Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Agree with the Eagles and "Running on Empty" comments. Really hear that vibe to it.

Love the production quality Floyd. Helps us to strive for that kind of good recording.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Floyd,
Just noticed you got a facebook link on the PG page!
Well earned!
G
F

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
YOU make it look so easy. Come on....eight guitar tracks
that seamlessly fit in the arrangement and the mix?
I wanna be able to do that when I grow up. You're upping
the RT numbers exponentiallyand making it work. While I'm
paring them down to a, for me, manageable level...that'd be about
15% of your norm smile

And then we get to the lyric, the melody and the vocals.
Eaglesque as mentioned but with the signature fj stamp all over it.
IMHO, "signature" is a helluva achievement for a musician
operating at ANY tier. You have it Mr. jane -- two bars and you know
it's a fj tune....and I know at least 4 playlists this one is gonna soon
be on (;

Kudos!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd, Rockin snare sound! Love the eagles type oohs and harmonies. The first guitar turnaround fits like an old shoe. Great idea on the outro with guitar/slide interplay. The usual stellar pro mix/master. Once again you hit the mark. You are the one who makes it look easy! Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BruceI
I couldn't remember if this one was from "On the Border" or "One of These Nights," but then it hit me that it's not the Eagles at all!

Wow, Floyd, what an awesome track!

I couldn't help but think Eagles after just a few seconds. But it actually sounds like a great original tune that happens to have a few Eagles-like characteristics (which I happen to love).

Hard to believe all those guitars are playing so well together and are all BIAB! Solid and driving. Great mix (maybe a tad more bass). But the vocals really seal the deal. Very smooth and tight.

Good start to the year! Third listen now...Thanks, Bruce

Bruce - thanks for all of that... I would imagine we (meaning us forumites) were/are all Eagles fans... I did go back and up the bass - thanks...

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Floyd - This is up to your usual high standard. Just as I have come to expect every time I press play on one of your new songs. Just love your mixes and your vocals are just wonderful. You keep us all going on this forum. You make it look so easy!

Thanks, Joanne... this is such a terrific community..

Originally Posted By: FredM
Floyd,
Here goes...
One could hear a fairly straightforward song structure, lyrics, melody lines. Like the last one, just a simple song, a decievingly simple song that keeps playing it's tune long after the headphones have gone off.
Floyd, I bet you had a lot of fun putting all these guitars in place, in line, in the right sequence. Vocals and mix nicely balanced. (and needless to say well sung) A challenge to showcase the possibilities of BIAB, putting layer on layer on layer... and making it sound all natural. That's the main goal of this forum I suppose, and you did a great job, again smile
Don't like to be in the shoes of the storyteller tough frown
G
Fred

Thanks, Fred. I appreciate that. The best thing about this forum is seeing how everyone uses the software and how they put things together. Ideas flying around all over the place....

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
On a forum of such skilled listeners, it's hard not to repeat things when you don't there early. I also hear a lot of Eagles (And I love the Eagles). I think it really hits with that solo at the first chorus (I'm guessing that's the shining pop soloist), and the BGs really reinforce it. The production is excellent, and all the guitars work beautifully together. If I was going to play with anything, I might make the BGs a little louder and/or boosted in the highs, and/or possibly a little wetter. They sound great but I feel they could be brought out a bit more somehow. As for the songwriting....Masterful! Another excellent tune, expertly delivered!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. The early guitar parts are all
1513:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBrent Ev 065
- using it in Half-Time since it is 65 bpm in a 120 bpm song.
I think that is the reason it seem to fit so nicely.
The shining pop soloist is the "dirtier" one that comes later and in the outro...
The BGVs are a combination of me and the BIABettes (generated harmonies). You can't let the generated harmonies get too loud or you start to hear those robot-chipmunk singers. If you add too much reverb to them, they fall back too far, so you have to raise the level again, and again start to hear the artifacts - so it's all a fine line you walk when mixing it all.... this was the best balance I could get from the combination of 2 of me and 4 of them...

Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
Superb lyrics, outstanding vocal performance and the mix is superb as usual. thanks for sharing!

Thanks for dropping by, Robert!

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
So many cool things about this.... Loved Brent's solo where he switched from solo to dual notes and back... something I enjoy doing as well...

The mixing of clean and dirty tracks was well done.

It's not easy to have 8 guitar tracks and end up with a clean well balanced mix as you did with this. the tendency of most folks would be to try to use the guitars more.... I like that you used restraint. The right thing at the right time. The interesting thing is that there were obviously so many different ways you could have mixed this and none of them would have been wrong, better or worse... just different.

The slide at the end was perfectly placed.

Overall writing was good as was the vox.

Great way to start the new year off the right way.

Edit: there was one thing that stood out to me. In the pause between the first verse into the chorus, everything's as smooth as it needs to be.... when it comes around again on the second verse...pause...chorus.... the first chorus chord is rushed slightly.

Oh yeah... that slide has a definite David Lindley vibe to it..... Jackson Brown... Running on Empty album..... If you haven't heard that album.... do yourself a huge favor....get it.

Edit 2: did I mention I like this song alot?

Thanks, Herb. Any time you use that slide RT, it's gonna sound like Lindley... seemed even more so playing against the Shining Pop lead..

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !:))

I simply love everything
about this song, it is so
well written, sung, played,
put together and produced !
Especially I like the vocal
harmony parts, they are just
great !:))One of your best if not
the best ? :))

Just great Floyd !!!:))

Cheers
Dani the Spaniard in spe

LOL - muchas gracias, Spanish Dani....

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Hey Floyd,

This is just great - sounds like it could be on the radio. My favorite of your songs so far...

Bob

Thanks, Bob...appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd,

I'm a fan!
No time for commenting. Must get back to listen.

Guenter

thanks, Guenter...

Originally Posted By: receder
Hi Floyd,

That is some achievement and probably my favourite song so far in my short time on these forums!

I echo all the other positive comments. I am also amazed at how you make it sound like it was played by a band rather than a bunch of RTs strung together. Great skills. Thanks for sharing.

Rec

Rec - Appreciate you droppin' by for a listen... Thanks for the very nice comments. None of this would be possible without BIAB - it still amazes me that it can produce seamless studio quality tracks to allow us to do what we do...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
+1 Always a sucker for those Eaglesque oooo's. Great listen FJ.

Josie

Thanks, Josie...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I like this one a lot, but I think it needs more guitars.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Terrific harmonies! Sounds great

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd

Great material there. Really like the country rock feel, and the choice of instruments.

Great vocals and especially fantastic lyrics.

Definitely a bit of America and Eagles happening here.

Thanks for sharing!

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Agree with the Eagles and "Running on Empty" comments. Really hear that vibe to it.

Love the production quality Floyd. Helps us to strive for that kind of good recording.

Thanks, Steve...appreciate you dropping by for a listen...

Originally Posted By: FredM
Hi Floyd,
Just noticed you got a facebook link on the PG page!
Well earned!
G
F

Always nice when that happens... You landed there yourself...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
YOU make it look so easy. Come on....eight guitar tracks
that seamlessly fit in the arrangement and the mix?
I wanna be able to do that when I grow up. You're upping
the RT numbers exponentiallyand making it work. While I'm
paring them down to a, for me, manageable level...that'd be about
15% of your norm smile

And then we get to the lyric, the melody and the vocals.
Eaglesque as mentioned but with the signature fj stamp all over it.
IMHO, "signature" is a helluva achievement for a musician
operating at ANY tier. You have it Mr. jane -- two bars and you know
it's a fj tune....and I know at least 4 playlists this one is gonna soon
be on (; Kudos!! J&B

Thanks, guys!...y'all are always so nice... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, Rockin snare sound! Love the eagles type oohs and harmonies. The first guitar turnaround fits like an old shoe. Great idea on the outro with guitar/slide interplay. The usual stellar pro mix/master. Once again you hit the mark. You are the one who makes it look easy! Tom

Thanks, Tom...appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
I like this one a lot, but I think it needs more guitars.

Regards, Bob

smile smile smile smile

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Terrific harmonies! Sounds great

Thanks Lawrence

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Floyd

Great material there. Really like the country rock feel, and the choice of instruments.

Great vocals and especially fantastic lyrics.

Definitely a bit of America and Eagles happening here.

Thanks for sharing!

Trev

Thanks, Trevor. Always appreciate you dropping by... (would love to hear another one from you!!)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

Another great song.
Like others mentioned before.... an Eagles'sound!
Vocals (including backing vocals) sound very good!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Here I go for the 10th time in a row "This is your best to date"!

Man you are setting the bar so high that I'm a little intimidated to post anything!

As I have said many times "You should be signed"! Have you given any thought about trying out for TV show "The Voice"? I'm sure Blake Shelton would pick you in a heartbeat.

This is a keeper.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Floyd,

Another great song.
Like others mentioned before.... an Eagles'sound!
Vocals (including backing vocals) sound very good!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, guys!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Here I go for the 10th time in a row "This is your best to date"!

Man you are setting the bar so high that I'm a little intimidated to post anything!

As I have said many times "You should be signed"! Have you given any thought about trying out for TV show "The Voice"? I'm sure Blake Shelton would pick you in a heartbeat.

This is a keeper.

Mario - you're just too nice... made me smile... smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd. These Productions just seem to flow out of you.
You certainly do make it look easy.
Which is not easy.
Another great listen. Cheers.

Last edited by RichMac; 01/14/15 09:44 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome tune Floyd. Excellent lyrics. All well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Floyd. These Productions just seem to flow out of you.
You certainly do make it look easy.
Which is not easy.
Another great listen. Cheers.

Thanks, Richard - it's time to hear another from you, isn't it?

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Awesome tune Floyd. Excellent lyrics. All well done

Appreciate the listen, Scott...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, how could it be that you aren't all over the radio yet? I'll tell ya who makes it look easy.. YOU DO! You pop these radio ready hits out like toast!

And I guess its because you understand the "rules" so you can recreate different manifestations of them over and over... the interesting thing is that your songs don't sound like cookie cutter knockoffs... they may all have every element a good country song needs... but you make them all sound unique and interesting.

One of the things I liked about this one is the fact that "you make it look easy" is usually a compliment... but in the song's context, if it is a compliment at all, it's a back handed one. Interesting spin that engaged my cognitive dissonance and got me interested.

This might be my last commentary on your songs Floyd... you're in a class by yourself here. Most of the song writers seek objective analysis in order to hear their song through new ears... for most people that's a necessary part of getting a grip on the craft.

But there is no observation I can make about your songs that you don't already know. I actually feel foolish trying to say something that adds a perspective you haven't already considered. I'll continue to check in so you know I listened and enjoyed your songs... but you are confident enough that you don't need encouragement, smart enough that you don't need analysis and busy enough that you don't need to spend time reading my long dissertations anyway. wink

But even in the absence of new kudos, rest assured that I am (and will continue to be) blown away by each project you post here.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Late on the scene here, so I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said, except a ton of admiration for your command of the multiple layers of inspiration, lyric-writing, music-writing, arranging, vocals, real guitar playing (sometimes), mixing and mastering. And you are able to create such a live studio sound with your choices and technical mastery of instrument mixes, shots, holds, etc. Lot's to learn from you bro'.

I am using BIAB on a MacBook and GarageBand for mixing, so I am not sure what you mean when you say you added BIABetts to the vocal mix. I do recall in RealBand on the Windows platform there was a feature to modulate your own voice into harmony parts, but RealBand isn't available on the Mac.

Anyway ... great song, great production, and like just about everybody here, I am a bit fan of the Eagles, and intentionally or unintentionally, you nailed that early Eagle's groove with multiple guitar tracks (Hotel California has 12 I believe) and those great vocal harmonies. Thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,590
Posts734,781
Members38,502
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
cucahack, mandella, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365
38,501 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189