You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#110550 - 04/04/11 12:17 PM Demo Song
Bernard Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Germany/France
I am following regularly the forum, find it generally interesting but do not participate regularly because I usually do not have "much to report"...
For some months I had asked how could I attribute a demo-song to a style that I have bought or created myself (the new created style apears of course in your Style picker once you re-built it, but no demo song is available when you want to press the "demo song"button).
You have to load the style and then "open" the song (if you know where it is stored)
At the time when I asked the forum I did not get an answer I could work with...

So I had to find it out by myself!
This I have done and this is how it works:

- You have imported or created a new style: NICE.STY

- The style is now in your file "BB" (has to be), you have re-built the list and you have now (generally under "other styles found" NICE.STY apearing (with a greyed Demo-song button))

- You open the song that you want to relate to the style (or you create it)

- You save the song under BB (has to be) with the same name as the style: NICE.MGU

- Voila! Next time you click on the style the Demo Song button reacts and loads NICE.MGU in the NICE.STY.
It is amazing to see that (most of the time) with this BiB, there is a way...!

Hope it helps all bozos like me outside...

Bernard

#110551 - 04/04/11 01:04 PM Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Good tip. Thanks.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#110552 - 04/04/11 02:58 PM Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
Bernard Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Germany/France
Hello Matt,

Have you already tried it???

Bernard

#110553 - 04/04/11 04:07 PM Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
No, but I had read this before, years ago. It looks correct.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#110554 - 04/05/11 05:59 AM Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
Bernard, your method is OK. To make it twork, the demo song (ABC.mgu) must have the save name as the style (ABC.STY). Furthermore, you can create in BIAB a special directory where you will put all your demo songs related to your own user styles. That is convenient to get all your demo songs in the same place and it adds some clarity in BIAB directory.

#110555 - 02/15/12 04:35 AM Re: Demo Song [Re: John-Luke]
davispolk Offline

Loc: USA
These are excellent tips. Thanks for sharing this...

#110556 - 04/22/12 11:20 AM Re: Demo Song [Re: davispolk]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
+1
Though I don't need this now, I hope to remember it later when I do need it.

Thanks for posting!

#110557 - 04/22/12 02:09 PM Re: Demo Song [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

I always wondered how, thanks!

PG Music News
Hurry - Only 2 Days Left for Xtra Styles PAK Savings!

Time is running out! Until August 31, 2016 we are offering Special Pricing on the All Xtra Styles PAK 1... it's only $29! (regular price: $49)

We are also offering a bundle of the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & the 49-PAK for only $49 during the month of August! (a $98 value!)

Learn more about Xtra Styles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

The Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends August 31st!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs special ends on August 31st!

Until then, you can purchase all 164 new RealStyles for only $29! Or, purchase all the Xtra Styles and the 49-PAK for the limited-time low price of $49 - this purchase option is only available during our special!

Demos and purchase options are available here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Have you already received your new Xtra Styles? Check out the Xtra Styles Song Contest we're running right now! You could win $150 PG "Bucks"!

JAWS Script for Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows!

If you are a Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows user and require the use of JAWS Screen Reader, we have news! The recently released Band-in-a-Box 2016 patch update includes the latest JAWs script!

Among the many Fixes and Additions with this patch update, the following will be applied to your Band-in-a-Box 2016 when installed:
"Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.

You can download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows update patch at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#436

If you don't have the latest JAWS scripts for Band-in-a-Box, you can download them here.

New Forum - Help! Tech S.O.S. (Off topic)

Have you ever had a tech question regarding computer related or music equipment issues, and didn't know where to post on our forum? Well, now you do! We've created a new forum called Help! Tech S.O.S. where you can post your problems and request assistance.

This will be a great forum to post to when you need assistance that doesn't have to do with our products. A few examples of posts that would be shared here include:
- my guitar sound has a buzz when I plugin to my guitar
- which type of guitar strings are best for a telecaster?
- my iPhone won't charge -why?
- what's a good set of home speakers for a living room.
- should I buy an android or iPhone?
- what's a good entry level saxophone to buy?
- is a 4K TV worth it?

Tell Us Your Favorite Features in Band-in-a-Box & RealBand

Are there features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand that you absolutely love? Let your voice be heard - post about these to our new forum My Favorite Things!

This new forum is also a great place to review the features that other program users love - you never know... you may learn something new about the program, and have your "favorite list" grow too!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest for Band-in-a-Box

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK for Band-in-a-Box 2016, make sure you enter the Xtra Styles Contest that we are running until September 30th! We have one prize for each category: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter. The winners will receive $150 US "PG Bucks" for a future Band-in-a-Box purchase!

Entering the contest is easy! Learn more about the contest, including how to submit your song, here!

We will announce the winners in October!

Xtra Styles PAKs Special Pricing - There's Still Time!

Attention all Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition customers!!!

If you haven't purchased your All Xtra Styles PAK yet, there's still time to enjoy our special pricing of just $29! This price is available until August 31st - more information is available at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

What will you get?
164 NEW RealStyles, created using the RealTracks & RealDrums from the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

What genres are available?
Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer Songwriter.

What is the special pricing?
$29 for all of 'em! (regular price: $49)
PLUS... we're offering a special bundle price during August: the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle for $49! (this is a $98 value!!!)

Why are we bundling these Xtra Styles with a 49-PAK during our special?
There are a handful of RealStyles within the new Xtra Styles which require the 49-PAK in order to work. If you purchased any UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition during our December/January special, it would not have included the 49-PAK.

If you don't have the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition you can purchase your copy here - any of these purchases will include the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK during the month of August!

Forum Stats
25076 Members
44 Forums
40917 Topics
327396 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
JBK, Bassically, pater ursus, DVHayes, DanielCH

25076 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 185
VideoTrack 160