Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#276251 12/23/14 12:17 PM
RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I have saved a song in BB and wanted to try the render of a part file in Real Band. The song is an MGU file. I have RB at its default, tried switching from ASIO to MME, also tried switching all available midi drivers. My soundcard is ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

When I try to select part of the wave file I immediately get 'Access violation at address 0074CFBD in module 'RealBand.exe'. Write of address 000005C7 at 0074CFBD'.

The odd thing is that my mouse cursor seems to trigger the violation message whether I am in the tracks window, bars window or chords window. I try to select part of the audio file. Then the violation message just keeps on and on, even though I keep pressing Esc. I then have to exit via task manager.

I tried live support but they are all busy. Anyone have a similar problem?

Last edited by malevans; 12/23/14 12:18 PM.

Mal
RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I have updated RB to build 2 2015

Mal
RealBand
R
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
R
Mal I looked up your sound card it stopped support at windows vista. It may work with win 7 for most programs, it might also have driver issue.

My last interface was a Tascam US-800 it was supported up through Vista and I never could get it stable on win7 pro. It may be something else but since I upgraded to an interface with stable win 7 drives everything works smoothly.

The question is why is RB shakes, and not BiaB? I have alway found BiaB to be happy on just about any system. RB requires seemingly more resources.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Don't think it's the sound card Robh. I switched to on-board sound and same issue.

It's a shame Asus doesn't support more with drivers. Last time I support them, even though the sound card quality is superb.

Think i'll stick with Cubase 8 Pro for DAW .... RB has too many glitches. I have never seen it running smoothly, at least not for me.

I may send an email, post holidays, to support .... see if they have any answers.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Mal
RealBand
R
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
R
I hope you get it sorted out. I have enjoyed Arab. I will say that while it is pretty stable for me it is not nearly as stable as my studio one program, nor does it have the tools. What it does it does very well.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
I am also having a problem with access violations.
I recently updated to 2015 from 2014. Now if I load a previously created RealBand seq file that has tracks that came from BIAB, I get an access violation window
whenever I try to select a section of audio on a track for editing. The window has the following information;

Access Violation at address 007442BE in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000342 at: 007442BE.

I have tried loading several different seq files that all used to work fine. If I start with a new Realband file with no information from BIAB then I can hilight the track section like it is supposed to.

I have tried deleting the RB.cfg and the Realband.ini files to restore to factory but no luck.

My system is an i7 processor with, 9 MB of RAM, Lots of space on the hard drive. I use an M Audio Fast Track Pro as
my input source. I have tried over and over with the same result. I have loaded a file I just created, originally in BIAB, and also files I created several years ago. Same result each time. Everything worked fine prior to updating to 2015. Any ideas?

Thanks
Darren

RealBand
R
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
R
i wish i could help, but that deep of an issue is a good reason to call support and get some help from the source. those guys have saved my ample backside a few times.

RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I'm glad to see I am not alone Darren. It seems to be a different error code though. The problem is constant access violations and no further progress can be made.

Mal
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Can you post contents of your Realband/RBErrorLog.txt file?
And the Realband/Data/FlashMessageLog.txt file?

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi rharv ..... Can't find any RBErrorLog.txt file but this is the FlashMessageLog.txt file.

'- No Recent soloist found for riffs...launching the RT picker dialog [23/12/2014 22:22:39]
- BBW2 init time in ms: 4768 [23/12/2014 22:17:56]
- Initializing accompaniment functions... please wait... [23/12/2014 22:17:51]
**** New Session started at : 23/12/2014 22:17:51'

Not sure if it is relevant but any way of stopping these access violations would certainly help.

Many thanks.

Mal
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry, the other file is RBError.log, but it is a text file.
Please post.

Your entry below doesn't look familiar:
- BBW2 init time in ms: 4768 [23/12/2014 22:17:56]

Never seen that one before, wonder if it has something to do with the issue ...

Last edited by rharv; 12/27/14 07:01 AM.

RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi again rharv,

This is the error in the log .... I only posted this one, of about two hundred of the same error.

(2015 (2)) 23/12/2014,22:04:53 - Access violation at address 0074CFBD in module 'RealBand.exe'. Write of address 00000567 at: 0074CFBD

The previous differing error was

(2015 (2)) 12/12/2014,19:38:27 - Access violation at address 004B6283 in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000007 at: 004B6283

Hope this helps.

Last edited by malevans; 12/27/14 09:49 AM.

Mal
RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
If I posted all errors there would be an extremely long thread. :-)

Mal
RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Darren, I have a similar problem with Real Band 2014.6 and 2014.7 If I create a song within realband I can save it and modify it with no problems. If I create a song in Biab and then open it in Realband, it opens fine but if I try to save it as a song.SEQ file it gives me 'Access Denied Violation'. I found if I rename the file like 'song1.seq' it saves ok. Anytime I reopen the file and try to save it, I have to rename the file. Really is a pain in the you know what. Renaming the file might be a crude work around for you until the problem is figured out.
Del

Edit: This post should have said 'Access Violation' instead of 'Access Denied' my mistake.

Last edited by Del; 12/27/14 03:54 PM.

Del
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Del,
Is the renaming workaround taking place during the save function (using Save As)?
If so,
Where do you have the program installed (which folder?)
This sounds like a permissions issue and I suspect your default folder. Could it be that RB is installed in the Programs folder instead of its own root folder?

'Access Denied' is much different than 'Access Violation'.
Very basically speaking (due to my limited knowledge):
The first message above is the system saying 'You don't have permission to read/write here' (most probably the 'write' permissions .. since you are saving when it happens).
The second is saying 'something went wrong when the system tried to access data'.

/Maybe your question should have its own thread

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Malevans,

I'm guessing a few minutes with support and you'll get this fixed. I know the time difference is a challenge, but Chat or Remote assistance will likely be the quickest fix once initiated.

The repeated same memory address of the error and the fact it is in the Realband.exe module tells me support can likely replicate the issue (they may need one of your song files to verify) but it may be worth the effort.
Please keep us posted.

Those address locations in your error message mean very little to most of us on the forum, but to the programmers they may mean a lot.

RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
My mistake, the I meant to say 'Access Violation' not 'Denied' sorry about that. Realband is installed in the default folder 'C://RealBand' I've tried running Realband as administrator and it doesn't change the symptoms.
And yes, the workaround is to rename the file during 'Save As'

Last edited by Del; 12/27/14 03:50 PM.

Del
RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Rharv,
I contacted tech support about the 'Access Violation' I would see when trying to re-save a .seq file. The only thing that I could do was to save the file with a different name like song1revA.seq then the next time I saved it would be song1revB.seq This worked but was a real pain. After trying the 'run as Administrator' for Realband and Band in a Box and setting the Windows 'User Account control' to 'Never Notify' the problem with file save in Realband remained the same. Tech support told me that the issue seemed to be a Windows file permissions problem and not a Realband problem. So I asked if a re-install of Realband and Band in the Box would be worth a try and they said yes.
I un-installed both programs and deleted the entire folders for Realband and Band in a Box after moving 82GB worth of songs I had made to a different location. Started the un-install at 15:00 yesterday afternoon and finished up at 22:00 last night. After more testing this morning it looks like the save problem is gone and everything is working as it should.
Just wanted to post an update in case anyone else sees this problem with their PC.

Del
RealBand
R
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
R
i ha te to say guys but 2015 is very shakey compared to 2014 which was pretty solid for me. nothing works as well!!!

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Del,

glad its all working for you now but out of curiosity, I am checking on something else, did you change the path to your

Options - > 2. Audio -> Audio Temp Directory (defaults to C:\Users\"whoever"\AppData\Local\Temp\) ?

And/or did you happen to notice if during all that uninstall/reinstall was that area cleaned out (no scrape work laying around?

Finally, I assume that area (wherever it is on your PC) also has full ADMIN Read/Write privileges?

Thanks
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 01/03/15 09:15 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,606
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 194