Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
K
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
K
1.) So, I'm getting pretty frustrated here. I just finished a project using Sonar X3, and Audition CS6, and my Alesis was running fine with both of those. Now, I can't even get BIAB to recognize my Alesis as a MIDI, or ASIO device. It shows up in BOTH (MIDI & AUDIO) of the driver choice windows, but when I actually choose it, and move it to the top, it gives me an error saying it's installed properly, but is apparently in use by another program, but I have no other programs open.

Kallum in Tech Support said something about I needed to install my PC's default audio driver, which is NOT ASIO, because I ONLY had my Alesis ASIO driver installed. I thought, and still think that doesn't make ANY sense. Why would I have to install an Audio driver for something that doesn't even HAVE an ASIO driver? Furthermore, my other DAWs work just fine with ONLY my Alesis installed. Also, neither BIAB or RealBand allow to set the sample rate at 24/48.

2.)Is there any way to "convert" my Sonar INS file for my Alesis Fusion 8HD to a patch that I can use in BIAB?

3.) When I originally installed BIAB2013 it let me customize my folders so I could choose to put all of the ancillary data on my big data drive, as opposed to my smaller SSD drive. However, when I opened up RealBand to try and troubleshoot this driver problem it prompted me to re-assign those directories. When I tried to accept the BB directory somewhere other than C:\, it wouldn't let me. I was able to reassign the other directories as I wished.

I was considering uninstalling and re-installing either my Alesis driver, BIAB, or both, but I KNOW NOTHING is wrong with it. And even after Kallum suggested I install the PC's default driver, it's still not working right.

Can anyone here more familiar with BIAB's idiosyncrasies help me out here?

KC

i7-12650H CPU, 32Gig RAM/Win 11 Pro. PreSonus 1824C, Native Instr S88 Mk1, ATOM SQ, PreSonus Sphere, Sonar Platinum, SampleTank4, BIAB 2023.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi KC,

Getting audio working properly can sometimes be frustrating with a number of programs.

So that we can see what you've got set up, can you please post a screen grab of the driver setup found under "Opt | Preferences | Midi Driver". So you know what I mean, below is an image of my setup (ignore the red numerals).

If you are not sure how to post an image, simply click on the "Switch to full reply screen" button (beneath the Quick Reply window). This will take you to the full editor for replying to my post.

Beneath the text input window (in full screen reply mode), you'll see a text label called "File Manager (Total Files: 0)". Click on that and navigate to the image that you wish to upload.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
K
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
K
Thanks Noel,

Here's the attached jpeg. All I really want to do is be able to use the same instruments/samples that I use in Sonar X3 (i.e. SampleTank, and my Alesis ext. keyboard) As you can see in my post, I inquired as to how I could "convert" my Sonar INS file to something BIAB can read. Further, I think the fact that BIAB won't let me use my ASIO driver is the same reason why BIAB doesn't see my SampleTank install. Finally, I want to use the "Force to MIDI channel X.", but I can't understand what BIAB is wanting to see. (If that makes sense.)

Thanks,
KC

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB Driver Install.jpg (459.35 KB, 43 downloads)

i7-12650H CPU, 32Gig RAM/Win 11 Pro. PreSonus 1824C, Native Instr S88 Mk1, ATOM SQ, PreSonus Sphere, Sonar Platinum, SampleTank4, BIAB 2023.
Veteran
Veteran
Conversion from .ins (CW) to .pat (BIAB)

http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_bbwpatchmap.htm#convert

Since I have a Fusion 8HD - if your .ins patch map is not up to date I suggest you run the free utility "fusionrp" (Google it if you don't have it).

The problem (actually it is a very BIG PLUS - wish all broads did it this way) with patch maps for the Alesis Fusion is that, other then the few ROM banks, the very large majority of banks and patches on the Fusion or on the internal HD (max 120GB) and can be in any order you want, with any name you want, with as many patches as you want (well beyond the standard 128, or even 256, patches per bank)

For non-Fusion owners the Alesis Fusion, out of production, allows for essentially an infinite number of Banks (at last count I think I have over 150 banks).

as to your other issues I need to go back and re-read to dig out details

Larry

EDIT: NOTE added:

Once you CONVERT from (CW) .ins to (BIAB) .pat - if you edit the resultant .pat file ALL the Fusion banks and programs (patches) will be in that resultant .pat file correctly.

HOWEVER, and this is an OLD item (I DO WISH PG would address this one), once you open "Select Higher Bank Patch" within BIAB it will ONLY DISPLAY the first 1,985 patches!

That's why all the older .pat files I submitted to PG support, for Alesis QSR/QS8, Roland SC-880/8850, XP30, etc. - were broken up into into multiple .pat files.

You can do same thing - just break up your .pat into multiple .pat's -

The .pat files use to be limited to ~1000 (circa 2000) and at some point it was increased 1985.

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 04/16/15 09:22 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Veteran
Veteran
KC

Thank you for the graphic. That helps a great deal.

I notice that you have the "Use VST/DXi" option active. As far as I'm aware, this overrides any other output setting.

To start with, I'd try...

1. Deactivate the checkmarks I've labelled #1.

2. OK and return to BIAB.

3. Close and re-open BIAB so that the change is guaranteed to take effect.

4. See if the system works.

If not, I'd now try this...

5. Click on the button I've labelled #2

6. Change the driver to MME

7. Exit back to BIAB.

8. Close and re-open BIAB so that the change is guaranteed to take effect.

9. See if BIAB plays.

BIAB often works better with MME drivers instead of ASIO. Let us know what happens.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,632
Posts735,245
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 180