Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
You didn't lose anything by changing forums Floyd. :-)
Up to your usual standard in every way.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
As usual, a solid production in every respect. I also noticed that you'd placed Janice a bit differently than usual, but it wasn't bad - it was only a bit jarring because it wasn't what I was expecting.

After the chorus, I had a hankering for a bridge where you and Janice might have some back and forth... I guess that shows how much you tapped into that classic "duet" genre for me.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Fabulous song Floyd and Janice!

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd,

Originally Posted By: robsmusic
Another great song in your string of consistently great songs!
-rob

Absolutely correct, marvelous song, that Janice lady has a good voice to compliment yours

Another hit from the fJB stable
Keep 'em coming

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another Floyd classic write and Janice's harmony is great.

Each instrument coming through clear and concise a lesson in music production.

I really enjoyed the listen.

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
" until you, i never knew
i had a heart to break "

Great line. Well done, I-75!

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Really love the lyrics on this - great write. I'm especially in line love with your hook ...."cause until you I never knew I had a heart to break"

Wish I'd thought of that one too. Josie

Thanks, Josie. When someone says that it always reminds me of the song by Doug Stone - "Why Didn't I Think Of That" (Bob McDill and Paul Harrison) - which was exactly one of those titles that we all said that about!!! Now, THAT was a great one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN9JXytpteY

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Your music is so much a Forrest Gump box of chocolates, We never know what we're getting until until we start the song.

Ever changing and unique and not really ever 'in the style of' or this 'sounds like' anyone else.

It is always so much fun to see one of your new posts on the User Forum.

This is another top notch presentation. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

That's a nice thing to say, Charlie... thank you..

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd,

Well crafted song. To me the song has a Ronnie Dunn feel to it. Janice, wonderful harmony behind floyd. You match him note for note and close harmony like that's difficult.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks to each and everyone who mentioned my harmony. It was a small contribution to a great song. It is very easy to sing with floyd because of the feeling that he puts into his vocals. I'm always drawn in by a vocal that has soul no matter what type of music it is. This was fun and I really do appreciate the comments.

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd and Janice,

just beautiful! Guenter

Thanks, Guenter - we appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Wonderful write with a great hook!

Stark and passionate vocals, great mix!

I enjoy your mix of acoustic guitar and acoustic piano here.

Thanks, Lawrence...

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Floyd a d Janice,
Just came back from the south, and opening with a Floyd and Janice's special.
Nothing to add to these wonderful comments.
Enjoyed it thoroughly!
Fred

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Top notch everything!! Great vocal team, beautiful relatively sparse arrangement which builds nicely (strings are perfect), excellent mix. There are some elements of great songwriting which stand out so clearly here:
1) Melody is simple and sweet. There is a nice motif which makes the melody catchy enough to sing after one listen, and pretty enough to want to.
2) A lyrical angle which is quite unique, and positive. There aren't a lot of songs (any?) which constructively address the upside of a failed relationship. And, the singer takes the moral high ground. I believe the audience likes to sing along with songs where they relate to the message of the singer. And, the message, though unique, is not hard to relate to or contrived. I love some great bitterness as much as the next guy (Dylan's LIKE A ROLLING STONE) but this message is refreshing and sweet.
3) The song oozes craft without being over-crafted. The lyrics are simple, straightforward, and understandable on the first listen. The emotion is great. I hear this as a song that could play during the credits of a film with the same theme. Watch out Dianne Warren!!

Great work Floyd. An instant classic!! Take care. Greg

Greg - what a very nice review! It is always nice to have various aspects of the writing noted - you covered a bunch of things! thank you so much for all of that...

Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd,

What a magnificent presentation all around!

I've never before heard a song that takes a broken relationship and uses it as a lens to look at what was valuable. That's very clever lyric writing.

The melody and harmony are fantastic, too. In particular, I really like the way that a number of melody notes that create suspensions resolve upwards rather than downwards. For example, right at the start you sing "all" and resolve it musically up to "my"; then "won-" behaves similarly with "-der". This pattern continues and becomes one of the melody's signatures. Now that's classy.

Janice's harmonies are terrific and blend perfectly. Your and her voice sound so very good together.

I enjoyed this a great deal.

All the best,
Noel

Noel - It is so very nice to have you around on a regular basis - I know your life has been hectic... You and Greg have combined to make me blush a bit...nice to have the "positive from a negative" aspect of the song noted. And to have you both make note of the melody is quite nice... gave me a good smile... I love having Janice do these songs with me - it lifts them to a new level. Thanks for the listen..

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Floyd. Strong melody and a passionate vocal in another fine song.
Lovely bit of violin in there too.

Am a little confused by the rhyme scheme in verse one.
AAABAB. Verse two AABCBC.

Wonderful sympathetic harmonies from Janice.
Very enjoyable . Cheers.

Thanks, Richard. I consider the rhymes to be AABB in both verses - the other parts of that are incidental.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
You didn't lose anything by changing forums Floyd. :-)
Up to your usual standard in every way.

Vic

Thanks, Vic. Not a change - this is my home forum... been here a while... it is as good as they come...

Originally Posted By: dcuny
As usual, a solid production in every respect. I also noticed that you'd placed Janice a bit differently than usual, but it wasn't bad - it was only a bit jarring because it wasn't what I was expecting.

After the chorus, I had a hankering for a bridge where you and Janice might have some back and forth... I guess that shows how much you tapped into that classic "duet" genre for me.

David - always appreciate you stopping by... and always enjoy your comments - you often have a different perspective than most others and I like that... The "back and forth" of course wouldn't happen here because it was not intended to be a duet but a "just shy of duet harmony". I've always been a fan of that. As I mentioned earlier, onr of my favorites is "Faithless Love"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMUw67bNQ8Q
J.D. Souther's harmony starts @ 1:40 and is close to Linda's level...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Fabulous song Floyd and Janice!

Peter - It is always a pleasure to have you drop by. You, your team, and your incredible software have changed my life - in a truly incredible way.... a dream come true. Allowing me to bring songs to life as I could only imagine previously. Thank You!

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I don't normally comment as I feel under qualified to do so, especially not these days since I dropped out of brass playing. However I have now listened to quite a few of your songs and liked them all Floyd. I can only echo what everyone else has said about the lyrics and putting the positive note to a negative situation. I look forward to more of your work.

Nev.

Last edited by Cornet Nev; 04/24/15 08:57 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd,

Originally Posted By: robsmusic
Another great song in your string of consistently great songs!
-rob

Absolutely correct, marvelous song, that Janice lady has a good voice to compliment yours

Another hit from the fJB stable
Keep 'em coming

Alyn

Thank you, Alyn... we do appreciate it...

Originally Posted By: musiclover
Another Floyd classic write and Janice's harmony is great.

Each instrument coming through clear and concise a lesson in music production.

I really enjoyed the listen.

musiclover

Thanks, musiclover... we appreciate you dropping by for a listen...

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
" until you, i never knew
i had a heart to break "

Great line. Well done, I-75!

Regards,

Bob

Robert - always pleased to catch your attention with whatever that takes... smile

Originally Posted By: JimFogle
floyd,

Well crafted song. To me the song has a Ronnie Dunn feel to it. Janice, wonderful harmony behind floyd. You match him note for note and close harmony like that's difficult.

Jim - I really appreciate that! Ronnie Dunn is a favorite... Janice is really good at hitting things just right... thanks for noticing - I'm sure she appreciates that...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Thanks to each and everyone who mentioned my harmony. It was a small contribution to a great song. It is very easy to sing with floyd because of the feeling that he puts into his vocals. I'm always drawn in by a vocal that has soul no matter what type of music it is. This was fun and I really do appreciate the comments.

Janice

Janice - thank you for being a part of this - a big part in my book! You're the greatest!

FredM #293115 04/27/15 10:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: FredM
Hi Floyd a d Janice,
Just came back from the south, and opening with a Floyd and Janice's special.
Nothing to add to these wonderful comments.
Enjoyed it thoroughly!
Fred

Thanks, Fred. Good to see ya back!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice one Floyd.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Cornet Nev
I don't normally comment as I feel under qualified to do so, especially not these days since I dropped out of brass playing. However I have now listened to quite a few of your songs and liked them all Floyd. I can only echo what everyone else has said about the lyrics and putting the positive note to a negative situation. I look forward to more of your work.

Nev.

Nev - Thanks, so much, for dropping by for a listen and a comment. I really do appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: aleck rand
Nice one Floyd.

Dean

Dean - it is great to see you back! I have an idea for something we might do...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199