You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#91509 - 11/16/10 12:41 PM Generate any style MIDI track
boydbob Offline
Enthusiast

I work out the chords and basic style in BIAB and then I import into RB and try out various Real Tracks & Drums.
Then I import the wave and MIDI files into my DAW (Cubase 5) where I can edit, cut & paste to my heart's content.

I usually try out a bunch of different Real Tracks & Drums, but I can't do any midi tracks except whatever is in the style.
What would be fabulous in RB & BIAB is the ability to generate a MIDI track in any style and insert it into the song.
Obviously this would work better in RB because it has more tracks to work with,

Sometimes, there is a part in a style that I really like, but I like other elements in another style.
I know you can create your own "combination" styles, but what I am looking for is the ability to audition
say, MIDI Bass styles, till I find one or two I like in combination with my Real Tracks, etc.

#91510 - 11/16/10 01:19 PM Re: Generate any style MIDI track [Re: boydbob]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You can do this already. Generate your song with whatever style you want. Then, either copy the track(s) you want to keep below the BIAB area of RealBand, select another style, and regenerate. The tracks will regenerate based on the new style. Alternately, after you generate tracks based on a style you like, you can also highlight individual tracks (either the whole track or parts of the track), choose a different style, and regenerate. Only the highlighted portion gets regenerated. Lots of ways to skin that cat.

If you only want to listen to the bass track, then either mute the others, or solo the bass track to hear just that.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Order Band-in-a-Box and DOWNLOAD Your Purchase!

Order Band-in-a-Box directly from PG Music Inc. and you can start downloading the program right away! Of course, we can also send you the program by courier or mail - but you can still download it while you wait!
Order Band-in-a-Box for Windows.
Order Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

Video - RealBand: Batch File Convert

Did you know... in RealBand you can convert audio files of various types, RealBand SEQ files, or Band-in-a-Box song files to an output audio format of your choice!
Click here to watch the video.

Labor Day Weekend - We're Still Here!

It's the last long weekend of the summer, and we hope everyone enjoys it!

Don't let the long weekend fool you though - we're still going to be here for all your sales and tech needs!

Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 8:00PM PST (GMT -8)
Saturday: 8:00AM to 6:00PM PST (GMT -8)
Sunday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8)
http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Troy Brenningmeyer - Another GREAT Lap Steel Lessons with Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Band-in-a-Box is a great tool when you're learning to play ANY instrument! Watch as Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box as a backing track while teaching a Lap Steel Lesson: http://youtu.be/ofrk4lI4Msg

The Audio Chord Wizard - a GREAT Band-in-a-Box Feature!

The Audio Chord Wizard is an amazing feature of Band-in-a-Box that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file! What a great way to learn a song, or create your own version of one of your favorite songs!
Watch the Audio Chord Wizard YouTube Video.

The Italian Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 per Macintosh è qui con più di 50 nuove funzioni interessanti.
http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

Forum Stats
21958 Members
38 Forums
29848 Topics
237649 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Vrinda, OneSothebys, mrjazz, holyboy70, Jimboleenus

21958 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 119