Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff

Our latest testimonial comes to us from Band-in-a-Box user Rodney Gene Junior, who is a professional multi-musician and producer in Austin, Texas.

Watch the video on our YouTube channel. Not only does he tell the viewer why he loves using Band-in-a-Box, he also shares some of his AMAZING musical talent!

All of the video testimonials are on our website at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
One word: "Fantabulous!" Mine pales by comparison.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! Rodney, that was a great testimonial!

That was not only an amazing display of talent, but I REALLY liked the way you said the things you said! You are clearly an analytical thinker who has laid out a path for your own success, and I find it interesting that BIAB was the very first tool you acquired as part of your plan! That's what I call rational thinking!

And I'm very happy to see more and more pros weighing in. That is the best answer to the rubes who try to dismiss the software because they don't understand how to use it as an accessory to raw human musical ability!

Thanks for taking time to make this inspiring video!

PS: while we're on the topic of things that are worth their weight in precious metal.... ZEPHYR pickups?? Aren't they wound with solid silver wire??

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That there some hot guitar pickin....

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Great testimonial. I recall This gentleman from back when I first began using BIAB. I believe, and if I'm not mistaken, that he essentially locked himself away and dedicated several months intensely learning guitar. He was very inspirational and also a major influence on my decision to purchase BIAB.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Great testimonial. I recall This gentleman from back when I first began using BIAB. I believe, and if I'm not mistaken, that he essentially locked himself away and dedicated several months intensely learning guitar. He was very inspirational and also a major influence on my decision to purchase BIAB.

Oh yeah! I remember now! I didn't make the connection! Thanks for pointing that out, Charlie!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Rodney
Knockout testimonial. Great guitar licks, awesome delivery.
Thanks

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the love and good word folks! Appreciate it! I realize I am not much of a 'regular' member here but I do stop in and read on occasion. There are only so many minutes in a day and it is already so easy to use them up! Still this is probably one of the most supportive and friendliest forums and group of folks around.
Floyd hipped me to the video idea, cheers Floyd! Really I just spoke sincerely from my own perspective. I chose not to do any 'tutorial' type because honestly I don't know enough of it to teach it. Basically it is a 10 minute thumbs up to my peers. Besides it is preaching to the choir for anyone in the know.

Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music

Our latest testimonial comes to us from Band-in-a-Box user Rodney Gene Junior, who is a professional multi-musician and producer in Austin, Texas.

Watch the video on our YouTube channel. Not only does he tell the viewer why he loves using Band-in-a-Box, he also shares some of his AMAZING musical talent!

All of the video testimonials are on our website at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm

Callie, thanks for working that out for me! Appreciate the opportunity and the terrific support and service!

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
One word: "Fantabulous!" Mine pales by comparison.
LOL! Don, respectfully your testimonial is inspiring for a whole lot of other reasons and appreciated by myself for certain! Genuinely.

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Wow! Rodney, that was a great testimonial!

That was not only an amazing display of talent, but I REALLY liked the way you said the things you said! You are clearly an analytical thinker who has laid out a path for your own success, and I find it interesting that BIAB was the very first tool you acquired as part of your plan! That's what I call rational thinking!

And I'm very happy to see more and more pros weighing in. That is the best answer to the rubes who try to dismiss the software because they don't understand how to use it as an accessory to raw human musical ability!

Thanks for taking time to make this inspiring video!

PS: while we're on the topic of things that are worth their weight in precious metal.... ZEPHYR pickups?? Aren't they wound with solid silver wire??

Brother Pat, cheers and thank you. Appreciate the thoughtful reply! BTW, I had to look up 'Rubes', haha. I might be a bit of one! And yes I suppose I am a bit of a philosophosizer but BIAB is a simple choice to have close by everyday if you are serious about your music. (Even 1/2 serious)
Yes sir, the Zephyr pickups...PURE silver wire. Not such a big market at $700 a set, LOL. Great , ultra transparent hi-fi tone though! Really revolutionary! Cheers!

Thanks again!

RG

Last edited by Callie - PG Music; 09/18/15 05:51 AM.
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
That there some hot guitar pickin....
Cheers, thank you Dan!

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Cheers and thank you! 'Locked' away! LOL! Not quite, but certainly doing some wood-shedding for months. I am pretty sure some of those initial threads still exist.

Great that I could inspire you or influence you to move forward in any capacity, that is a nice thing to say and hear! I always like to remind myself (and my friends) when I get stuck or down on myself for any perceived lack of progress I am experiencing, that someone, somewhere is looking at us thinking, 'it would be great to be where that person is'. All of us are inspiring to somebody at some level.

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Rodney
Knockout testimonial. Great guitar licks, awesome delivery.
Thanks

Thank you VT, appreciate the reply and compliments! Sincerely! It is an easy program to get inspired about! Glad I was able to keep 'near' 10 minutes, LOL.

Cheers,

RG

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sweet Lord Jesus can this dude play!!!! Honey hush!!!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
RG...

So glad to see you did this! I can imagine kids around the world saying "If a guy like THAT uses BIAB, then I need to, too!!!"

I could sit and just watch you play for hours. (I think I have occasionally)...

floyd

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Brother Pat, cheers and thank you. Appreciate the thoughtful reply! BTW, I had to look up 'Rubes', haha. I might be a bit of one!

well, you certainly are NOT a rube according the way I meant it...

I meant it to mean a person who allows a superficial impression to become their reality.

In the context of BIAB, that would be all the people who see how easily a song can be generated, then they dismiss the product because they conclude its a toy for people without talent.

But if they had looked just a little deeper, what they would see is a product filled with all kinds of musical tools and potential... all of which is made better when you add talent and creativity.

You, on the other hand, saw the potential in BIAB and you jumped on it wholeheartedly. You are a free thinker, not bogged down by herd mentality. My hat's off to you.. in my opinion, you are exactly the right person to be making a testimonial video!

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Sweet Lord Jesus can this dude play!!!! Honey hush!!!
Thank you Eddie! LOL! Nice little AC reference!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
RG...

So glad to see you did this! I can imagine kids around the world saying "If a guy like THAT uses BIAB, then I need to, too!!!"

I could sit and just watch you play for hours. (I think I have occasionally)...

floyd
Brother Floyd, cheers! Appreciate the good words and support. Of course looking at finished videos is one thing. If you had to watch and listen to the 4 hours and 37 takes it took me to nail it right you might be pulling your hair out, or mine! LOL

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Quote:
Brother Pat, cheers and thank you. Appreciate the thoughtful reply! BTW, I had to look up 'Rubes', haha. I might be a bit of one!

well, you certainly are NOT a rube according the way I meant it...

I meant it to mean a person who allows a superficial impression to become their reality.

In the context of BIAB, that would be all the people who see how easily a song can be generated, then they dismiss the product because they conclude its a toy for people without talent.

But if they had looked just a little deeper, what they would see is a product filled with all kinds of musical tools and potential... all of which is made better when you add talent and creativity.

You, on the other hand, saw the potential in BIAB and you jumped on it wholeheartedly. You are a free thinker, not bogged down by herd mentality. My hat's off to you.. in my opinion, you are exactly the right person to be making a testimonial video!

Yes sir, I sincerely understand Pat. I like to use the phrase 'on your own terms' and 'at your own pace' because I really believe that is the best way to approach BIAB and it always has something for you.
I notice the 'Rubes' as you call it often like to find shortcomings in anything they observe and become a victim of it rather than understand first and foremost what they have and find the potential in it to support their needs.
I think the biggest and most silly ploy is that that 'they' flame and bash from a lopsided irrational place. To me I often hear it as if someone were saying 'your cat is a terrible watch dog' or 'your little sedan is not a very good truck'.
No matter! More BIAB fun for me. LOL!

Cheers, RG

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mr. Gene, you da man!

Regards,

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TexasHeartRush
Thank you Eddie! LOL! Nice little AC reference!

And I DO occasionally talk too much......

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Rodney,

Great video, and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the inspiration you gave me back when you were sharing your results from your guitar studies. I've always been more of a bassist than a guitarist but hearing what you did in just a year inspired me to get all of Doug Seven's videos and push a little harder as a guitarist. I didn't accomplish quite what you have but I'm a little more proud of my guitar playing now than before I was exposed to you.

Thank you.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: KeithS
Rodney,

Great video, and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the inspiration you gave me back when you were sharing your results from your guitar studies. I've always been more of a bassist than a guitarist but hearing what you did in just a year inspired me to get all of Doug Seven's videos and push a little harder as a guitarist. I didn't accomplish quite what you have but I'm a little more proud of my guitar playing now than before I was exposed to you.

Thank you.
Keith, really appreciate the words and nice compliments! Sincerely. Good on you for getting in the woodshed and chopping some wood! I really understand! Despite many social epithets concerning age, we are never too old to re-invent ourselves in any capacity or truly develop a new skill set.

In regards to guitar I have found that progress (real progress) is only possible when slow and steady. I discovered the 'fast track' to getting competent was tiny improvements, often and usually imperceptible, made daily. I forget that some days when I look too far ahead at where I wish I were!

I am not playing nor studying 'country' much anymore, so I gave up hybrid picking practice. I am studying old blues and learning to 'flat pick' in the styles of Tiny Grimes, Charlie Christian, Billy Butler, Bill Jennings, Roy Lanham, Tiny Moore, Jimmie Rivers etc. I feel like 100% beginner and it's frustrating because I am gigging in this style. At the gig, any shortcomings and 'true' current skill set are quickly revealed, LOL!

Hope you are having fun above all else and again I am really grateful for the nice shout out!

Cheers and thanks RG

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wonderful testimonial. It's great to see, and hear, BiaB used professionally. Here is more proof PG Music products are tools suitable for professional use if the professional is creative enough to identify the uses.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very nicely done.
Thanks Rodney

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Wonderful testimonial. It's great to see, and hear, BiaB used professionally. Here is more proof PG Music products are tools suitable for professional use if the professional is creative enough to identify the uses.
Cheers! Thank you Jim! Appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: rharv
Very nicely done.
Thanks Rodney

Thank you!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195