You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#113049 - 04/30/11 10:57 AM Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format
Verdens Mindste Big Band Offline

Loc: Danmark
Hej, Jeg sidder og vil gerne bearbejde et akkompagnement der er lavet på nodesystemet Primus. Dette kan exportere i XML fil, og den vil jeg så arbejse videre med i BiBo. Er der nogle der har et godt tips?
Nodeprogrammet kan også eksprotere i MIDI, men jeg ved ikke om jeg gør noget forkert, for det fungerer ikke som jeg gerne vil... importerer mine akkorder samt mine noder...

#113050 - 05/01/11 12:13 AM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: Verdens Mindste Big Band]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Hello. Google Translate says that your post is asking if you can export from some other software into BIAB by XML. No. At this time, XML is not supported by BIAB.

I think you also said your software can export a MIDI file and you want to import the chords and music into BIAB. Yes, you can import any MIDI notes into BIAB but no, unfortunately, the MIDI standard does not support chords.

BIAB does have a function called Audio Chord Wizard that can help you guess what the chords are. If you already know them, you can just enter them into BIAB on top of the MIDI notes you import.

#113051 - 05/04/11 12:25 PM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: Matt Finley]
redguitars Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
Live long and prosper, Matt.
Wayne,

#113052 - 05/04/11 01:57 PM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: redguitars]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Hi Wayne. Thanks. Can you read Danish, and did I get this one right?

#113053 - 05/04/11 04:03 PM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Hi, Matt -

Based on being half Norwegian (well, it's been a long time), you got it pretty close. The Norwegian and Danish written language is pretty close. I find I can read Danish, but not so much Swedish; but I can often understand a spoken Swedish, but not spoken Danish.

My translation (from memory, so I imagine I'll get a bunch wrong) is:

Hej, Jeg sidder og vil gerne bearbejde et akkompagnement der er lavet på nodesystemet Primus. Dette kan exportere i XML fil, og den vil jeg så arbejse videre med i BiBo. Er der nogle der har et godt tips?
Nodeprogrammet kan også eksprotere i MIDI, men jeg ved ikke om jeg gør noget forkert, for det fungerer ikke som jeg gerne vil... importerer mine akkorder samt mine noder...

"Hey, I am sitting and would like to make an accompaniment that was created in the notation program Primus. It can export in XML file format, and I would like to take that and work with it further in BIAB. Are there some good tips there? The notation program can also export in MIDI, but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, because it doesn't function like I want it to - to import my chords along with my notes."

I got the sense that he wants to export from his notation program into BIAB with both chords and notes, so your answer is correct; however, if the notation is chordal in nature, the BIAB can figure out the chords based on the MIDI input.

I love his moniker: Verdens Mindste Big Band

That's translated to the "World's Smallest Big Band".

#113054 - 05/04/11 04:12 PM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: jford]
jford Offline
Veteran

By the way, PriMus is a notation program I had not heard of. It looks like it's a German program. They have a button for English on their web site Columbus Soft, but only parts are in English. Looks like they have two versions - PriMus Classic (169 Euros) and PriMus (349 Euros).

#113055 - 05/04/11 09:53 PM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Thanks, John. I didn't want to comment on Primus.

I also love his name. Very creative.

#113056 - 05/05/11 02:43 PM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: Matt Finley]
Jan Romanoff Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Jford

Your translation is very accurate !

Jan

#113057 - 05/05/11 04:20 PM Re: Importere noder/akkompagnement i XML format [Re: Jan Romanoff]
jford Offline
Veteran

Thanks, Jan - don't know if I'll always get it right, but I figure I might as well try. Hopefully it will help someone.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Video Support Pages - Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks and More!

Whether you're looking for a video demonstration of Band-in-a-Box or Tips & Tricks for all those features, there's a video for you!
Visit our Video Support Page to see all the videos we have to offer!

These are also available on our YouTube Channel.

Stay in Touch With Us on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

If you're looking for some tips on how to quickly replace specific chords or chord types with other chords in Band-in-a-Box, make sure you watch this video: http://youtu.be/XR1YTaKU8QA

Share Your Songs on Our User Showcase Forum!

Have you created a song using Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks Pro Audio? Share it on our User Showcase Forum - that way all of our Forum Users can enjoy your song!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Do you have the English version and would prefer a different language? Contact us with your request!

RealTracks Artist Artist Gary Smulyan December Performances

Gary Smulyan has some upcoming performances for December!
Dec 1: New Brunswick, NJ
Dec 2: Northampton, MA
Dec 5: Concert with Phill Woods at Syracuse University
Dec 6: Auburn, NY

Visit http://garysmulyan.com and click on tour for more information.

Forum Stats
22260 Members
38 Forums
30933 Topics
246152 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
darchtop, music home, testrharv, trombonestone, Cochlain

22259 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 157
seeker 129