece outfits.

I would love to have a 7-piece with some horns, a killer FOH guy and a righteous sound system. Of course, I would also like to have a 42' Grand Banks trawler and a chalet in Tahoe. grin

I think it's simply a matter of demographics. If you're playing 60's/70's covers, adjust your demographic accordingly.

Someone born in 1964 was 16 in 1980 ( to use Bob's example). The problem is; people don't just turn 16 and begin to notice music. I believe that music affects children at a tender age. Most of the early Beatles fans were 12-13 year old girls. 12. That's someone born in 1951.

For 60's/70's covers, I think the prime demo is about 45-70. Sounds like a dull group, no? The fact is that this demographic is mostly retired, affluent, and going through their 2nd Childhood! laugh

I know this is a rather odious way to make a living to some wink , but when the sound is perfect, and you're in the pocket, and people are dancing – it's all worth it.

By the way.................

Announcing the 90 dB / 2015 Dive Bar Tour & Fish Fry
Coming Soon To A Dump Near You!
grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
One area where live music is thriving is bluegrass festivals. I think it's safe to say there are more festivals now than ever before. They're held all over the the country from spring through the fall.

You have lots of original music mixed in with old favorites and there's a ton of young and old musicians who are at the top of their game musically.

The crowds run the gamut from young hipsters to old hippies, accountants, lawyers, doctors, etc. The audiences are large and enthusiastic.

The festivals range in size from small local affairs to huge festivals like Merlefest where you literally have to be bused in. Merelefest has numerous stages, workshops for various instruments and there are opportunities to meet a lot of performers. It features bluegrass, folk, blues, jazz, country and fusions of all of the above.

I agree with everything Bob says and I'll ramp it up a notch: from what I can see, bluegrass is the genre to watch for performing opportunities. It is not only alive and well, it is being actively promoted by preservation societies and other groups such as all the festivals (all over the country) that are dedicated to promoting the music. Preservation societies also provide funding for local gigs.

Talented performers? H#ll yeah! and more importantly is the fact that there are LOTS and LOTS of young bluegrass musicians in the pipeline! and they are GOOD! Their presence is significant because it virtually guarantees at least one more generation of bluegrass. (I think it won't stop there)

Ramping it up another notch, I think that bluegrass is to the current music environment what rock was to the 60s and 70s. He who has ears to hear, let him hear. When was the last time you saw a music festival dedicated to any other genre that approached the size and diversity of Merlefest? And Merlefest is just one of a hundred such festivals!

Quote:
Pat Marr went for the first time this past year and said he had a blast.

That's true. I did... And I'll be going back! I also plan to explore other festivals besides Merlefest... within easy driving distance there's a fiddler's convention in Galax Va., Floydfest in Floyd Va., a bluegrass festival in Raleigh, one in Gettysburg Pa... no matter where you live, I bet there are multiple BG festivals near you.

Quote:
While it's hard to break into that scene as a performer, they do welcome original music and new acts.

I don't think any of us will be playing at Merlefest any more than we would have been invited to play at Woodstock.. but in the same way that Woodstock stirred up interest in local Rock & Roll for decades, these bluegrass festivals are creating local performing opportunities. If I were a good bluegrass musician (and I make no claim to be) I'd have no problem playing around here. There's as much bluegrass going on here as there is anything else. And it's on the rise.

Quote:
For those of you that have never been to one, you may want to take time to check them out next year when they fire back up, even if bluegrass isn't your thing.

Two days ago I was listening to the link at the bottom of BobCFlatpickers tagline (music in the mountains) and learned of another festival near Bob. (If you haven't clicked Bob's link and listened to his music, you should... even if you don't like bluegrass, the awareness is worth an hour of your life.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Live music is alive and well. It has merely morphed into singles/duos from 5 piece outfits.

I would love to have a 7-piece with some horns, a killer FOH guy and a righteous sound system. Of course, I would also like to have a 42' Grand Banks trawler and a chalet in Tahoe. grin

heh... me too..

Quote:
I think it's simply a matter of demographics. If you're playing 60's/70's covers, adjust your demographic accordingly.

Someone born in 1964 was 16 in 1980 ( to use Bob's example). The problem is; people don't just turn 16 and begin to notice music. I believe that music affects children at a tender age. Most of the early Beatles fans were 12-13 year old girls. 12. That's someone born in 1951.

For 60's/70's covers, I think the prime demo is about 45-70. Sounds like a dull group, no? The fact is that this demographic is mostly retired, affluent, and going through their 2nd Childhood! laugh

I agree 100%. And apparently a lot of people do. I recently went on Gig Salad to scope out the market saturation for various genres. When I searched for Jazz, I found a handful. When I searched for Motown I hardly found any. When I searched for Oldies bands, I got so many pages of hits I stopped before I got to the end. I was looking in a 50 mile radius of where I live. And THAT.. is part of the problem. If you own the only restaurant in town you'll make more money than if you own a restaurant on a street lined with 150 other restaurants. The market is saturated with oldies bands.... partly because of supply and demand. Lots of people still like oldies.

Getting back to Bob's observation is the age demographic. You have to seek gigs where your demographic goes. The 45-70 group has largely abandoned clubs, so if you are playing oldies and looking for club gigs, no wonder you aren't getting work.

Retired boomers go to calmer places like restaurants, parks, festivals, the beach, the mountains, rest homes, camp grounds, private parties, churches, social functions, weddings, golf courses etc. If those places don't currently offer live music, you need to put your sales hat on and go talk to them. They need to be made aware of the fact that their main demographic likes live music in the form of oldies. What's good for you is also good for them

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

You mean, you don't???? Maybe you need to turn it up to 100db!!

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
“The market is saturated with oldies bands...."

Which 'market'? Raleigh? Chicago? Miami? LA? NYC? There is reason why there are so many oldies bands in your 50 mile radius. There is a demand for them. I'd be willing to bet that in the Triangle there are hundreds of small venues where some great music is being played.

Here in “God's Waiting Room”, where the average age is 112, you have two choices. Classic Rock or Classic Country (think Bob's Country Bunker:

Elwood Blues:

"What kind of music do you usually have?"

Waitress:

"Oh, we have both kinds. Country and Western!"

. We do both. Heck, we ad-libbed the theme from “Green Acres” last week because some guy dared us.
Now, that's livin' on the edge, man. grin

“Retired boomers go to calmer places like restaurants, parks, festivals, the beach, the mountains, rest homes, camp grounds, private parties, churches, social functions, weddings, golf courses etc.”

Again, Pat – depends on where you are. All of our local bikers are retired boomers. They don't care for calmer places. laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
>>>..Changing records without missing a beat, mixing into the music several special effects... just incredible and creating a new experience. ...>>>

Actually it is stupid easy. There are a few free DJ software programs you can try to see how its done. Took me about 5 minutes to learn.

The key is the beat indicator crawling across the top of the screen. BiaB has one, in the Audio Chord Wizard window. DJ programs have two, one for each virtual turntable. Roll the second turntable, adjust the speed so that the spikes line up, then crossfade the volume.

Nothin' to it...

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
One area where live music is thriving is bluegrass festivals. I think it's safe to say there are more festivals now than ever before.

Not so much here in LA but if you can post some links to tunes with interesting keyboard parts, maybe I can work them up.

As far as searching out where the classic rock boomers are I've thought about that. We're only a few years away from nursing homes being filled with the children of the 60's. I can see it now, I'll have a setlist consisting of the Stones, Led Zep, the Allman Brothers, The Doors, James Brown and I'll be using tracks in the dining room keeping the whole thing under 80db. I'll be taking nice quiet Deep Purple Jon Lord organ solos. Sounds like so much fun...

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Anything can be played in "bluegrass style": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMmhulLqy48 (song starts at just past the 2 minute mark). Lots of jamming on this one.

Bluegrass Breakdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p11__FrJU6g

Last edited by Kemmrich; 12/24/14 08:39 AM.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I remember when every Holiday Inn on up had a band, and there were singles 'meet markets' all over the place with live music.

I traveled the country playing live music clubs, and there were always other bands just around the corner. I got to meed Rick Derringer, Peter Cetera, Terry Kath, Sonny & Cher (then Caesar and Cleo) and many others before they became famous, playing in the bar around the corner.

Most cities with more than 3 traffic lights had competing lounges with 4 to 7 piece bands and they were jam packed.

Those days are gone because people don't jam pack those bars anymore. Live music obviously isn't as important to most people as it used to be.

I hear people in the baby-boomer generation stating that there are no places to go and dance to live music anymore. I ask them how many times would they go, and the answer is usually fewer than once a month.

If live music isn't packing the clubs, live bands aren't going to be hired. The club owner wants to make a return on his/her investment.

The town I grew up in is about 10 times as populous as it was when I was gigging in lounges, and there are fewer than half as many bars with bands as there were then.

The golden age of live music in bars is gone. Will it ever come back? I don't know. Subscription TV, DWI laws, Sports Bars, DJ's, Karaoke, and a generation who grew up listening to DJs, doesn't make me seem hopeful.

I'm glad I grew up when I did.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
J
Joe V Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Wow - I didn't expect to see so much interesting, reminiscing on this topic. Lots of you guys have great memories of a time when there was a bigger demand for live bands.

Reading on this topic as I have through the years, what stands out to me is the fact that schools have cut music programs, so far less children (and parents of those children) have been exposed to the pleasures and joys an instrument can bring. I have a nephew whose parents are not 'music' people - in that they do not seek to listen to lots of music, nor have a joy for more harmonic music, and not surprisingly, their child's values are the same.

I'll bet everyone on here has a completely opposite history - either a musician in the family, or inspired in school where you were introduced to an instrument.

I'm personally in both agreement and disagreement on a few points. While the Internet does offer 'unimagined possiblities'...I feel that technology in general has decreased and in some cases filled the need for live music. Granted - the experience of watching music live vs. on a video screen are ENTIRELY different and the video screen can't replace the human connection and excitement of live people. But it can come too damn close in terms of satisfying the audience - especially the audience that hasn't grown up with exposure to the experiences I listed above. It's a little like the 'buggy whip', IMHO. I do think - as Pat has mentioned, that as a live entertainer, if you can find a way to increase the listener's participation and experience of the live event in a way that is not emulated using video in isolation, and combining various technologies to do something new that hasn't been done before (and certainly there are many tech opportunities for this) - that you can come up with something very new - creating a new live experience for audiences that hasn't been done before.

I think unfortunately the the VOLUME demand for live music has indeed gone down to to it's easy capture, availabilty, ease of sharing/distribution, all on the internet.

I'm lucky because I went a different path in life - believing that music was ALWAYS a dog of a career because of the intense competition. More people play music than baseball, I bet - and look how hard it is to become a professional baseball player. Given the low percentage of musicians who make a steady, middle-income wage, I went the 'conservative' route of 'Electrical Engineering" major. Unfortunately - this didn't exactly work out like I expected either - since when I graduated in '88, all the largest local employers for EE's were the Defense companies, and this was a time a gradual decline for them due to decreased government funding.

I did aspire and hope to be a professional 'wedding band' musicican, but my lack of natural talent, a late start in playing (e.g. started guitar at 14 years old), not finding the 'right' teacher, prevented me from reaching the skill level needed for this while wedding bands were still somewhat common.

So now, my only really hope for spreading my musical joy is through teaching younger students and begginer/intermediate players - for which there is still a demand, especially if you have patience and enthusiasm and love to see another little person or motivated teen and up person come to enjoy what music has to offer.

My 26 cents, and 'music life story'...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I sincerely hope everyone here had a good Christmas. To keep this discussion going here's a quote from Flatfoot above:

Originally Posted By: flatfoot
Actually it is stupid easy. There are a few free DJ software programs you can try to see how its done. Took me about 5 minutes to learn.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg7sptEx0Ms

The actual DJ's start at about 3:50.

Yeah, this looks easy. These things are not static recordings, these guys are controlling the whole thing using loops, beats, prerecorded tracks and synths live. And there's a few people at this show, like oh I don't know 50,000 maybe? Here's another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZO3dMLtpA

This one looks smaller, like 5,000 or so and it's just one guy but it's obvious he's a big star. Again, from a few interview vids I've seen all these different elements of music you hear are all being controlled, created if you will, live using a whole library of prerecorded stuff. The guy is mixing, muting, fading in and out, starting/stopping all kind of things.

I get bored and curious and just find things on YT. I certainly don't like it, I can't relate to it in the slightest bit but something big is going on right under our noses that we know nothing about.

Sorry Flatfoot, you're not learning this in five minutes.

Oh, beatboxing. I found the vid of that Australian kid I mentioned earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZBSZD16cY

Don't give up on this too soon, give it 10 minutes or so. This is much more subdued than that monster DJ show, it's just one guy but he does incredible things with his voice.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Oh, I watched a bit of the first two electronic dance music (EDM) shows -- very, very depressing. There is just something sad about that being concert material and the huge, huge egos of these EDM DJ's.

I can see it in a club for dancing, but for a full concert (or festival??), I just don't get it. Are the DJ's talented and skilled at what they do -- sure, but I still don't get it.

Now beat boxing, on the other hand, is a real "musical" talent. I don't know how that guys gets that multi-sound thing, but it is pretty dang good.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I sincerely hope everyone here had a good Christmas. To keep this discussion going here's a quote from Flatfoot above:

Originally Posted By: flatfoot

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg7sptEx0Ms

The actual DJ's start at about 3:50.

Yeah, this looks easy. These things are not static recordings, these guys are controlling the whole thing using loops, beats, prerecorded tracks and synths live. And there's a few people at this show, like oh I don't know 50,000 maybe? Here's another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZO3dMLtpA

This one looks smaller, like 5,000 or so and it's just one guy but it's obvious he's a big star. Again, from a few interview vids I've seen all these different elements of music you hear are all being controlled, created if you will, live using a whole library of prerecorded stuff. The guy is mixing, muting, fading in and out, starting/stopping all kind of things.

I get bored and curious and just find things on YT. I certainly don't like it, I can't relate to it in the slightest bit but something big is going on right under our noses that we know nothing about.

Sorry Flatfoot, you're not learning this in five minutes.

Oh, beatboxing. I found the vid of that Australian kid I mentioned earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZBSZD16cY

Don't give up on this too soon, give it 10 minutes or so. This is much more subdued than that monster DJ show, it's just one guy but he does incredible things with his voice.

Bob

That's the funniest darned thing I've ready in quite a while. grin

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIm8qNirTOk

Last edited by 90 dB; 12/26/14 05:01 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

No matter how well they play CDs, they have yet to write a song. That puts them in a different category. They are not musicians.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

No matter how well they play CDs, they have yet to write a song. That puts them in a different category. They are not musicians.

I agree.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

By that criteria, wouldn't they not be songwriters? wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny

By that criteria, wouldn't they not be songwriters? wink

Nope. Just CD players.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have been reading this thread with interest.
Music has changed so much in our lifetime. When I first bought BIAB I would NEVER have considered using loops and now they are included in 2015.

This is how music has changed in our lifetimes.
I found this article where Beyonce is compared to Freddie Mercury and this picture, from the article, says it all

The Beatles, then Queen, gave me inspiration to write songs and then came the song that was an influence for me to start recording and all to be done MY WAY laugh

John Miles: Music is my first love. 1976

We all should be grateful that we grew up with real music ranging from Big Bands, Jazz, Swing, Rock and Roll, Country,Blues etc. From Count Basie, Sinatra, Beatles, Stones, Queen,Led Zep etc and now we have "One Direction" and "Justin Bieber". mad mad

My Dad complained in the late '70's that all pubs with Jazz Bands had closed and now they had bands playing modern rubbish (my music LOL) Now I say the same.
My son was a Night Club Manager and had quest DJ's every weekend mixing tracks, using their computers, because that is what the punters wanted. They got £1000 a gig WHAT!!!! for mixing stuff, very clever but they are not musicians they are now technicians.

Us musician oldies are becoming extinct. cry
Just my thoughts

Alyn

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,605
Posts735,018
Members38,514
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon, Xtian, michael07716
38,513 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 187