Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I apologize again to all those I have offended.
Rob.

hey Rob, nobody's offended! No need to apologize! You are a well-liked member of the forum, and I hope you know that! I apologize if we have made you feel uncomfortable! That was never my intent, and I sincerely hope it wasn't anybody else's intent either.

This is certainly not an action against you or anybody else. Rather it is a reaction to the realization that there is no rule about how often people can post, and based on forum input, there apparently needs to be. Hopefully we can get an official guideline on the topic.

If anybody should apologize, it should be me, because my effort to gently influence the matter has turned somewhat heavy-handed, and that was never my intent. Please accept my apology.

We're all friends here, and I really think that the best way to keep us all friends is to get this nailed down so everybody knows what's expected and nobody ever gets blind-sided again by a group expectation that isn't spelled out anywhere.

Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
I have watched this subject going around on the forum lately. While it's true there have been a few heavy posters, I just want to say that inspiration is a wonderful thing and usually hard to come by. I would like to encourage our new friends to continue with their passionate pursuits. Maybe posting on other forums too, switching it up, or shelving a few for dryer times would work. You guys are all doing cool stuff, and I don't want to be any part of discouraging your excitement and creativity. Take care. Greg

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Pat and Trevor,

We definitely agree that posting multiple songs at once is not a good idea. One song every week should be the max.
We also think that this should become a forum rule.
Nobody's work deserves to be out of view (dropped from the first page) to soon. Besides, listeners will soon loose interest in posters who place too much songs in too little time.
Something else to consider: although this program is truly great, and it's pretty easy to create lots of songs in a very short time, you should post only your best recordings on the forum. If you create several songs in one week, choose the one you think is best and place that one on this forum. Place the other two on other forums or websites.

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Couldn't have said it better R & AM.

Josie

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here's an idea:

Why not just do away with the guidelines, and appoint a Screening Committee to audition proposed submissions to determine if they meet the Criteria established by the Committee?

1. Does the Submitter have a song currently on Page 1?
2. Is there anything “actionable” in the submission?
3. Is this one of the Submitter's “best recordings”
4. Has the Submitter made sufficient obsequious comments on other poster's songs?

That might work. When are the elections? grin

Here's another idea:

Why not leave changes to the Showcase guidelines to PG Music and people who actually post music there? laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Here's an idea:

Why not just do away with the guidelines, and appoint a Screening Committee to audition proposed submissions to determine if they meet the Criteria established by the Committee?

4. Has the Submitter made sufficient obsequious comments on other poster's songs?

Bob,
you raise some legitimate questions here in a funny way... and I think that's good. But the core thing we're dealing with here is a difference of opinion that has potential to split the forum into factions. Based on comments I've read, most of us want to settle the differences amicably and end up with an official guideline... and NOT split the group into factions.

The problem with your input here is that it is specifically intended to declare a new faction that's at odds with the position echoed by just about everybody who has weighed in so far. Why are you doing that?

Quote:
Here's another idea:

Why not leave changes to the Showcase guidelines to PG Music and people who actually post music there? laugh

well, apparently you mean me. Two responses to that question:

1) if you actually read the whole thread, the first umpteen posts were made by people who actually post music.

2) If anybody who posts raised the issue it would have come across as self-serving. I'm a neutral party since I don't post, and therefore it makes sense for the impartial observer to present the will of the posters to PGMusic to see if they agree. I don't care one way or the other.. why would I?

But people who post on the user showcase communicate with me, and I have been aware for a long time that this is an issue that could potentially blow up on us if it doesn't get addressed. So we're trying to address it and maintain harmony in the group.

Now, regarding your legitimate objections:
I actually agree in principle that fewer rules are almost always the way to go. It's worth mentioning that both groups... the veteran posters AND the new posters... have both expressed a desire for an official guideline on this.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
The "please don't post too many songs at once" is a guiding principle at EVERY songwriting web site that I know about. It is good to learn that lesson here instead of at some places that might be less friendly. PGFantanstic and I just finished FAWM (14 songs and 28 days) and we could have easily approached world domination by posting all of our songs here! Hmmm, world domination sounds like a fun hobby.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Here's an idea:

Bob,
you raise some legitimate questions here in a funny way... and I think that's good. But the core thing we're dealing with here is a difference of opinion that has potential to split the forum into factions. Based on comments I've read, most of us want to settle the differences amicably and end up with an official guideline... and NOT split the group into factions.

The problem with your input here is that it is specifically intended to declare a new faction that's at odds with the position echoed by just about everybody who has weighed in so far. Why are you doing that?

Quote:
Here's another idea:

well, apparently you mean me. Two responses to that question:

1) if you actually read the whole thread, the first umpteen posts were made by people who actually post music.

2) If anybody who posts raised the issue it would have come across as self-serving. I'm a neutral party since I don't post, and therefore it makes sense for the impartial observer to present the will of the posters to PGMusic to see if they agree. I don't care one way or the other.. why would I?

But people who post on the user showcase communicate with me, and I have been aware for a long time that this is an issue that could potentially blow up on us if it doesn't get addressed. So we're trying to address it and maintain harmony in the group.

Now, regarding your legitimate objections:
I actually agree in principle that fewer rules are almost always the way to go. It's worth mentioning that both groups... the veteran posters AND the new posters... have both expressed a desire for an official guideline on this.

“The problem with your input here is that it is specifically intended to declare a new faction that's at odds with the position echoed by just about everybody who has weighed in so far. Why are you doing that?”

Man. Where do you come up with this stuff? grin

“... specifically intended to declare a new faction...”

I don't even know what that means. grin I would never knowingly be a part of any 'faction'.

Allow me to elucidate.

My 'input' here was specifically intended to observe that something that could have been discreetly handled in PM's has caused embarrassment to some new members by admonishing them in an open forum – unnecessarily.

I would ask you your own question to me:

“Why are you doing that?”

“if you actually read the whole thread, the first umpteen posts were made by people who actually post music.”

Actually, the first post is a quote from you, admonishing a new member for improper etiquette.

“Now, regarding your legitimate objections:”

This statement exemplifies the hubris that I also “....specifically intended to declare...”.

So you are the arbiter of what is 'legitimate'? Did I miss an election for Hall Monitor somewhere? laugh

In future, I'll run my objections by you for your approval prior to posting. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! Too many big words! smile
Pat no need to apologize.

One small problem I can see arising.
If for example you have a song posted on page one, it is possible
for some to comment on one or two of your songs say from page 3 and five.
This technically places three of your songs on page one.

If some one didn't pick up on the posting dates they could make an issue.
Just a thought.

The old saying if it aint broke don't try to fix it.
May be a work around called be a warning from PG in your mail box
to mention you are over posting.
Or an automatic freeze on posting music for say seventy two hours or what ever time period works.
Don't know how many lines of new code and man hours this would take.
Just another thought.

Rob.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sure is a good thing this new policy was instituted. It's working well. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sure is a good thing this new policy was instituted. It's working well. grin

I would have to agree with you there. grin

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,604
Posts735,001
Members38,512
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
BroDon, Xtian, michael07716, Ronsei, McYann
38,511 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186