Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
K
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
K
1.) So, I'm getting pretty frustrated here. I just finished a project using Sonar X3, and Audition CS6, and my Alesis was running fine with both of those. Now, I can't even get BIAB to recognize my Alesis as a MIDI, or ASIO device. It shows up in BOTH (MIDI & AUDIO) of the driver choice windows, but when I actually choose it, and move it to the top, it gives me an error saying it's installed properly, but is apparently in use by another program, but I have no other programs open.

Kallum in Tech Support said something about I needed to install my PC's default audio driver, which is NOT ASIO, because I ONLY had my Alesis ASIO driver installed. I thought, and still think that doesn't make ANY sense. Why would I have to install an Audio driver for something that doesn't even HAVE an ASIO driver? Furthermore, my other DAWs work just fine with ONLY my Alesis installed. Also, neither BIAB or RealBand allow to set the sample rate at 24/48.

2.)Is there any way to "convert" my Sonar INS file for my Alesis Fusion 8HD to a patch that I can use in BIAB?

3.) When I originally installed BIAB2013 it let me customize my folders so I could choose to put all of the ancillary data on my big data drive, as opposed to my smaller SSD drive. However, when I opened up RealBand to try and troubleshoot this driver problem it prompted me to re-assign those directories. When I tried to accept the BB directory somewhere other than C:\, it wouldn't let me. I was able to reassign the other directories as I wished.

I was considering uninstalling and re-installing either my Alesis driver, BIAB, or both, but I KNOW NOTHING is wrong with it. And even after Kallum suggested I install the PC's default driver, it's still not working right.

Can anyone here more familiar with BIAB's idiosyncrasies help me out here?

KC

i7-12650H CPU, 32Gig RAM/Win 11 Pro. PreSonus 1824C, Native Instr S88 Mk1, ATOM SQ, PreSonus Sphere, Sonar Platinum, SampleTank4, BIAB 2023.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi KC,

Getting audio working properly can sometimes be frustrating with a number of programs.

So that we can see what you've got set up, can you please post a screen grab of the driver setup found under "Opt | Preferences | Midi Driver". So you know what I mean, below is an image of my setup (ignore the red numerals).

If you are not sure how to post an image, simply click on the "Switch to full reply screen" button (beneath the Quick Reply window). This will take you to the full editor for replying to my post.

Beneath the text input window (in full screen reply mode), you'll see a text label called "File Manager (Total Files: 0)". Click on that and navigate to the image that you wish to upload.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
K
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
K
Thanks Noel,

Here's the attached jpeg. All I really want to do is be able to use the same instruments/samples that I use in Sonar X3 (i.e. SampleTank, and my Alesis ext. keyboard) As you can see in my post, I inquired as to how I could "convert" my Sonar INS file to something BIAB can read. Further, I think the fact that BIAB won't let me use my ASIO driver is the same reason why BIAB doesn't see my SampleTank install. Finally, I want to use the "Force to MIDI channel X.", but I can't understand what BIAB is wanting to see. (If that makes sense.)

Thanks,
KC

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB Driver Install.jpg (459.35 KB, 43 downloads)

i7-12650H CPU, 32Gig RAM/Win 11 Pro. PreSonus 1824C, Native Instr S88 Mk1, ATOM SQ, PreSonus Sphere, Sonar Platinum, SampleTank4, BIAB 2023.
Veteran
Veteran
Conversion from .ins (CW) to .pat (BIAB)

http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_bbwpatchmap.htm#convert

Since I have a Fusion 8HD - if your .ins patch map is not up to date I suggest you run the free utility "fusionrp" (Google it if you don't have it).

The problem (actually it is a very BIG PLUS - wish all broads did it this way) with patch maps for the Alesis Fusion is that, other then the few ROM banks, the very large majority of banks and patches on the Fusion or on the internal HD (max 120GB) and can be in any order you want, with any name you want, with as many patches as you want (well beyond the standard 128, or even 256, patches per bank)

For non-Fusion owners the Alesis Fusion, out of production, allows for essentially an infinite number of Banks (at last count I think I have over 150 banks).

as to your other issues I need to go back and re-read to dig out details

Larry

EDIT: NOTE added:

Once you CONVERT from (CW) .ins to (BIAB) .pat - if you edit the resultant .pat file ALL the Fusion banks and programs (patches) will be in that resultant .pat file correctly.

HOWEVER, and this is an OLD item (I DO WISH PG would address this one), once you open "Select Higher Bank Patch" within BIAB it will ONLY DISPLAY the first 1,985 patches!

That's why all the older .pat files I submitted to PG support, for Alesis QSR/QS8, Roland SC-880/8850, XP30, etc. - were broken up into into multiple .pat files.

You can do same thing - just break up your .pat into multiple .pat's -

The .pat files use to be limited to ~1000 (circa 2000) and at some point it was increased 1985.

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 04/16/15 09:22 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Veteran
Veteran
KC

Thank you for the graphic. That helps a great deal.

I notice that you have the "Use VST/DXi" option active. As far as I'm aware, this overrides any other output setting.

To start with, I'd try...

1. Deactivate the checkmarks I've labelled #1.

2. OK and return to BIAB.

3. Close and re-open BIAB so that the change is guaranteed to take effect.

4. See if the system works.

If not, I'd now try this...

5. Click on the button I've labelled #2

6. Change the driver to MME

7. Exit back to BIAB.

8. Close and re-open BIAB so that the change is guaranteed to take effect.

9. See if BIAB plays.

BIAB often works better with MME drivers instead of ASIO. Let us know what happens.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195