You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#91509 - 11/16/10 03:41 PM Generate any style MIDI track
boydbob Offline
Enthusiast

I work out the chords and basic style in BIAB and then I import into RB and try out various Real Tracks & Drums.
Then I import the wave and MIDI files into my DAW (Cubase 5) where I can edit, cut & paste to my heart's content.

I usually try out a bunch of different Real Tracks & Drums, but I can't do any midi tracks except whatever is in the style.
What would be fabulous in RB & BIAB is the ability to generate a MIDI track in any style and insert it into the song.
Obviously this would work better in RB because it has more tracks to work with,

Sometimes, there is a part in a style that I really like, but I like other elements in another style.
I know you can create your own "combination" styles, but what I am looking for is the ability to audition
say, MIDI Bass styles, till I find one or two I like in combination with my Real Tracks, etc.

#91510 - 11/16/10 04:19 PM Re: Generate any style MIDI track [Re: boydbob]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You can do this already. Generate your song with whatever style you want. Then, either copy the track(s) you want to keep below the BIAB area of RealBand, select another style, and regenerate. The tracks will regenerate based on the new style. Alternately, after you generate tracks based on a style you like, you can also highlight individual tracks (either the whole track or parts of the track), choose a different style, and regenerate. Only the highlighted portion gets regenerated. Lots of ways to skin that cat.

If you only want to listen to the bass track, then either mute the others, or solo the bass track to hear just that.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2015 at the NAMM Show

Keyboard Magazine shows Tobin demonstrating Band-in-a-Box at the 2015 NAMM Show! Watch it here.

PG Music is at NAMM

PG Music is at NAMM! Come visit us at Booth 1089, Hall E.

Share Your Band-in-a-Box Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Make sure to post a link to your song on our User Showcase Forum!

Updated User Showcase Page!

Want to hear what people are creating with their Band-in-a-Box? Our User Showcase provides an excellent opportunity to listen to other peoples Band-in-a-Box creations!

RealTracks Artists Andy Leftwich, Blair Masters and Byron House - Album Release!

RealTracks Artists Andy Leftwich, Blair Masters and Byron House can all be heard on the new album "Long Way Home" by Singer/Songwriter Raquel Aurilia, being released on January 27th! Learn more about this album here.

RealTracks Artist Pat Steward - Album Credits

Drummer Pat Steward has recorded with Matthew Good, Jann Arden, Colin James and many more!

Click here for a complete list of Pat's album credits.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows - New Features Video

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is a big hit! See this new version in action by watching the New Features video here: http://youtu.be/CyIJsCp_rlM.

Click here to read about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows.

Forum Stats
22646 Members
37 Forums
32228 Topics
256925 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
michaelogle, Butler Billy, pilaben, Mark Gorenstein, KurtHendrix

22645 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 255
VideoTrack 235