You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#91509 - 11/16/10 03:41 PM Generate any style MIDI track
boydbob Offline
Enthusiast

I work out the chords and basic style in BIAB and then I import into RB and try out various Real Tracks & Drums.
Then I import the wave and MIDI files into my DAW (Cubase 5) where I can edit, cut & paste to my heart's content.

I usually try out a bunch of different Real Tracks & Drums, but I can't do any midi tracks except whatever is in the style.
What would be fabulous in RB & BIAB is the ability to generate a MIDI track in any style and insert it into the song.
Obviously this would work better in RB because it has more tracks to work with,

Sometimes, there is a part in a style that I really like, but I like other elements in another style.
I know you can create your own "combination" styles, but what I am looking for is the ability to audition
say, MIDI Bass styles, till I find one or two I like in combination with my Real Tracks, etc.

#91510 - 11/16/10 04:19 PM Re: Generate any style MIDI track [Re: boydbob]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You can do this already. Generate your song with whatever style you want. Then, either copy the track(s) you want to keep below the BIAB area of RealBand, select another style, and regenerate. The tracks will regenerate based on the new style. Alternately, after you generate tracks based on a style you like, you can also highlight individual tracks (either the whole track or parts of the track), choose a different style, and regenerate. Only the highlighted portion gets regenerated. Lots of ways to skin that cat.

If you only want to listen to the bass track, then either mute the others, or solo the bass track to hear just that.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Making a Song in Band-in-a-Box

Want to see how easy it is to make a song in Band-in-a-Box? Make sure you watch our YouTube video Making a Song in Band-in-a-Box where we show you (in less than 5 minutes) just how easy it is!

RealTracks Artist Gonzalo Bergara Magazine Feature

Gonzalo Bergera is featured in Episode 2 of Gypsy Jazz Guitar Secrets Magazine, with the lesson Learn To Play Guitar Like Django Reinhardt.

Learn more about this here.

Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for your Band-in-a-Box Song.

With so many RealTracks available, how do you know you're picking the best ones for your song? We've made a quick video to help you out with that! You can watch it here: http://youtu.be/I3wJYf9qE04.

RealTracks Artist John Jarvis - Album Credits

John Jarvis recorded with Brooks & Dunn and Lonestar this year!

To see what other albums you can find his playing on, view his www.allmusic.com profile.

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS! Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Award Nominations!

The Canadian Fold Music Awards are this weekend, and RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand has been nominated for:
Instrumental Group of the Year
Ensemble of the Year
World Group of the Year
New/Emerging Artist of the Year
Young Performer of the Year

Read the announcement here.

Learn more about the Canadian Folk Music Awards: folkawards.ca

Keeping Up with PG Music Inc. - Newsletter Sign-up

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

Forum Stats
22291 Members
39 Forums
31184 Topics
247448 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
Ratfink11, qsa, yuyunchen, issac123, Todd12

22291 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 235
Pat Marr 211