You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#118030 - 06/26/11 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Back home... A story of a young man i know. (in demo track form)
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: south wales UK
http://soundcloud.com/jakeyh/back-home-1
The backbone of this demo is Realband. work in progress....copyright ©Pikes productions 2011

Posted a few times on the forums, but this is my first post in the user tracks cat... as i said just a first generation demo with realband supplying the bass, accoustic, drums and piano. thanks and hope you like the idea. Ade. Ps I should add this was mixed on headphones so it will prob sound better on a pair of cans..

Edited by pikeyh (06/26/11 11:27 AM)

#118031 - 06/26/11 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Back home... A story of a young man i know. (in demo track form) [Re: pikeyh]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

I like this. Really nice change up in the bridge and ending. And the harmonies are really nice.

The only thing is I had a hard time hearing the lyrics - could be me with allergies acting out - but I'm listening through headphones. I can hear the lead vocal but it's low in the mix to me even with the volume cranked up. Maybe some other ears will chime in on that.

Laugh often and love much.

#118032 - 06/26/11 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Back home... A story of a young man i know. (in demo track form) [Re: Sundance]
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for your comments as i say its just the first demo to rough out the track, i should have a better one in a week or so. thanks once again for your comments. Ade

#118033 - 06/26/11 04:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Back home... A story of a young man i know. (in demo track form) [Re: pikeyh]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
I'd like to second Josie's comments, nice song with great voxs. I liked the ear candy as well!
The mix sounds congested though, I think it's the crunch guitar work which being in the centre of the soundstage is acting as a bed, so it mishmoshes with other components. I'm not saying it shouldn't be there, but I'd try panning the rhythm guitar parts hard left and right to get them out of the way of the vocals?
BIAB 2017
Sonar Platinum
Studio One 3

#118034 - 06/26/11 04:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Back home... A story of a young man i know. (in demo track form) [Re: Skyline]
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

again thanks for the comments its just that these songs are not mixed at all i have just pushed some faders up with a little editing and a bit of effect on a thing or two. i will try to post some decent mixes over the next week or so, you can critique these till your hearts content. ha ha ha thanks again Ade.

#118035 - 06/28/11 05:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Back home... A story of a young man i know. (in demo track form) [Re: pikeyh]
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Dont know if anyone thinks these tracks are a bit "rocky" for the forum, as i see most of the tracks are a bit more mellow. anybody want to chime in on this?....Ade

#118036 - 06/29/11 04:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Back home... A story of a young man i know. (in demo track form) [Re: pikeyh]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
No, I don't think they're too rocky at all, Ade.

BIAB and BIAB users come in all shades and that's a good thing. Ok, the software's styles are more weighted in the direction of older styles of jazz reflecting the background of the progenitors of BIAB, and Country gets the second largest look-in. But rock and blues are catered for as well (some more rock/pop styles are always welcome...)

When I use BIAB to provide say, keyboard parts for my songs I often audition lots of styles alien to the particular genre of my song as quite often I find something that fits just nicely. For example, even a 'Worship' MIDI piano part, maybe edited a tad, maybe not, can be just the thing for a piano part in a rock ballad. (I once heard Elton John explaining some of his writing techniques and he said that sometimes if he was stuck he'd play some chords from hymns to give him another angle to go forward with.)

I like to check out all the contributions here and really enjoy well-made and original tracks of all kinds even if the particular style isn't my thing. This is also a place to share knowhow on recording, lyric writing, arranging, etc. and I like to think I give constructive feedback on these areas. This is sometimes a difficult one of course, as on rare occasions constructive criticism isn't all that welcome when someone might wrongly interpret a polite, helpful comment as a barb. That's rare though, and besides, I think it would be disingenuous of me to give full blown praise and not mention when there is an aspect of a track preventing it from being significantly better. Also, I always try to bear in mind that people can be at various stages of learning the black arts of home recording between newbie and expert, and different sorts of comment are appropriate.

I also find it extremely helpful to have another set of ears check out my own efforts in case it illuminates something that can be improved but which I'd overlooked because I was right up close to the painting at the time!

After all that - feel free to rock on to your heart's content! If you check out my songs you'll find a mixture of the mellow and not so mellow.

John
BIAB 2017
Sonar Platinum
Studio One 3

PG Music News
Holiday Hours - Memorial Day (USA)

Monday, May 29th is Memorial Day in the United States.

Since we are located in Canada, this will not affect our hours of operation.

Customer Service:
6:00AM PST to 7:00PM PST

Technical Support:
10:00AM PST to 5:00 PST

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Build 175 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac customers can install the latest patch update (Build 286) here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2017_175

Summary of changes:
Added: The RealTracks Settings dialog now has a choice of low/medium/high for Elastique stretching quality, instead of just high quality on or off (high quality disabled meant medium).
Fixed: The "Select Hi-Q MIDI Patch Plugin" menu item should be available to the Melody, Soloist, and Thru tracks.
Fixed: Audio Unit plugins would be erased from the exclude list while booting up Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Plugins on the Thru track should not be removed when loading a style or song.
Fixed: Sforzando and Amplitube should not be listed in the Plugins dialog unless they are installed.
Fixed: Keyboard input might stop working after using the Preferences dialog.
Fixed: Clicking on a mixer piano would send the event to the default synth, rather than the plugin on that track.
Fixed: Options > Return to Factory Settings... would cause various problems (eg. the chord sheet would be squished to the left)

Get Inspired with Band-in-a-Box® Radio!

Are you new to Band-in-a-Box and interested in hearing what other program users are creating with the program? Visit our Band-in-a-Box® Radio page! www.pgmusic.com/bbradio.htm

Here you can shuffle through all of the User Showcase songs that are shared on SoundCloud without ever leaving our website. Categories include: Recent, Featured, Country & Folk (1, 2), Jazz (1, 2), Rock & Pop (1, 2), and Song Requests.

Like what you hear? Each song playing includes a link to the original forum post, so you can leave a comment if you'd like! Found an artist you want to hear more from? There is also an option to visit the Artist SoundCloud page!

Want to share your own Band-in-a-Box creations? Make sure to post them to our User Showcase Forum!

Time is Running Out! Act Now for Special Pricing for the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand!

We're offering all three volumes of the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand! for the special price of $29 - Offer Ends May 31st! (reg: $49)

Watch the trailer...

Quinn has not only mastered Celtic guitar (he did so at a very young age), he is also an expert on jazz and gypsy guitar! Quinn is a great teacher, and knows all the theory and terminology to describe what he is teaching. These videos included in the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series are highly recommended. There are 3 volumes, each one hour long ($19 per volume). Quinn cover techniques, chord theory, voicings and walks you through 17 "must-know" tunes. This is for the intermediate-advanced guitarist, and covers Celtic guitar styles (some folk and old-time covered as well).

Learn more & order it for Mac here.

Learn more & order it for Windows here.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK

Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac purchase to receive ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, and 59 Re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks for just $49!

Listen to the Demo files for the Bonus RealTracks, and learn more about the MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, and Rediscovered RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks when you visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm

Attention Mac Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Audiophile Customers! If you purchase your 49-PAK at the same time as your Audiophile Upgrade purchase, we'll make sure you receive the AIFF files for the 24 additional RealTracks pre-installed to the Audiophile hard drive!

Video - Vonus 49-PAK Overview

YouTube Find - Morning Morning, Featuring Band-in-a-Box®!

YouTube user harddaysnite recently shared an original tune created using Band-in-a-Box®... and it sounds INCREDIBLE!

YouTube Video - Morning Morning

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac - Special Upgrade Pricing Until May 31, 2017!

On April 20 we released Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac with over 80 new features, 202 New RealTracks, and more!

To celebrate this release, we are offering special pricing on Upgrade packages (up to 50% off!) until May 31st!

Find the upgrade package for you when you visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Forum Stats
25995 Members
49 Forums
45803 Topics
372299 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
anatoliy061, billyboms, KrispinAardvark, SUGA, John Kotches

25995 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 230
Al-David 191