You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#110550 - 04/04/11 12:17 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Demo Song
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Germany/France
I am following regularly the forum, find it generally interesting but do not participate regularly because I usually do not have "much to report"...
For some months I had asked how could I attribute a demo-song to a style that I have bought or created myself (the new created style apears of course in your Style picker once you re-built it, but no demo song is available when you want to press the "demo song"button).
You have to load the style and then "open" the song (if you know where it is stored)
At the time when I asked the forum I did not get an answer I could work with...

So I had to find it out by myself!
This I have done and this is how it works:

- You have imported or created a new style: NICE.STY

- The style is now in your file "BB" (has to be), you have re-built the list and you have now (generally under "other styles found" NICE.STY apearing (with a greyed Demo-song button))

- You open the song that you want to relate to the style (or you create it)

- You save the song under BB (has to be) with the same name as the style: NICE.MGU

- Voila! Next time you click on the style the Demo Song button reacts and loads NICE.MGU in the NICE.STY.
It is amazing to see that (most of the time) with this BiB, there is a way...!

Hope it helps all bozos like me outside...

Bernard

#110551 - 04/04/11 01:04 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Good tip. Thanks.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#110552 - 04/04/11 02:58 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Germany/France
Hello Matt,

Have you already tried it???

Bernard

#110553 - 04/04/11 04:07 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
No, but I had read this before, years ago. It looks correct.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#110554 - 04/05/11 05:59 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
Bernard, your method is OK. To make it twork, the demo song (ABC.mgu) must have the save name as the style (ABC.STY). Furthermore, you can create in BIAB a special directory where you will put all your demo songs related to your own user styles. That is convenient to get all your demo songs in the same place and it adds some clarity in BIAB directory.

#110555 - 02/15/12 04:35 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: John-Luke]
davispolk Offline

Loc: USA
These are excellent tips. Thanks for sharing this...

#110556 - 04/22/12 11:20 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: davispolk]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
+1
Though I don't need this now, I hope to remember it later when I do need it.

Thanks for posting!

#110557 - 04/22/12 02:09 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

I always wondered how, thanks!

PG Music News
Announcing the Winners of the Xtra Styles Song Contest!

We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

The Complete List of Xtra Styles Song Contest Entries

Listen to all of the songs submitted for the Xtra Styles Song Contest! We have organized the entries by category, listing alphabetically by song title - Click here to view the list.

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You!

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you:

"I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!"
-John S.

"Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the Banjo still worked. Unbelievable Software! All the backup band you will ever need no matter what your skill level!"
-Tom C.

"Like lots of others I use it all the time, putting in the chords of a tune, choosing the right style and tempo is a godsend, I'm a jazz musician and playing tunes and improvising with chords in front of you is brilliant, less than an hour ago I was playing my tenor sax along with my Band-in-a-Box backing band."
-Barrie M.

"I love Band-in-a-Box! I use it every day to practice, compose, and teach guitar lessons. Keep up the great work, PG!"
-Brian P.

"A Great business....a great program and a fantastic way to easily create your own songs....or backing tracks to play along with.....a program that everyone should get...."
-Leonard A.

"Band-in-a-Box has been one of my favorite programs since it first came out. Wonderful concept, very well executed."
-Doug S.

"Amazing Software. Use it all the time. Makes very convincing backing tracks!!!"
-Paul P.

Thank you everyone!

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Article - How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box®

Listen to the SoundCloud account for forum user Buford, and you'll see that has written and uploaded more than 20 songs!

Want to know his secret? Check out his recent blog post: How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box, which he was nice enough to share to our Songwriting Forum - Thanks Bob!

Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Forum Stats
26318 Members
50 Forums
47155 Topics
383860 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
gentilfranky, kakus, PartyLineLimo, vitamixlabs NY, Stanciucu

26318 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 174
VideoTrack 152