You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#85607 - 09/16/10 05:47 PM [User Showcase] Welcome To My Heart - Country Song
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi All,

I wrote this song last night and just had to get it down.
It is what it is - Welcome To My Heart

If anyone is interested I will let you know which style I chose etc.

Best regards
Michee

#85608 - 09/16/10 07:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Michee,

That's an amazing speed in writing, arranging and mixing a song! You must have broken the sound barrier.

The feel of this song is terrific. What style was it? You've got a really good thing happening here. Sometimes the doubled (quadrupled?) vocals lacked clarity to my ears, I'm not quite sure why, and this made it hard for me to understand some of the lyrics. I think if you come back to this production after a day or two's rest, you'll hear what I mean. Of course, it could always be my ears too!! Other than that, though, I'm incredibly impressed. I could never accomplish a final product, start to finish, in an evening

Regards,
Noel

#85609 - 09/16/10 09:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Noel96]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Well, a little more twang in the voice, and this could be a Hank Williams song.

Very cool!

PC: Win10Pro-64
Laptop: Win7Pro-64
Both: 8GB RAM + Dual 7200RPM Drives + FastTrack Pro
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale
Noteworthy Composer/Kontakt Ultimate/Casio Kbds
Halion/Garritan/IK Multimedia
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#85610 - 09/17/10 01:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Michee,

A very authentic traditional (boom-chuck) country song. Reminds me of many country hits from the 50's & early 60's. I thought the mix was cool too (especially considering the rush job).

The bridge is very catchy. I like it. Nice Job! I do think some harmony in the bridge would be effective, all I'm hearing now is a chorus effect on the lead vocal.

All the best,

Greg

#85611 - 09/17/10 02:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Noel96]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Noel,

I used the following style:
Style is _CSWNGMD.STY (Country Swing Medium-Fast(140RS))
RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~~1139:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~~971:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingGrittyA-B Sw 085
RealDrums in Style: NashvilleSwing8^3-Hihat,Ride
I added a Pedal Steel for the solo (wish there was more choice for solo Real track Guitars)

It was just one of those moments of inspiration that happen (no clue of where it came from except a higher influence)
I will come back to the song and refine all instruments including my voice as it is just a quick mix together.

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.
I really appreciate that.

Best regards
Michee

#85612 - 09/17/10 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: jford]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi John,

Thank you for the Hank Williams comment, I'm suitably embarrassed now

Ta for taking a listed and commenting.

Best regards
Michee

#85613 - 09/17/10 02:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Achordocaster]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your nice comments.

Yes I will go back when I have more time and redo the vocals and try out your suggestion of harmony.
As I said in my post, I just had to get it down.

Best regards
Michee

#85614 - 09/18/10 09:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Bob Buford Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Hi George...very nice work and very "Hank" sounding song. You didn't mention which steel you used although it sounds like the Opry real track. I'd like to know more about how you generated the steel solo.

Great job; keep 'em coming!

Bob

#85615 - 09/18/10 12:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Bob Buford]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Bob,

I used the following Pedal steel - RT612:Pedal Steel, Background Opry Sw 130
I just generated it in Realband and used the very 1st generation.
Left the volume as is and only gave it a boost in the solo section (wish there was more guitar country solo's to fit this kind of song )
Thanks for your nice comments.

I will be revisiting this song at a later time to change the vocals and maybe the lyrics in parts.

Best regards
Michee

#85616 - 09/18/10 02:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
edbulmer Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto
Nice country tune. Great melody. I think the voice could use less reverb. Experiment. Coming along nice though.

http://www.edbulmer.com/

guitar player, vocalist, sailor

#85617 - 09/18/10 09:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: edbulmer]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This what I would call a Quick and Dirty. That is something that goes down very quickly. These are usually the best songs. Just grab the moment and run with it. You did that extremely well here!

I agree with the Hank statement!

I also agree that the vocals lack clarity. The next time just sing it sans any effects. Then go back and a small amount of reverb. Your voice is a strong one so you don’t need a lot of effects IMHO.

GREAT SONG!

64 bit Win 10 - the latest BiaB and RB - I always get the updates - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#85618 - 09/19/10 12:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: edbulmer]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Ed,

Thanks for taking a listen and commenting.
Yes, I will rework the vocals when I have the time and use less reverb.
I may also add harmonies.

Best regards
Michee

#85619 - 09/19/10 12:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: MarioD]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Mario,
Quote:

This what I would call a Quick and Dirty

Yes that was what it was. Just needed to get it down in case I forgot the melody
Thanks for taking a listen and commenting.

Best regards
Michee

#85620 - 09/20/10 06:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi all,

I have updated my song (you can hear it in the original thread)
I changed the Key from Bb to G and redid the vocals.

Best regards
Michee

#85621 - 09/20/10 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Bob Buford Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
WOW! Michee...what a difference. You nailed it! Great job. Keep 'em coming

Bob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealTracks Patch Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows users! There's a new patch update available for your RealTracks!

Learn more about this patch & download it here.

Summary of update:
Improved: Riff selection for RealTrack Guitar, Electric, Soloist TrainBeatBrent12-key Ev16 090.
Added or Fixed: Shots and Holds for many RealTracks including the following RealTracks:
-2573: Horn Section, Rhythm MelodicOldWorldWaltz2Part Ev 180
-2722: Bass, Electric, PeruFestejo68 Sw 120
-2725: Bass, Electric, PeruValsCriollo Ev 140
-2765: Bass, Electric, PuertoRicoAguinaldo Ev16 120
-2768: Bass, Electric, AndesHuaynoA-B Ev16 085
-2769: Bass, Electric, AndesHuaynoTriad Ev16 085
-2702: Bass, Synth, CloudRapSub Ev16 075
-2770: Bass, Electric, AndesHuaynoOffbeat Ev16 085
-2773: Harp, Rhythm Celtic16ths Ev16 075
-2774: Harp, Rhythm CelticWaltzSlow Ev 085
-2775: Harp, Rhythm CelticWaltz Ev 110
-2776: Harp, Rhythm CelticJig Sw 110
-2820: Harp, Rhythm ClassicalSlow8ths Ev 085
-2823: Guitarron, MariachiWaltz Ev 150
-2824: Pedal Steel, Soloist CountryEddy12-key Ev 085
Fixed: RealTracks audition solo demo for RT#2682.
Fixed: Typo in bio's of artists Jim McGillveray and Juan Jimenez.
Fixed: Notation was missing for one of the tracks in Artist Performance set 2 (GypsyJazzLatin Ev165)

Band-in-a-Box® y RealBand 2017 en Español!

Hemos estado ocupados y hemos añadido más de 80 nuevas funciones y una impresionante colección de nuevos contenidos, incluyendo 202 RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumental, 12-Tonos RealTracks, Notación de guitarra Hi-Q, Re-Discubierto RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks. Nuevo sintetizador (sforzando), y más de 120 nuevos RealStyles!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=es

The Download Manager in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Downloading your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows order is easy when you use the Download Manager, added with Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows.

The Download Manager automatically downloads and installs all of the Band-in-a-Box® content (mainly RealTracks files) in the background. Access this feature within Band-in-a-Box® by selecting the Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now menu command. If you've entered the activation code for your purchase, this feature will know what items still need to be downloaded and installed!

Even if you think you've installed everything for your purchase, it's a great idea to run this feature to confirm this - because the Download Manger can also confirm that your installation is complete!

Learn more about the PG Music Download Manager at www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_downloadmanager.htm.

#TBT - The Metronome Pro!

In honor of "Throwback Thursday" (#TBT), let's take a look at the Metronome Pro! This program was released in 2006, and is a great way to keep the correct tempo when you're practicing!

The Metronome Pro can be used as a basic "old school" metronome and includes advanced features to take your tempo practice to a new level. In its basic mode, Metronome Pro will keep perfect time as you practice along while the advanced features provide additional practice tools such as increase tempo, trade 4's, even a song length calculator. All possible time signatures are supported, including composite time. If you need a drummer, Metronome Pro can easily be turned into a drum machine to play the drum track from any standard MIDI file.

Learn more about this program (available for just $19) here: www.pgmusic.com/metronomepro.htm - it's an excellent tool for musicians of any level!

New Videos! RealPAK Volume 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows!

Now available - detail video demonistrations of the RealTracks & RealDrums included in the Country, Rock-Pop, and Jazz RealPAKs Volume 13 (released with Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows).

RealPAK: Country Volume 13
RealPAK: Rock-Pop Volume 13
RealPAK: Jazz Volume 13

Learn more about all the RealPAKs when you visit www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.htm

YouTube Find - Stefan Leipziger - Three - Six - Five (with Band-in-a-Box®!)

Wow - searching "Band-in-a-Box" on YouTube brings up a huge number of videos! Like this one... it sounds GREAT! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=sWFp1ZnTxT0.

Good thing we have our I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube forum to share these videos! If you've found a YouTube video that uses Band-in-a-Box you can share it too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 in Italiano!

Abbiamo lavorato sodo e abbiamo aggiunto nuove funzioni e una sorprendente collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Studi Strumentali, RealTracks a 12-Tonalità, Notazione di Chitarra Hi-Q, Stili Riscoperti RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks, un nuovo sintetizzatore (sforzando), e oltre 120 nuovi RealStyles!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=win&lang=it

Forum Stats
25641 Members
49 Forums
44275 Topics
358167 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
adolf, ghijkl562354, DALICE, ILEANA ILLY, darrellray

25640 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 202