Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
ROG (and gang)...

Super job on this! The video is delightful - well done.

I really like this song. The vocals are super.. the instrumentation is terrific - everything (guitars, organ, horns) all blended so very well. Excellent mix.

Really enjoyed listening (several times)

floyd

Hey Floyd.

I always look forward to getting one of your reviews and "several times" is a complement indeed.

Many thanks, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Really enjoyed the song and video Rog, great production throughout, with something to hold your attention for length of song.

Great guitar playing too.

Musiclover

Hey, many thanks for the kind words. Glad it held your attention, because it is slightly longer than I usually permit myself.

Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool!! Interesting mix of styles. Video is fun. Mix sounded great (maybe a bit light on bass). BG vocals are amazing-I don't know anyone on the forum who nails them any better. This was a treat all around!! Take care. Greg

Greg.

So good of you to give us such a glowing review. The girls are SO good at those backing vox and we really miss them now that they're all away at university. Still, we have one or two new ones training up!

Many thanks, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi ROG,

This is an original song, especially the arrangement. Very nice guitar. Well done.
It's fun to see the story being played by your actors.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi there, Rob and Anne-Marie.

Pleased that you liked it. We certainly had fun putting it all together, even though there was a lot of work involved. Having done video yourselves, you'll appreciate that!

Many thanks, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi ROG,

... With the addition of video, this is a production showpiece. What you and your crew have put together is exceptionally good.

The ending credits were a great touch!

Terrific work!
Noel
Plus one! Intriguing arrangement as well!

Hi Lawrence.

Yes, I though I'd try out a few different techniques with the arrangement on this one. I'm pleased that you thought it worked.

Many thanks, ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool, Professor! You're a multimedia guru! smile

Very nicely done.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Real retro eighties feel.
Good production and well constructed.
Liked the light and shade especial with powerful
guitar work.
Good work.
Rob.

Hi Rob.

Yes, I do keep finding myself back in the 80s. It was such a good time for Power Ballads and I was always a fan of Bon Jovi and Brian Adams. Glad you liked the track and the guitars.

Many thanks, ROG.

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nicely performed and produced.

Bravo!

Thanks for the music,
Dan

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
ROG,
That was very enjoyable. I enjoyed the video to complement a nicely produced song. I can imagine a good amount of work and time went into this. Thanks for posting it to the forum.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Top notch, pro, and all the other superlatives!

The song is so strong to begin with and the
video works really well -- meaning it augments
the audio and never distracting.

We realize that a lot of thought and work went
into this and, wow, did it ever pay off.

Congrats on a fine production and one that'll
we'll pass on to friends.

J&B

Hi Janice & Bud.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to the replies.

So pleased with your kind review. Yes, there was a lot of work in this project, but it makes it all worthwhile when it's appreciated, particularly when it's by people you respect.

Many thanks, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi ROG
I don't recall if I had heard this one or not but I do like it. The contrast between you voice and Courtney's is super. The video is very well done (I am sure you have done this before!).
Great stuff

Hi Josie.

Yes, I did a lot of video work at one time, but it was about twenty years ago. The front end, that is the concept, storyboarding and framing shots remains the same, but the editing has changed beyond all recognition. It's similar to the move from tape to computer in audio recording, so it involved a bit of a learning curve. Fortunately our son, Neil is a commercial photographer, so that made a big difference.

Anyway, glad you liked it.

Many thanks, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
ROG, I enjoyed the video as well as the very well produced song. The mix is great. Nice job! Tom

Tommy, always pleased to get your view. Many thanks for the listen (and watch).

Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hi Rog!

I'll echo many of the comments that have been made already... especially the ones about the originality of the arrangement. Your songs (to my ear anyway) tend to be highly original, almost purposefully different from whatever cookie cutter style happens to be the moment's rage.

Loved the guitar solo in all it's glorious reverb! And especially given the originality of the arrangement, it made for a guitar solo that could never be cut and pasted onto another song , as is the case with so many generic solos. That solo was definitely composed for that song only!

The whole production struck me as being somewhat of an homage to your students, almost a graduation gift. Nice the way everybody had a spot that allows them to shine.

I identify with the lyrics, as I'm sure most people would. Who hasn't wanted what he/she can't have? Who hasn't settled for friendship when a more durable relationship was preferred? The ability to identify and develop universal themes is one of your strong points IMO.

I really liked the video... I thought it was very well done. Lots of subtle pro touches that wouldn't happen on an amateur's video. But In my opinion it doesn't storyboard well. A storyboard retells the tale in graphical scenes that represent the points being made in the story. If you removed the song from the video, there's no way in the world I would watch that video and come away with an interpretation anything like the song. But that's just my personal preference about the relationship between a song and its video. Viewed as its own work of art, without putting my own opinionated constraints on it, it is very beautiful and artfully rendered.

I always enjoy your songs Rog... I think you are one of the most creative song writers on the forum, and your ideas always pique my fascination... whether in terms of lyrics, arrangements, cartoon sax players, guitar solos.. it's all awesome when it comes from you! Thanks for adding your magic to the forum!

Hi Pat.

Once again, sorry for the long delay in replying. Pressure!

Many thanks. You're always too kind with your praise - you make me blush!

Thanks also for the comments on the video - it wasn't an easy one to storyboard. We tried to pick out important lines and work with those and hoped that the music and pictures would combine to tell the story. The happy scenes, the argument, "across the street in some crowded place" (unfortunately Scarborough wasn't so busy on the day we filmed) "can we still be friends" - the kiss on the cheek, but I agree that it needed the music to make it all fall into place.

I appreciate all the time you put into these reviews and I must say that we DO take notice and value your opinion very highly.

Once again, many thanks, Roger.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Very cool, Professor! You're a multimedia guru! smile

Very nicely done.

Regards,

Bob

Cheers Bob.

Always pleased to get your comments. Many thanks for listening.

ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: big741
Nicely performed and produced.

Bravo!

Thanks for the music,
Dan

Hi Dan.

Thanks for the listen and the positive comments.

ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: nobilis
ROG,
That was very enjoyable. I enjoyed the video to complement a nicely produced song. I can imagine a good amount of work and time went into this. Thanks for posting it to the forum.

Hi Patrick (nobilis)

Glad you enjoyed it. Many thanks for the review.

ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi everyone.

Apologies for the late replies to many of these reviews.

I do try to get round to get round to them sooner, but work has been building up of late.

Many thanks to you all for your patience.

ROG.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,558
Posts734,397
Members38,490
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE, Nancy Gochnauer, Frank G
38,489 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184