Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Trevor - stunning video. awesome ideas...

But I want to know about the song. Did you do that in BIAB??? The horns were terrific. Mixed with the synth - that was cool. Can you post that in the Showcase - and give specifics on how you created that?... Share!!

floyd

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Trevor,

What a great video and what spectacular ideas! All I could think of was "Wow! That would be great!" as you unrolled the features.

I have no idea how you visualised all your thoughts. It's very impressive and must have taken quite a bit of time.

I agree with floyd. Why haven't you posted this song in the User Showcase?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. I missed the boat you capsized.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Trevor - stunning video. awesome ideas...

But I want to know about the song. Did you do that in BIAB??? The horns were terrific. Mixed with the synth - that was cool. Can you post that in the Showcase - and give specifics on how you created that?... Share!!
floyd

Hi Floyd, thanks for the great feedback, appreciated. Unfortunately, I didn't produce the audio with BiaB. It was done using Sonicfire Pro's 'SmartSound' product, which is used to create backing tracks for movies and video. You just pick the genre, select any specific variations (mood, feel etc), set the required track length hh:mm:ss:ff, and it generates a track exactly to fit the desired length. I have a fairly large library of different sound styles. I guess that these are essentially very similar to 'Real Tracks'

I was going to do something in BiaB but run out of time (and maybe creativity by then!).
Cheers
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
By the way, great name for a song: "Uncontrollably Brazen". Even better name for a band. But the song on the screen is not what we were listening to...

Hi Matt, as mentioned in an above post, the song audio was produced by a different program. However, I used BiaB's Auto-Generate Song Title feature for a different song that was on screen (one I am currently writing) and it came up with "Uncontrollably Brazen", and well, I couldn't resist.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, I knew that wasn't BIAB playing. However, I didn't know the BIAB song title generator was that hip!

I still think it's better as a name for a band.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I was not aware of that - Sonicfire Pro's 'SmartSound'. God only knows what else is out there and what is currently on the drafting board.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Wow, great production.
I would agree with Mario D. About the play, record.....
Personally I would rather wait another year to have a GUI like this rather than get something this year that would be a rehash of the same old look.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
L
Veteran
Veteran
L

Trevor:

Great demo!
Thanks for taking the time to put that together.
It's always so much easier to "see" something, especially in a video, than to read through a description of it.

Really good ideas. +1 here.

LLOYD S

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Chord sheet window.

Got a 24 bar song loaded.

If I loop say the first two bars - then -

Set the song running

Click somewhere else in the chord sheet.

All indication of the section disappears from the screen.

If it was someone asking something and thought train is lost, you cant see when you return

Please provide the ability to "pin" the start and finish of a repeat.

Suggestion 1 - use the customary pic icon two colour one for start one for end

Suggestion 2 Maybe use music repeat notation signs in a highlighted colour of some kind.

Last edited by ZeroZero; 05/03/15 01:35 AM.

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Chord Sheet View

Instead of having a colour change to indicate the active bar have some form of symbol

I would favour some other form of indicator

The red line box in the lead sheet window is soooo thin that if you were using glasses precious nano seconds are lost glimpsing at where you are.

I want to say there is a lot to like about the chord sheet window. I run it with Alanah chocoloate theme,. If you are spending hours working on a tune its not a good thing to stare at manuscript whites. OK on a smaller device of course. COlour schemes fonts are really useful.

Agree that we should 'feel' like we are entering directly into a chord click on the chord in the song bang - chord change options apparent.

It would be good to be able to enable/disable a count in for a loop or section.

Would it be possible to use the repeat 1 and Repeat 2" Symbols when displaying the structure of a song. To have the option to show a song that way at a single click, in the main window - to set a pref.

Last edited by ZeroZero; 05/03/15 01:35 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Expert
Expert
S
Well done Trev I'm proud of you mate ! it's a shame you have to go through such a fight to point out the the truth but you kickedass and took BIAB into the stratosphere.
He who has ears will hear.

I can't do it anymore I'm totally worn out, defeated, and given up !

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Preferences

Layout the preferences differently. The present look is crowded to the eye and reduces my mind to peering and hunt and peck. Colors and font prefs are in different places. Could do with a resort.

A Bigger window. Tree Structure pane. More air to breathe.

Last edited by ZeroZero; 05/03/15 01:34 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Hey Solid Rock give us a smile - we luv ya baby

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Dockeable transport bar

Have a proper dockeable transport bar where you can hide features you don't need. Make it feel like the controls of a star deck.

Last edited by ZeroZero; 05/03/15 01:31 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Favourites

I am always loosings songs in the ether - Yes I am disorganised.

Suggestion?Brainstorm
If we had the concept of 'most used' song, a song search filter for saved after date...

We need some kind of way of organising favorites without having favorite this and favourite that everywhere. Favorite song> Favorite Style, Favorite Real Track ALL one screen one place

Someway of indicating and setting this that Is very apparent

Eric Persing has come up with some new ways of searching for sounds in Omnisphere 2. One could search by "songs that feature this MIDI/Real Track instrument.

Last edited by ZeroZero; 05/03/15 01:31 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Chord Builder

Could be very useful if expanded. Always with default but changeable preferences to set in new preferences look.

Add an optional piano/fretboard/notation view.

Show a standard voicing on a keyboard notation or Tab

Hsve some form of intelligent system to offer on the keyboard fret notation alternative chords/ voicings (within BIAB limits). Maybe an indication of a chords 'family'. Different views perhaps.

Just lateral thinking.............

Last edited by ZeroZero; 05/03/15 01:28 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: solidrock
Well done Trev I'm proud of you mate ! it's a shame you have to go through such a fight to point out the the truth but you kickedass and took BIAB into the stratosphere.
He who has ears will hear.

I can't do it anymore I'm totally worn out, defeated, and given up !

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

SR, I'm pretty honored to get such praise from you. I know you have worked tirelessly with ideas, and taken these further to develop separate improvements that we have all benefited from. Your words speak volumes. There are lots of team players who have contributed. Every positive comment, every positive input is absolutely valuable. Teamwork is what it's all about, I reckon. Much appreciated. And "never give up". Your input has always been more than valuable.
Trev

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Play on Load

Would it be possible to have your songs default to regenerating automatically, as a pref.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Well, seeing that I managed to 'rock the boat' yesterday (this was unintentional, although it appears that I managed to completely capsize it...), I thought it my duty to come up with practical ideas instead of talk. Talk is cheap. Ideas, and functional concepts are required. It was therefore my duty to put in some effort to restore normality - if that's possible.

So, I spent a little bit of time today with some 'ideas only' concepts of how the interface could be improved, by reducing clutter, an hopefully streamlining the look and appearance, so to speak.

This is a rough shot, only a day's work (including video), and is completely conceptual. It could be improved for sure, but it's a start.

I hope that others might think this has merit and could be taken further, or offer their own suggestions, as others already have.

(I hope PGM staff get a chance to see it too. Peter, feel free to PM me for design ideas.)

Watching on YouTube at larger size is perhaps more beneficial to see the new features.

Feel free to provide all comments, criticisms, good, bad, anything.

My intentions (as always) are only to provide ideas to improve and advance the product, nothing less.

None of the ideas in the video are difficult to implement too.

Best

Trevor

Nice job on the demo. But I would like to see them reorganize/refactor the toolbars (and menus and dialog boxes) rather than simply hiding them!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
The truth of the matter is that in biab 2013 we had dockable toolbars, but we went backwards and this feature was removed.

Pg music totally buried its head in the sand, and though we were told often enough that the dockable feature would be reinstated and it "was a work in progress" nothing ever happened.

Just part of the reason this has reached the stage that it has now.

Musiclover

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
old biab.jpg (356.75 KB, 76 downloads)
Last edited by musiclover; 05/04/15 01:12 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,670
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200