Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Upgrading from 2009 version to 2009.5

If you are an existing 2009 Band-in-a-Box customer, here is a summary of your options available for getting the 2009.5 upgrade, and none/some or all of the 101 new RealTracks.

==================================

1. (free) You can upgrade your 2009 version to 2009.5 version free... link here
Band-in-a-Box 2009.5 update (from 2009 version) http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#284
RealBand 2009.5 update (from 2009 version) http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_realband.htm#2009_4
-- if you want to get some or all of the new 101 RealTracks
The 101 RealTracks are split into 3 groups (called RealPaks), which are named Jazz 2, Country 2, Rock 2

2. $59 (DVD) you can buy a RealPAK for your preferred genre (Jazz 2, Country 2, or Rock 2). Those come on DVD. You install them to your existing Band-in-a-Box installation, either on you hard drive, or the external USB hard drive. These also include the 2009.5 upgrade from 2009. To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/realpaks.htm

3. $99 (DVD) you can buy all 3 of the RealPAKS - all 101 new Realtracks on DVD's. (Jazz 2, Country 2, AND Rock 2). Those come on DVD. You install them to your existing Band-in-a-Box installation, either on you hard drive, or the external USB hard drive. These also include the 2009.5 upgrade from 2009. To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/winmacpluspak.htm

4. $149 (UltraPlus Hard Drive - 160GB). If you already have 2009 UltraPAK or 2009 Everything PAK, on DVD or Hard drive, you qualify for the UltraPlus Hard drive at $149. That is a plug n play ready 160GB hard drive with "the works" - all the new RealTracks (and all the old ones too), as well as a full installation of BB and all the styles.
To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm or phone 1-888-PG-MUSIC

5. $199 (AudioPhile UltraPlus Hard Drive - 1 TB) If you already have an audiophile version, you can update that by getting the new 1TB HD that is loaded with BB, and all the RealTracks, styles etc.
To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm or phone 1-888-PG-MUSIC

-----------------------
These products can be ordered (and downloaded immediately while you wait for the hard copy to come) here... http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Peter,
Can you tell me which sets are in each of the realpaks?
i.e. Is blues in Jazz or Rock

Veteran
Veteran
Rock, ------- Sets 40 to 49, ------- Rock 2 RealPak $59 --- (39 new RealTracks, and new RealDrums)
Jazz, -------Sets 50 to 59, ------- Jazz 2 RealPak $59 --- (29 new RealTracks, and new RealDrums)
Country -------Sets 60 to 66, ------- Country 2 RealPak $59 --- (33 new RealTracks, and new RealDrums)

HTH

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
If I'm just doing the free update, does BIAB 2009.5 update include the Real Band 2009.5 update, or are they to be updated individually?

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

If I'm just doing the free update, does BIAB 2009.5 update include the Real Band 2009.5 update, or are they to be updated individually?

They are updated indiviudally from two separate downloads.

BB for Windows 2009.5 update download

RealBand update is here

PowerTracks 12 also has a recent update located here

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
There's no such thing as a free lunch BUT there are free programme updates for BIAB, RB and PTPA. Of course, you won't get the RT updates for free

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Hi Peter,
I want to do the $199 'audiophile to audiophile' hdd upgrade. I am following the link from your post but it is just taking me to the standard sales page which does not seem to contain this specific offer. Am I missing something or is the offer not yet on the website?

Many thanks

regards, Aubrey

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.
Veteran
Veteran
Aubrey, in another post, Peter said it would take another day or two before this was available on the website.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
W
Wiz Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
W
I own the 2009 ULTRA on usb hard drive (non audiophile) and was considering upgrading to 2009.5 audiophile, seems like a good time to do it...

I contacted support and was told the cost would be 529 USD.....seems really expensive, is that correct.

Seems like a good time for PG to offer customers an incentive to go from non audiophile to audiophile...

cheers

Wiz

Veteran
Veteran

I too was considering upgrading but it’s too expensive for me.

I realise that its PG's software and they can charge what they like, as it’s a great product.

But in these recession days I think most companies would have their eye on the ball and would consider selling more at a reasonable price than less at an expensive price.

Just my personal opinion.

Will wait for December to see if there is a better deal around then.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Expert
Expert
Hi Wiz, The way I read it from Peter's original post is that you are up for $149 but it is not yet shown on the ordering sheet. And maybe the sales staff you spoke to have not been briefed yet.

I am still waiting for a button to order the Audiophile version on a hard drive. I had my credit card ready to do the deal this morning but no button yet, so I'll wait another day. PG Music will have to hope I don't spend all my pocket money before they get their act together.

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Hi Graham,

The button has arrived, and can be found at http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm
($199 audiophile to audiophile update)

Peter

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Expert
Expert
Thanks Peter. Order placed, although there were a couple of mouthpieces at Hickeys that were starting to look pretty good.

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent news.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
P
Apprentice
Apprentice
P
Hi ya all,

I was looking at the upgrade options and I am slightly confused about the "audiophile" hard drive.

1 Am I right in thinking that the "audiophile" is just a normal hard drive that has the realtracks and realdrums in a different file format that makes the sound clearer for the more discerning musician? (Other than the greater hard drive space)

2 If one was to get the normal non "audiophile" from PG Music would it take a long long time to convert all the realtracks and realdrums to the audiophile format?

Many thanks
Paddy

Last edited by pwhack; 08/18/09 12:41 PM.

Paddy McGurk,
Liverpool,
Don't mention the Beatles!!
Veteran
Veteran
I'm not sure from taking your two questions together that you fully understand the difference, so let's try to be very clear, and if I'm mistaken, I apologize in advance.

As I understand it, there are three ways to use Real Tracks:

1) WMA files that are converted on the fly to WAV equivalent. This means the sound of the WAV file generated temporarily is the same as the WMA compressed file. This is the default way that Real Tracks operate.

2) Convert the WMA files in a folder to WAV. Same quality as #1. The benefit is that your Real Tracks will generate a bit faster. The drawback is that the files take up about 10 times as much space.

3) The Audiophile version, WAV files that were never compressed (like the WMA files were), and therefore load fast, sound best, but take up more space like in #2.

So, to your question #1, as far as I know, there is no such thing as audiophile Real Drums, just Real Tracks, and the rest of your question is True.

Your question #2 implies that you can convert non-audiophile to audiophile, and this is False. Perhaps you were just asking how long it takes to uncompress WMA files into the sound-equivalent WAV files? I don't know that answer, because I use the audiophile version and it was a long time ago I did the uncompress operation (before I bought the audiophile version), but I recall it took some serious time to finish.

Veteran
Veteran
The audiophile edition is the original WAV files for RealDrums and RealTracks. The standard format is WMA (Windows Media) compressed files (which can be converted to WAV, but still incurs the hit of the lossy compression).

The WAV file sound of the Audiophile edition is as close to the original as you will get, but it is at the cost of many times the disk space. With the audiophile edition, since you don't have to convert the WMAs when generating the song, the performance is also somewhat faster. Also, you don't end up essentially double compressing the files when you ultimately convert your mixed song to WMA or MP3 (a compressed file that's compressed again loses a lot more fidelity). Most people probably wouldn't notice (since everyone listens to MP3s these days anyway), so it's up to you. The audiophile format will give you the best sound at the expense of a lot of hard disk storage.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
P
Apprentice
Apprentice
P
Thanks Matt and john for your quick replies, which has cleared things up for me.

Thanks again,

Paddy

Paddy McGurk,
Liverpool,
Don't mention the Beatles!!
W
Wiz Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
W
sorry , but I am having trouble figuring out ..

so, I own ultra pak 2009 on USB hard drive...

how much is it for me to upgrade to 2009.5 audiophile

cheers

Wiz

W
Wiz Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
W
Never mind, i just ordered the normal updaate......8)

Wiz

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,392
Posts732,471
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195