You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#110550 - 04/04/11 12:17 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Demo Song
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Germany/France
I am following regularly the forum, find it generally interesting but do not participate regularly because I usually do not have "much to report"...
For some months I had asked how could I attribute a demo-song to a style that I have bought or created myself (the new created style apears of course in your Style picker once you re-built it, but no demo song is available when you want to press the "demo song"button).
You have to load the style and then "open" the song (if you know where it is stored)
At the time when I asked the forum I did not get an answer I could work with...

So I had to find it out by myself!
This I have done and this is how it works:

- You have imported or created a new style: NICE.STY

- The style is now in your file "BB" (has to be), you have re-built the list and you have now (generally under "other styles found" NICE.STY apearing (with a greyed Demo-song button))

- You open the song that you want to relate to the style (or you create it)

- You save the song under BB (has to be) with the same name as the style: NICE.MGU

- Voila! Next time you click on the style the Demo Song button reacts and loads NICE.MGU in the NICE.STY.
It is amazing to see that (most of the time) with this BiB, there is a way...!

Hope it helps all bozos like me outside...

Bernard

#110551 - 04/04/11 01:04 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Good tip. Thanks.
BIAB 2017 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#110552 - 04/04/11 02:58 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
Bernard Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Germany/France
Hello Matt,

Have you already tried it???

Bernard

#110553 - 04/04/11 04:07 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Bernard]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
No, but I had read this before, years ago. It looks correct.
BIAB 2017 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#110554 - 04/05/11 05:59 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Matt Finley]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
Bernard, your method is OK. To make it twork, the demo song (ABC.mgu) must have the save name as the style (ABC.STY). Furthermore, you can create in BIAB a special directory where you will put all your demo songs related to your own user styles. That is convenient to get all your demo songs in the same place and it adds some clarity in BIAB directory.

#110555 - 02/15/12 04:35 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: John-Luke]
davispolk Offline

Loc: USA
These are excellent tips. Thanks for sharing this...

#110556 - 04/22/12 11:20 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: davispolk]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
+1
Though I don't need this now, I hope to remember it later when I do need it.

Thanks for posting!

#110557 - 04/22/12 02:09 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Demo Song [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

I always wondered how, thanks!

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Blog - How I Am Using Band-in-a-Box to Learn to Play by Ear

Check out Joanne Cooper's October blog post: How I am using Band-in-a-Box to learn to play by ear!

Thank you for sharing this Joanne!

Woodshedding with Band-in-a-Box® #TrainYourBrainDay

Don't let the Woodshedding feature in Band-in-a-Box® pass you by - it's a great way to hone your musical skills! The Woodshedding feature within Band-in-a-Box is easily accessed within the Practice toolbar of the program. Change the settings to fit your needs... the idea is that you start off with a slow tempo, playing the part perfectly, and keep this up as the song tempo increases - what a great way to learn!

We added 12-Key "Woodshedding" RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2017! These have been recording in all 12 keys, so you can see what a pro would play over an Ab chord, and you won't see them play on a G transposed up to an Ab, and carefully transcribed notation, with correct bend/hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides...

We have made some of these for country guitar (Brent Mason), piano (Mike Rojas), and pedal steel (Eddy Dunlap) with RealTracks Set 254!

We even have a Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Forum where you can post anything to do with learning to play any musical instrument (including vocals)!

#TBT - YouTube Find: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers (Math with Marty!)

Learn a little history about Band-in-a-Box and Peter Gannon when you check out this blast-from-the-past YouTube video: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers.

What a great find!

Forum Stats
26488 Members
50 Forums
47871 Topics
390762 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Hippy Jim, haigashod, Claudio Goldfarb, Rantis, gregg_2211

26488 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 164