You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#85607 - 09/16/10 05:47 PM Welcome To My Heart - Country Song
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi All,

I wrote this song last night and just had to get it down.
It is what it is - Welcome To My Heart

If anyone is interested I will let you know which style I chose etc.

Best regards
Michee

http://www.youtube.com/user/HavenMusicStudio

#85608 - 09/16/10 07:39 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Michee,

That's an amazing speed in writing, arranging and mixing a song! You must have broken the sound barrier.

The feel of this song is terrific. What style was it? You've got a really good thing happening here. Sometimes the doubled (quadrupled?) vocals lacked clarity to my ears, I'm not quite sure why, and this made it hard for me to understand some of the lyrics. I think if you come back to this production after a day or two's rest, you'll hear what I mean. Of course, it could always be my ears too!! Other than that, though, I'm incredibly impressed. I could never accomplish a final product, start to finish, in an evening

Regards,
Noel

#85609 - 09/16/10 09:14 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Noel96]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Well, a little more twang in the voice, and this could be a Hank Williams song.

Very cool!

PC: HP, I5, Win10Pro (64-bit) 8GB, Dual 1TB 7200RPM
S/W: BB/RB, Sonar, Reaper, Notion, Finale, etc
Sounds: FastTrack Pro, NI Kontakt Ultimate, Casio Kbds, Halion Pro, Garritan, etc

#85610 - 09/17/10 01:38 AM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Michee,

A very authentic traditional (boom-chuck) country song. Reminds me of many country hits from the 50's & early 60's. I thought the mix was cool too (especially considering the rush job).

The bridge is very catchy. I like it. Nice Job! I do think some harmony in the bridge would be effective, all I'm hearing now is a chorus effect on the lead vocal.

All the best,

Greg

#85611 - 09/17/10 02:43 AM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Noel96]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Noel,

I used the following style:
Style is _CSWNGMD.STY (Country Swing Medium-Fast(140RS))
RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~~1139:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~~971:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingGrittyA-B Sw 085
RealDrums in Style: NashvilleSwing8^3-Hihat,Ride
I added a Pedal Steel for the solo (wish there was more choice for solo Real track Guitars)

It was just one of those moments of inspiration that happen (no clue of where it came from except a higher influence)
I will come back to the song and refine all instruments including my voice as it is just a quick mix together.

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.
I really appreciate that.

Best regards
Michee

#85612 - 09/17/10 02:47 AM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: jford]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi John,

Thank you for the Hank Williams comment, I'm suitably embarrassed now

Ta for taking a listed and commenting.

Best regards
Michee

#85613 - 09/17/10 02:50 AM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Achordocaster]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your nice comments.

Yes I will go back when I have more time and redo the vocals and try out your suggestion of harmony.
As I said in my post, I just had to get it down.

Best regards
Michee

#85614 - 09/18/10 09:21 AM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Hawgly Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
Hi George...very nice work and very "Hank" sounding song. You didn't mention which steel you used although it sounds like the Opry real track. I'd like to know more about how you generated the steel solo.

Great job; keep 'em coming!

Bob

#85615 - 09/18/10 12:24 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: Hawgly]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Bob,

I used the following Pedal steel - RT612:Pedal Steel, Background Opry Sw 130
I just generated it in Realband and used the very 1st generation.
Left the volume as is and only gave it a boost in the solo section (wish there was more guitar country solo's to fit this kind of song )
Thanks for your nice comments.

I will be revisiting this song at a later time to change the vocals and maybe the lyrics in parts.

Best regards
Michee

#85616 - 09/18/10 02:53 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
edbulmer Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto
Nice country tune. Great melody. I think the voice could use less reverb. Experiment. Coming along nice though.

http://www.edbulmer.com/

guitar player, vocalist, sailor

#85617 - 09/18/10 09:40 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: edbulmer]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This what I would call a Quick and Dirty. That is something that goes down very quickly. These are usually the best songs. Just grab the moment and run with it. You did that extremely well here!

I agree with the Hank statement!

I also agree that the vocals lack clarity. The next time just sing it sans any effects. Then go back and a small amount of reverb. Your voice is a strong one so you don’t need a lot of effects IMHO.

GREAT SONG!

64 bit Win 10 - the latest BiaB and RB - I always get the updates - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#85618 - 09/19/10 12:37 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: edbulmer]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Ed,

Thanks for taking a listen and commenting.
Yes, I will rework the vocals when I have the time and use less reverb.
I may also add harmonies.

Best regards
Michee

#85619 - 09/19/10 12:40 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: MarioD]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi Mario,
Quote:

This what I would call a Quick and Dirty

Yes that was what it was. Just needed to get it down in case I forgot the melody
Thanks for taking a listen and commenting.

Best regards
Michee

#85620 - 09/20/10 06:38 AM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Hi all,

I have updated my song (you can hear it in the original thread)
I changed the Key from Bb to G and redid the vocals.

Best regards
Michee

#85621 - 09/20/10 02:47 PM Re: Welcome To My Heart - Country Song [Re: George Nelson]
Hawgly Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
WOW! Michee...what a difference. You nailed it! Great job. Keep 'em coming

Bob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
The Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends August 31st!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs special ends on August 31st!

Until then, you can purchase all 164 new RealStyles for only $29! Or, purchase all the Xtra Styles and the 49-PAK for the limited-time low price of $49 - this purchase option is only available during our special!

Demos and purchase options are available here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Have you already received your new Xtra Styles? Check out the Xtra Styles Song Contest we're running right now! You could win $150 PG "Bucks"!

JAWS Script for Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows!

If you are a Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows user and require the use of JAWS Screen Reader, we have news! The recently released Band-in-a-Box 2016 patch update includes the latest JAWs script!

Among the many Fixes and Additions with this patch update, the following will be applied to your Band-in-a-Box 2016 when installed:
"Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.

You can download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows update patch at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#436

If you don't have the latest JAWS scripts for Band-in-a-Box, you can download them here.

New Forum - Help! Tech S.O.S. (Off topic)

Have you ever had a tech question regarding computer related or music equipment issues, and didn't know where to post on our forum? Well, now you do! We've created a new forum called Help! Tech S.O.S. where you can post your problems and request assistance.

This will be a great forum to post to when you need assistance that doesn't have to do with our products. A few examples of posts that would be shared here include:
- my guitar sound has a buzz when I plugin to my guitar
- which type of guitar strings are best for a telecaster?
- my iPhone won't charge -why?
- what's a good set of home speakers for a living room.
- should I buy an android or iPhone?
- what's a good entry level saxophone to buy?
- is a 4K TV worth it?

Tell Us Your Favorite Features in Band-in-a-Box & RealBand

Are there features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand that you absolutely love? Let your voice be heard - post about these to our new forum My Favorite Things!

This new forum is also a great place to review the features that other program users love - you never know... you may learn something new about the program, and have your "favorite list" grow too!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest for Band-in-a-Box

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK for Band-in-a-Box 2016, make sure you enter the Xtra Styles Contest that we are running until September 30th! We have one prize for each category: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter. The winners will receive $150 US "PG Bucks" for a future Band-in-a-Box purchase!

Entering the contest is easy! Learn more about the contest, including how to submit your song, here!

We will announce the winners in October!

Xtra Styles PAKs Special Pricing - There's Still Time!

Attention all Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition customers!!!

If you haven't purchased your All Xtra Styles PAK yet, there's still time to enjoy our special pricing of just $29! This price is available until August 31st - more information is available at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

What will you get?
164 NEW RealStyles, created using the RealTracks & RealDrums from the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

What genres are available?
Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer Songwriter.

What is the special pricing?
$29 for all of 'em! (regular price: $49)
PLUS... we're offering a special bundle price during August: the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle for $49! (this is a $98 value!!!)

Why are we bundling these Xtra Styles with a 49-PAK during our special?
There are a handful of RealStyles within the new Xtra Styles which require the 49-PAK in order to work. If you purchased any UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition during our December/January special, it would not have included the 49-PAK.

If you don't have the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition you can purchase your copy here - any of these purchases will include the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK during the month of August!

There Are More Than 100 RealTracks Artists!

When you purchase all of our RealTracks and RealDrums, you're adding over 100 studio musicians to your band!

For a list of all of the RealTracks Artists, visit www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?os=win. From this page, you can read a short bio for each artist, and listen to demos of their RealTracks!

(To receive all of our RealTracks & RealDrums, purchase any UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile package)

Forum Stats
25076 Members
44 Forums
40911 Topics
327371 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
JBK, Bassically, pater ursus, DVHayes, DanielCH

25076 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 186
VideoTrack 162