Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#312317 09/30/15 02:55 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I have been out for a few weeks, dealing with life. smile I hope to be around more frequently.

I just re-arranged and re-recorded this song that I actually wrote 5 years ago, after both my daughters got married within a 12 month time frame (the year of my almost-bankruptcy). I was thinking about all the feelings and emotions that a dad experiences when he gives his daughter away for marriage, and wrote this song. I hope you enjoy it...

Whenever I See You

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 1036:Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 910:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 869:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockWarmA-B Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 621:Pedal Steel, Background Easy Ev 136
RealTracks in song: 511:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Dire Ev 140
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleBrushesCountryPopEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes

Last edited by Steve Young; 09/30/15 04:55 PM.

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

I always look forward to hearing your songs. I think you have just written a new wedding standard with this one! Very beautiful and touching - great arrangement and vocal delivery as usual. So well done!

Bob

User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Only a real loving dad could write such words and mean every word of it. I enjoyed your experience through this song and it is refreshing to hear dads express their love for their family. Nice song with good choice of instruments to compliment your voice. I like your guitar solo and the chords you used in the fiddle part.
Sonny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice. Lyrics that evoke deep thought from anyone who has been through this. (I have not.)

Plus you have a voice that is so spot on accurate that the singing almost becomes subliminal and allows the listener to focus on those lyrics. Well done.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Steve. This is a great tune.
I love the clarity of the mix.
Rob

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Top notch write, performance and production. I enjoyed the melody of this one.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve,

a beautiful song in every aspect.
I enjoyed listening a lot.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SONG!!
As Sonny said
Quote:
Only a real loving dad could write such words and mean every word of it. I enjoyed your experience through this song and it is refreshing to hear dads express their love for their family. Nice song with good choice of instruments to compliment your voice. I like your guitar solo and the chords you used in the fiddle part.
Sonny

I agree with every word he wrote

Alyn

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Almost got teary with this one!! I have an 11 year old daughter and still clearly remember carrying her as a baby. I reflect on her future (and my son's) and think about things like career and marriage. This is a very touching and beautiful song. Arrangement and vocal were excellent as usual. Very sweeeeeet stuff!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve, Your vocals are tremendous! Nicely written song and a fantastic arrangement. Every instrument is so separated and clear in the mix. Superb editing throughout. I like hearing just that little bit of steel near the end. you are a master at assembling these parts and the time you take and the care you show is clearly evident. Just Beautiful. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Steve,

As you know, we're always looking forward to your new contributions.
This is beautiful!
Outstanding vocals and a very professional use of the Pedal Steel RT!
The Dire soloist also works nicely here.

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

I always look forward to hearing your songs. I think you have just written a new wedding standard with this one! Very beautiful and touching - great arrangement and vocal delivery as usual. So well done!

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Always great to hear from you. Glad you like it.

Originally Posted By: SRP
Sonny

Thank you, Sonny. I have been very blessed with a wonderful, close-knit family. Thanks for your kind words!

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Very nice. Lyrics that evoke deep thought from anyone who has been through this. (I have not.)

Plus you have a voice that is so spot on accurate that the singing almost becomes subliminal and allows the listener to focus on those lyrics. Well done.

Hi Eddy! Nice to see you back around here. Really appreciate your very kind words.

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautifully written and beautifully done Steve.

Josie

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello,

nice song, very melodic.
you've got a great voice for this kind of music.
I enjoyed it.

Hello.
Sergio.

Sergio
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a lovely song Steve, an arrangement smooth as honey. Top class vocals as usual. Thanks for letting us hear this one.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Steve, Your vocals are tremendous! Nicely written song and a fantastic arrangement. Every instrument is so separated and clear in the mix. Superb editing throughout. I like hearing just that little bit of steel near the end. you are a master at assembling these parts and the time you take and the care you show is clearly evident. Just Beautiful. Tom

Steve - Tom often says the same things I think as listen...so +1 to all he said...

As always, your production is a work of art. Super nice editing on the Dire solo to keep it from sounding like "the Dire solo" (that it so often does).

It is a real talent to be able to write "plain speak" lyrics that convey real emotion (and do not sound trite)... you do that so well, so consistently.

There is a reason that "Beautiful" is used so often to describe your work.

floyd

PS - thanks for the nice comments in the Learning thread (didn't want to bump it again)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gorgeous country ballad here. Excellent work. Love the arrangement.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely! What a tribute for them and with such feeling from Dad. And then
the icing on the cake consists of the heartfelt write and vocals. Oh, and
then there is the Steve Young high bar production values to marinate
it all. Greg and floyd used up the best superlatives for this...but we
sincerely agree with them.

Wonderful.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

I don't know what's in the drinking water at Canyon Lake TX but... wow! You consistently present the forum with outstanding work. The melodies you write are amongst the best I've ever heard, your arrangements always hook my imagination and effortlessly carry me along on the song's journey and your lyrics are so very effective.

"Beautiful" is an absolute pleasure to listen to. I honestly don't think that music can get any better than this.

I hope that all is travelling well for you and your family,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hey Steve. This is a great tune.
I love the clarity of the mix.
Rob

Hey Rob, good to hear from you. Glad you like the mix. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Top notch write, performance and production. I enjoyed the melody of this one.

Charlie

Charlie, thanks for dropping in on this one. Really appreciate your kind words. Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Steve,

a beautiful song in every aspect.
I enjoyed listening a lot.

Guenter

Thanks, Guenter! Always good to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: gibson
Steve,

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SONG!!
As Sonny said
Quote:
Sonny

I agree with every word he wrote

Alyn

Hi Alyn, thanks so much! Appreciate you taking the time to listen and post!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Almost got teary with this one!! I have an 11 year old daughter and still clearly remember carrying her as a baby. I reflect on her future (and my son's) and think about things like career and marriage. This is a very touching and beautiful song. Arrangement and vocal were excellent as usual. Very sweeeeeet stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg! I still had a hard time singing it when I recorded it this week, even after 5 years. I think it must be allergy season, my throat kept getting choked up! smile My youngest is now 30, and between the 2 daughters we now have 4 grandkids, and a 5th on the way. Life is good! Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199