Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi,
I am using the free version of SampleTank 3 and have acquired loads of instruments on dvd's.

I have installed the instruments and the installation procedure has been completed successfully.

I have checked the ST3 manual and the instruments are installed on the correct directory i.e. C:/user/documents/IKM/Sampletank 3 , but doing a scan from the GUI doesn't detect anything. I have pointed the GUI to the correct directory where the instruments are installed, but nothing.
I get the same result whether I use ST3 as a stand alone player or from within BIAB.

I also have JBridge purchased and installed.

Anyone got any ideas on what I am missing? Really frustrating.

BTW, ST2.5 works fine.

Al

BIAB 2017 Everything, RB 2017
Lenovo All-in-One. i5, 8gb Ram, 1 TB SHDD, Windows 10
Presonus AudioBox,Studio One 3, Behringer Xenyx302,
M-Audio Axiom 61, Samson Graphite 49.
Lenove Flex 15, i3,Windows 10
Veteran
Veteran
Hmmmm....I assume you are running a 64 bit system as ST3 is 64 bit only? What's odd is that my ST3 program is installed in "Program Files, IK Multimedia, SampleTank3" not under "User, Documents".

If you go to the subdirectory labeled as "Samples" in the IK Multimedia folder, can you actually see the samples there? There should be folders labeled as "Acoustic Drums", "Bass" etc. In those subdirectories, can you see the actual folders of samples. The samples would be labeled with a .bak such as "Alt Rock Kit.bak"

In the ST3 stand along interface, not the VSTi interface, click on the little gear on the top right of the GUI. Be sure to point the "disk path" at your sound samples (the directory labeled as "Samples")

Let us know..

CORRECTION...Hold on a minute....I just reread your post...you're using the free version of ST3. If I remember correctly, I don't think that version can play any other samples other than the ones that are included with it.

Jeff

Last edited by MountainSide; 10/30/15 01:06 AM.

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks Mountainside,
On installing the instruments, the default directory was ..documents/ etc. and that was what was suggested in the manual.
I did as you suggested but nothing was found after pressing the scan button in the GUI.

I also clicked the padlock and it came up with a message saying that it is permanently fully functional with the serial number listed.

Your comment regarding only being able to play instruments that are provided with the free version can be played is also a mystery as no instruments at all are showing.

I think I might uninstall every thing and start again, I don't see any other options at the moment, but thanks again for your suggestions.

Al

Last edited by ovation99; 10/30/15 01:29 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
If ALL those instruments are older ST2/2.5 format, ST 3 won't "see" them you will need to "Import Legacy Instruments" (little scroll item next to "INFO" on bottom left.

HOWEVER, I fairly certain that the FREE version of ST 3 will allow you to import ST 2/2.5 stuff (for obvious reasons)

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi Larry,
No, they are all ST3 instruments.

I have given it a rest for the moment as it's so frustrating and have gone back to ST2.5 for the moment.

Thanks anyway

Al

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I am having one hell of a bad day folks...

Having given up on ST3 and deciding to use ST2.5 (I also have lots of ST2 instruments) everytime I use it within BIAB, it tell me that my grace period of 10 days has expired.
Yet I have activated it in stand alone mode and I don't get that message and it works fine.
But in BIAB, I can't save anything because my 10 days are up !!

Any ideas guys.....please !!

Al

Veteran
Veteran
Re-install ST3, open it and check the file path. I believe it has public/user etc in it. If any one of those are missing, it will NOT load an instrument.

I just did this today and took a screen capture of the routing path in the settings area after the re-installation. Everything loaded correctly and ST3 worked fine.

Good luck,

Trax

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
Re-install ST3, open it and check the file path. I believe it has public/user etc in it. If any one of those are missing, it will NOT load an instrument.

Hi muzic Trax,
You were right about the directory structure path. I managed to load the instruments and they all showed up in the database after it was refreeshed.

However, as Mountainside said, they will not play within the free version of ST3,
Which means I've got all those instruments that I can't use unless I purchase the fully functional program.

So will stick with ST2.5 for the moment until funds and the Mrs will allow.

Thanks to all for your useful responses.

Al

Veteran
Veteran
So you have ST 3 formatted instruments? But you do not have ST 3 full?

Did you mistakenly buy the wrong libraries?

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Yes, I was told that they would work on the free version. Trouble was it was a friend of a friend etc.
You get what you pay for.
C'est la vie...or something similar !!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,734
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197