You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#115785 - 06/01/11 06:57 PM Surf Style Real Drums
Frank Alves Offline
Apprentice

I recall hearing and example either on the PG website or in this Forum of some Surf Rock music with the characteristc drum rhythm pattern that you often hear on early Surf Rock instrumentals. However, I can't recall what Real Drums were used. Anyone?

Thanks for you help.

Frank

#115786 - 06/01/11 07:21 PM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: Frank Alves]
Rachael Offline
Expert

In the StylePicker, search for Surf. There are several styles with RDs there.

R

#115787 - 06/02/11 07:38 AM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: Rachael]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

That was me that did that. I made an add on for the Nashville Even 8 RealDrums. Download the .zip file and save it. Now do this:
1. In the RD folder make a new folder called SURF
2. unzip the the file you DL into this SURF folder.
3. Rebuild the RD picker--You should now see a SURF RD style
4. In the song use Nash Even 8
5. On a separate track use the Surf RD
Now you'll have the added beat on the & before the 3
SURF RealDrums
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#115788 - 06/05/11 08:39 AM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Well did it work for you?
15.6" Monitor

#115789 - 06/06/11 10:52 AM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: silvertones]
Frank Alves Offline
Apprentice

Hi John,

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I haven't modified RT's in the past, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for your help.

Frank

#115790 - 06/06/11 12:09 PM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: Frank Alves]
percy Offline
Journeyman

John was nice enough to create that surf drum rhythm for me last year. Since the December upgrade, the BB style, POPCAL2 incorporates that beat. It's RD PopCalypso^6, which I use a lot and I think it's what you want.

Percy

#115791 - 06/06/11 03:33 PM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: percy]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Hey Percy,
Them dirty dogs. I'll have to check that out.
15.6" Monitor

#115792 - 06/06/11 03:38 PM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Sure enough is.Nice one too!I'll never remember the name so I'm going to copy and paste this one and rename it "SURF". The odd thing though is I searched for fun at the surf styles and none of them use this RD. Weird.

Edited by silvertones (06/06/11 03:46 PM)
15.6" Monitor

#115793 - 06/07/11 01:04 AM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: silvertones]
FrankK Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sydney,NSW,Australia
Thanks for that tip re the “Surf” style drumming silvertones and percy !.

I have also just put on the wish list for an Atlantics drum and rhythm and bass style as shown in the following clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_CttIV7VY

This group used a similar rolling drum beat at the start of ‘Bombora’ for a number of other hits so its not a “one off” and could be used elsewhere.

It brings back fond memories of my surfing days here in Oz.

#115794 - 06/07/11 07:13 AM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: FrankK]
percy Offline
Journeyman

So the surf style you need is ala 'Wipeout' rather than the 8th notes snare on the second beat. As an option, a 'Wipeout' midi file might have that rolling drum beat.

Percy.

#115795 - 06/07/11 11:19 AM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: percy]
Frank Alves Offline
Apprentice

The RD PopCalypso^6 was what I remember hearing. Now its time to turn up the reverb and pullout my old Ventures book.

Thanks for all the help.

Frank

#115796 - 06/07/11 05:39 PM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: percy]
FrankK Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sydney,NSW,Australia
Quote:

So the surf style you need is ala 'Wipeout' rather than the 8th notes snare on the second beat. As an option, a 'Wipeout' midi file might have that rolling drum beat.

Percy.

Yes. as in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5D07c0dJuQ

Know of any available drum pattern? or midi file?

Cheers you surfy rockers

#115797 - 06/07/11 06:00 PM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: FrankK]
percy Offline
Journeyman

I don't know what's going on. I'm getting my Franks mixed up!

Percy

#115798 - 06/08/11 01:37 PM Re: Surf Style Real Drums [Re: percy]
David Walker Offline
Apprentice

If you search the web for Ventures midi files you find 69 of the Ventures hottest songs that can be imported into RB or BB. Some of them have the surf style you are looking for and its freeeeee.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Purchase jBridge for Only $10!

One of the exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is support for 64-bit VST Plugins when you use jBridge.

You can purchase jBridge for just $10 during our special! Click here for more information.

Load and Play Videos with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to load videos that you have already downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere into Band-in-a-Box Video Window. The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track!
Watch program creator Peter Gannon explain this new feature here.

Introducing RealTracks Artist Mike Moreno - Upcoming Shows!

Mike Moreno is a Jazz guitarist recognized as being one of the most important figures in the new generation of Jazz guitarists! He's also a busy man - not only will you find his work in our newest Jazz RealTracks Sets 215-216, you'll also find him performing throughout January! For a complete list of his upcoming performances, visit http://www.mikemoreno.com/shows.html

NEW! Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 Update

The Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 update is a free update for every Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows user! Click here to download.
** Major feature added **
Save as Video.
Now you can save your Band-in-a-Box song composition as a video, that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs. Just press the [Save as] button and choose 'Save as Video'. The 'video' portion is the chordsheet in Band-in-a-Box that shows the chords and a highlighted bar moving as the song plays. Song title and song info displays at the top of the window. For example, you can make a backing track for a cool chord progression, and upload it to YouTube for others to play along to. Do a visual transpose and upload a second version for Bb tenor sax players.

This patch also includes:

• Fixed: When no mp3 codecs were available and render was chosen to mp3, program was sometimes locking up.

• Fixed: Icon changed for 2015 new features in some menus.

• Fixed: Most HiQ instruments have been updated - fixed tuning problems and one sustained note problem.

• Improved: RT207 - A new RT - Horn Section, Rhythm, Funk 2-part, Ev 110 (Simple with Space) adds space between riffs and sounds more like a background style.

• Fixed: RT 208 Rockabilly - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 209 Baritone Sax - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 210 Motown - Style Demos Audio added, some song demos updated.

• Fixed: RT 211 Motown - Demo fixed.

• Fixed: RT 212 Synths - RealStyle and demos added for Synth, ElectroFlutes, Rhythm Pop Ev 085

• Fixed: RT 216 Jazz Pollwinners - updated/fixed demos and styles.

• Fixed: Audiophile version crash when a specific P&W holds file was used.

• Updated: StylePicker list updates for new styles.

• Updated: Documentation and help file updates.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows Hard Drive!

The pre-installed hard drive option for the Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK and Audiophile Edition packages are a convenient way to purchase your Band-in-a-Box! These options are delivered completely pre-installed on a high-speed USB 2.0 HD!

Taking your Band-in-a-Box with you is easy when you have the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK or Audiophile Edition.

Listen to Demos of 101 NEW RealTracks!

With the recent release of Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows, we also released 101 NEW RealTracks! There are 33 new Jazz, 32 new Country and 36 new Pop-Rock RealTracks!
Learn more about the 101 new RealTracks for Windows in Sets 206-227 and listen to their demos here: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.101newrealtracks.htm

Get all 101 new Realtracks when you purchase the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, Audiophile Edition or PlusPAK Upgrade! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Customers LOVE the New Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

Here's what they're saying:
"Band-in-a-Box 2015 has the best new features EVER! Happy, happy!"..."The evolution of this program is nothing short of spectacular!"..."OMG! There are some very cool new features and some awesome new RealTracks! This is going to be a Very Merry Christmas for me!"…"You gotta love it!"…"This is a wonderful program!"…"Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are such amazing programs!"…"I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas - thanks PG!"..."Superb software!"..."I'm very excited as usual about this awesome PRODUCT."…"It's a GEM!"…"Unbelievable!" …"Band-in-a-Box is a great tool with the power and openness of RealBand, creation is accessible to all!"…"This is the BEST track backup program I have heard!"…"I'm constantly blown away by what this program is capable of!"…

Forum Stats
22394 Members
39 Forums
31703 Topics
251433 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
lizziehemsneth, mark davis, gwp99, jdavemac, awptimus

22392 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 278
Noel96 251