Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#98693 - 12/22/10 01:06 AM [RealBand] Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock
raintalk Offline
Apprentice

Hi Experts,

I've loaded Jamstix as a vst and RB for some reason constantly send the first measure with clock to the plugin.

It never stops even if RB is stopped. And it never sends any real measure info to Jamstix, when I hit play only the first measure is sent over and over.

Anybody get this working?

Demo of Jamstix here:
http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3_demo.html

thanks in advance for any pointers,

#98694 - 12/22/10 07:45 AM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

This is one of the type of VSTi that are not totally supported by RB.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
http://wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.html

#98695 - 12/22/10 01:12 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: silvertones]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Any VSTi that requires timing lock does not work properly in RB or PT. I have used JS from the beginning and in PG product it will only work as a "dumb" drum machine and follow midi data. You can't use it as a intelligent drummer.

Hopefully PG will solve this mystery soon.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#98696 - 12/22/10 02:21 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
multitracker Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Hibbing, MN
I second that - hopefully soon. Jamstix is a great program, and similar to PG Music in that the owner provides excellent support for his product.

Terry

#98697 - 12/22/10 03:08 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Quote:

Any VSTi that requires timing lock does not work properly in RB or PT. I have used JS from the beginning and in PG product it will only work as a "dumb" drum machine and follow midi data. You can't use it as a intelligent drummer.

Hopefully PG will solve this mystery soon.

I've finally become convinced it ain't happenin. I was the first to report this 3-4 years ago, went into great detail about it, went back and forth with support, posted Ralph's (Rayzoon) replies to my emails and Peter said a couple of times he was aware of the problem and was working on it. During one of the Beta's maybe two years ago Jeff also said he was working on it but not a peep since. I'm not dumping on them, they're wizards at fixing things like this. I think it simply can't be fixed in RB for whatever reason.
All you can do is use JS in another host to create your drum grooves and then import the drum track back into RB. I've been using Sonar Home Studio for that. Then, when you have the whole song done except for fine tuning the drums do a preliminary stereo mix with no drums and put that back into the other host and use JS to finalize the drum track. Now at least you have a choice as to which host to use for your final mix and master. Yes, clunky I know but whatever it takes to get the job done.
If you don't know already, Musicians Friend is selling the Tracktion 3 Ultimate Bundle for $19.95. Regular price is like $250. An absolute steal, Scott (rockstar_not) says Tracktion is a great program and works well with all these plugins. It just arrived by UPS and I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Bob

#98698 - 12/22/10 05:09 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: jazzmammal]
raintalk Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Everyone

I've been able to bring up Jamstix in Ableton lite and use Midi Clock to get them to somewhat sync. I'll have to play with buffer sizes, or get midi-ox in the loop to get the sync rock solid.

This is too bad, I also tried to pull in a synth into real band and have the arpegiator sync. I'll try the second daw trick with that also.

Thanks for the Traction bundle info. It looks like a cool daw.

#98699 - 12/22/10 07:50 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
I'll just add that JS works sweet in Reaper! Nuff said.

#98700 - 12/22/10 08:57 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: multitracker]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Quote:

I ...and similar to PG Music in that the owner provides excellent support for his product.

Terry

I once knew of a plugin that had a weird issue with PTW. I let PGMusic know about it, and then I let the developer know about it too. Pretty soon the two of them had found a solution. Maybe the plugin needs an easy update, and for PGMusic it would be a major endeavor. I do believe PGMusic would be willing to find a solution to plugins like Jamstix, and if the developer was interested too (lots of additional sales from users) it may be worth a shot.

It's a possible opportunity (for both sides)
Just an idea (I like proactive approaches)

#98701 - 12/22/10 11:48 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: rharv]
Robh Offline
Veteran

The developer has worked with several other programs like Sonar, Reaper, Multitrackstudios and found solutions. I hope that PG would be willing to work out the problem, but JS is not the only Plug that does not work well in PG stuff.

There were three threads back in 06 and 07 where the JS developer Ralph discussed this and PG was contacted by forum members, Jazzmammal was one i believe and while PG wanted to resolve it, they decided that it was for a later revision. If you have ever gone to JS website and watched the videos you will see just how powerful this program could be with RB, and PTPA. between the abilities of RDs and Jamstix track there is virtually no drum track that could not be made to sound very live and real. I know I and others have mentioned this many times here, but I really hope Peter and Jeff can maybe take a little time to contact Ralph and see if this can't be resolved. I think while it might drive some sales to JS, also the ability to use that program in PG product might make some over there think about adding BiaB and RB to the arsenal.

Edited by Robh (12/23/10 01:10 AM)
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#98702 - 12/23/10 01:44 AM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
It isn't just Jamstix. As pointed out already, any VST or VSTi that uses tempo clock from the host simply doesn't work as far as I can tell with an older version of PTPA.

I like to use tempo-synced delay effects. The one I like to use in particular is a freebie called Bionic Delay. Instead of messing with calculating delays in mS, you just use the note value that makes sense - 1/8th, 1/16th, etc. If you change the tempo of the song just a bit, no big deal, the VST comes right along with.

That Tracktion deal also comes with a fairly complete install of Drumcore - which I'll be trying out probably first thing once I decide to install T3.

So, whatever it is in the coding of how PG products handle plugins with a midi tempo send, it just doesn't work. Jamstix is just one VSTi that needs that midi info to properly do it's 'Jamming'.

-Scott

#98703 - 12/23/10 11:55 AM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: rockstar_not]
Robh Offline
Veteran

The new JS 3 is absolutly incredible. It also works flawlessly in MTS and MC5 with is a cheap work around too a midi in MC5 and open JS and build a drum track. I do not use JS as much since i love some of the RD tracks, and think they are very good especially for live work. For recording original tunes, i use either RDs or JS tracks where i can output 8 drum tracks and mix them.

#98704 - 12/23/10 02:00 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

The new JS 3 is absolutly incredible.

US$79 until end of year, but do I need to pay extra for a XL version? I could ask over in their forum, but I trust you guys and this is off topic - music related - and will be used with BIAB and RB in some form or another.

I'll duck now being a little sensitive to asking questions about other vendors product here!

#98705 - 12/23/10 02:56 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: MusicStudent]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I own 2.5 so it is a $39 upgrade to 3 weeeeee

#98706 - 12/24/10 10:12 AM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
Wyndham Offline
Expert

A quick off topic question on JS. I am looking to do backing track similar to Loreena Mc Kennett's Mummers Dance or one of the others that have a Irish Bodhran sound or other hand drum sound. Will JS work for this in the basic package or an add on, if anyone knows.
Mighrt be a nice Christmas treat, thanks Wyndham

#98707 - 12/24/10 11:26 AM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Wyndham]
Robh Offline
Veteran

JS comes with typical kits, i doubt the irish Bodhran sound is there, there is the new Jamcussion addon, but still that would be a reach. The RDs are your best bet, or download some loops

#98708 - 12/24/10 01:25 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Wyndham]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hello Wyndham,

Quote:

A quick off topic question on JS. I am looking to do backing track similar to Loreena Mc Kennett's Mummers Dance or one of the others that have a Irish Bodhran sound or other hand drum sound. Will JS work for this in the basic package or an add on, if anyone knows.

There are Bodhran Realdrums styles... included in RealTracks Set 104.

#98709 - 12/28/10 10:13 AM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Wyndham Offline
Expert

Thanks,I'll dig into it tonight. Just received 2011 and sounds like a lot of great new RT's to play with as well. Wyndham

#98710 - 12/04/11 09:33 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
raintalk Offline
Apprentice

Quote:

Hi Experts,

I've loaded Jamstix as a vst and RB for some reason constantly send the first measure with clock to the plugin.

It never stops even if RB is stopped. And it never sends any real measure info to Jamstix, when I hit play only the first measure is sent over and over.

Anybody get this working?

Demo of Jamstix here:
http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3_demo.html

thanks in advance for any pointers,

Does this work in 2012 with all the VSTi that has been done?

#98711 - 12/04/11 09:43 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
Robh Offline
Veteran

No they have not addressed the VSTi issue as far as I know.

#98712 - 12/04/11 10:57 PM [RealBand] Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Nope. Rob and I are two California boys who stay on top of this issue. If there were any changes we would know about it. I stand by what I said last year. It seems like it just can't be done. Something in the core programming code I guess. It's too bad, it's the one thing holding RB back. That and automation.

Look at how responsive PG has been in this latest 2012 version. They added virtually everything that a lot of folks have been asking for since forever. Except the VST timing thing. I doubt they just forgot or thought it wasn't important, it simply can't be done imho.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27614 Members
50 Forums
52209 Topics
432089 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
BillyP, fleahead, Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 164