Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
I downloaded SampleTank 3.5 and also the Free Sounds. The application works when I run it stand-alone to listen to the sounds.

In RB 2015 (7) I clicked on 'Specific VSTi/DXi Synth for Midi Track' then 'Add VSTi plug-in'. I could not find any of the SampleTank instruments I had just installed because RB was looking for .dll files and all the files are st3i files and RB apparently doesn't use them. I know I'm looking in the right place.

Does anyone know how to make this work? I did a search of the RB help on SampleTank and also on st31 but nothing was there.

I need some nice midi instruments. I couldn't get Kontakt to work either but I didn't document it.

thanks...

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Larry, where you been? ST3 is 64 bit and needs a 64 bit host, which BIAB and RB ain't.

"...So you can use your 64-bit VST plugins and VSTi instruments with Band-in-a-Box, using jBridge. Since Band-in-a-Box has built-in support for jBridge, you just use your plugins as you normally would, by selecting 32-bit or 64-bit plugins within Band-in-a-Box"

10 bucks.

http://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
what Jazzmandan said

need to buy Jbridge and install ($10) - MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE 1.72 version (yes it's beta but it's what you need)

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/betaupdates/

Good Luck
Another Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
S
Expert
Expert
S
Can you just run the standalone or load the 64bit dll into VSTHost64 and use LoopMidi ?

or just spend the 10 bucks.

RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hi Larry - thanks. Any tips on where to install it? I kept all my BIAB and RB on the USB drive they came on. Not sure which directory to install jbridge into.

RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
I think I'm all set. I had missed Dan's message. I watched the video and I went to http://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm and bought jbridge. The email says I'll have it within 24 hours.

Not sure if this will work in RB because the video only talks about BIAB. I guess I'll see.

RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Hi larrymagee,

It works for RealBand.

RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Not working, yet, in either BIAB or RB. I can open the synth panel in both but the keyboard doesn't play anything. The track won't play either.

The stand-alone SampleTank works fine. ??????

any thoughts?

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Is your ASIO driver set to always active?

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hi John, Yes but I don't have an AISO driver. should I buy one? I'm running on MME now.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
not at computer right now but no you do not buy ASIO drivers they come with your audio hardware or you can download asio4all for free. Google it

Also fotgot -there are videos here at PG about using JBridge and i think ASIO

ood luck
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 04/25/15 12:48 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Thanks Larry K - I'm making progress. I downloaded the asio4all. Now samples play in the synth panel config DST window (just like in stand-alone mode) but still nothing plays in RB. I also got the 32-bit DST Komtakt synth to play, but only in the DST Window, not in RB.

In both cases the green volume indicator on the track moves but the master volume indicators show nothing.

This is a head scratcher ??

A new problem is now I can't have BIAB and RB open at the same time. They don't share the asio4all.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
ASIO is a one-at-a-time audio driver. So if you need to have both BIAB and RealBand open at the same time, then you should set one of them to MME and the other to ASIO. You'll probably need to open the MME app first. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

I know Steinberg has a multi-ASIO driver you can download, but depending upon your computer and sound card(s), the results have been mixed. Worth a try, though.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
"but still nothing plays in RB"

Sounds like an output routing/configuration issue, especially since the Tracks show activity in RB but you don't hear it.

Prefs-Audio-Drivers or MIDI Device routing most likely.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hi rharv - you're right. I checked and it's a midi driver problem. I have 2 drivers that show up in midi preferences - midi mapper and gs wave table sync. Evidently, neither will work with AISO. But I need AISO in order to make SampleTank work.

I guess I need to find & install another midi driver. I'd appreciate any advice on where to get one.

RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
I agree with "rharv", you seem to have a routing problem. I have just tested RealBand with Sampltank 3.5 as a VSTi in a midi file. In RealBand, I deliberately set Coyote WS as the default VSTi Midi Synth. The Midi Driver was set to MME. I changed the Ports for a number of tracks to 17 and assigned one instance of SampleTank 3, as the VSTi Synth, to the above ports. Then I assigned ST instruments to match the Channel numbers of the various RB tracks using Port 17.

This worked as designed. It is unnecessary to use ASIO drivers unless you have a need for reduced latency.

I hope this helps

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I mentioned ASIO because the OP talked about using his keyboard, which would incur latency with any softsynth.

John

RealBand
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hi Lyn - thanks so much for taking the time to test this. I followed your exact instructions and they didn't help.

Switched back to MME, Coyote assigned as default midi device, Chose a track with midi data and assigned it to port 17, configured this port to SampleTank, selected the instrument -

The instrument would not play inside the synth window (because I'm back to MME). It wouldn't play the midi track in RB either.

BTW Coyote works as do some other older synths that I downloaded a while back (MDA piano, etc.)

Are you with PGMusic support? If not, it's probably time for me to call them.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I may be wrong, but I think that if you want to play live on your keyboard using SampleTank as your synth, you'll need to (at least temporarily) make it your default synth.

When I was playing with it (using 64-bit Kontakt rather than SampleTank), the only way I could get Kontakt to respond to my keyboard input was to make Kontakt the default synth. Otherwise, it just played using the TTS-1 synth (which was previously the default).

You might want to give that a try. And I use ASIO when doing that; otherwise, you'll hear the sounds a short delay after pressing the note on the keyboard.

When I'm just inputting something to record, though, I'll just use the GM synth with an appropriate instrument set to do the recording. Then I'll change the track to use a different softsynth.

John

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: larrymagee
I downloaded SampleTank 3.5 and also the Free Sounds. The application works when I run it stand-alone to listen to the sounds.

In RB 2015 (7) I clicked on 'Specific VSTi/DXi Synth for Midi Track' then 'Add VSTi plug-in'. I could not find any of the SampleTank instruments I had just installed because RB was looking for .dll files and all the files are st3i files and RB apparently doesn't use them. I know I'm looking in the right place.

Does anyone know how to make this work? I did a search of the RB help on SampleTank and also on st31 but nothing was there.

I need some nice midi instruments. I couldn't get Kontakt to work either but I didn't document it.

thanks...

DUH! Should have seen this earlier:

Let's back up - to what YOU actually said - before any of this other stuff occurred

What RB initially told you is correct: RB IS looking for the .dll (VSTi) for Sampletank 3 - the VSTi application for Sampletank 3 (OR ANY VST/VSTi) is GOING TO BE A FILE NAME ENDING IN .dll

Specifically, RB needs to find, and YOU will need to point RB to the file called "SampleTank 3.dll"

It will PROBABLY be somewhere in/under your C:\Program Files\?? (one of it's sub-directories)
Probably in C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia or C:\Program Files\VST or .. (just search for that file named" SampleTank 3.dll")

I can't tell you where exactly because I do not use default installs and move stuff around AFTER it's installed.

The *.st31" files you mentioned are the SampleTank 3 INSTRUMENTS themselves and they will be used by the SampleTank 3.dll (VSTi ).

YOU can't load the .st31 directly into a RB track, period (immaterial which audio driver you use (MME, ASIO, or other) or what PORT it's on.

now try it
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 04/27/15 10:37 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199