Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
Expert
Citaat:

I own the 2009 ULTRA on usb hard drive (non audiophile) and was considering upgrading to 2009.5 audiophile, seems like a good time to do it...

I contacted support and was told the cost would be 529 USD.....seems really expensive, is that correct.

Seems like a good time for PG to offer customers an incentive to go from non audiophile to audiophile...

cheers

Wiz

I own BiaB 2009 everything PAK and had the same question mailed to the salespeople. Though the answer was very quickly returned (great service !), it did find it very strange to see the price I had to pay for the upgrade (US$ 529).
I am most willing to pay for upgrades. And the upgrade to 2009.5 with the new RT's is priced fairly. I also don't mind to pay an additional price for the upgrade from WMA files to the exact same files in WAV.
But $440 seems a bit ridiculous to me! ($529(upgrade 2008 to audiophile)-$99 (upgrade summerpak) = $440 (for upgrading WMA to WAV!)

I would very much like to see a (fairly priced) upgrade option from WMA to WAV.

Still: BiaB is a fantastic and powerfull piece of software, second to none!

By the way: can anyone point me to the differences between SummerplusPAK and the Ultraplus PAK? The only difference to me seems to be the HDD. (that goes for people who allready have the EverythingPAK that is....)

Last edited by Mike sings; 08/25/09 08:41 AM.
Mus Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not shipping for 3-5 business days is that right? Not even for downloads?

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Electronic Delivery (Downloads) have always been available immediately at purchase if you remember to check that option when you order.

--Mac

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
I just upgraded to 2990.5 and the real tracks. My problem is when I closed BIAB I got a little box that popped up in the lower right corner telling me I have an External exception C000001D at: 05A777E8 and I can't get rid of it! Everytime I click either on OK or the X to close it it just duplicates itself and after clicking on it 4 times the duplicated box goes but I still have the original box. How do I get rid of this? I re-opened BIAB and everything seems to work properly, I just can't get rid of that box.

Veteran
Veteran
CTRL + ALT + DEL should show the window and you can close it there. I would also recommend a re-boot and a 'restore to factory settings'.

2990.5?? Are you time-travelling? Does BIAB still exist that far in the future? Is the world still here?

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

CTRL + ALT + DEL should show the window and you can close it there. I would also recommend a re-boot and a 'restore to factory settings'.

2990.5?? Are you time-travelling? Does BIAB still exist that far in the future? Is the world still here?

Didn't you get the email Sam? BIAB 2991 will be released at Christmas.....we're Beta testing it now.

Cheers,
Keith
Veteran
Veteran
I just bought the 2009.5 upgrade on usb drive. but couldn't resist the urge to start downloading it. Unfortunately, I am having trouble with two of the files... realtracks set 61 (ballads) and 65 (alt country) won't download (for me) for some reason.

61 just times out, won't even get to the download dialog... and 65 goes to the DL dialog, then stays at zero progress forever.

I haven't gotten to all of the downloads yet, as I'm skipping around.. so there may be others that don't DL as well... but thought I should post here in case others have had the same problem with 61 and 65

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Try them again at a later time, maybe even the next day.

If the problem persists, contact PGMusic Sales directly about it.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Try them again at a later time, maybe even the next day.

If the problem persists, contact PGMusic Sales directly about it.

--Mac

yeah, my first thought was: "it's the weekend and a new version has just been released, the file server is probably blitzed..." But I've been trying all day, and all other files have loaded the first time, while these two have failed in exactly the same way multiple times over the past 12 hours.

As you suggest, I'll email sales about it if they don't DL tomorrow.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Pat,

If you're still having trouble, I suggest clearing your browser cache / temporary internet files, then trying the download again.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Expert
Expert

Besides the new Real Tracks, what is actually "new" or "fixed" in Version point-five from 2009?

I understand that upgrade is free, but I'm curious and can't find it clearly listed on the website.

- Thanks.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
All the New features are listed on the same page where the free update is located.

web page

Apprentice
Apprentice
Just placed my order for my 2009 Summer PlusPAK Hard Drive. Despite the current challenges we all face, I can think of no more worthwhile discretionary expense than supporting this wonderful tool, which has allowed me to accomplish far more than my very limited abilities would otherwise permit, and to have great fun, learn, and derive enormous satisfaction in the process. Thank you.

www.LawTunes.com: The LawTunes - The Musical Scales of Justice - Original Lawyer Rock & Roll
www.SurfChords.com: The SurfChords - The Endless Summer Continues and The Wave Never Ends
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
>>> Besides the new Real Tracks, what is actually "new" or "fixed" in Version point-five from 2009?
I understand that upgrade is free, but I'm curious and can't find it clearly listed on the website.

FirstBassman,

Here are the new features in 2009.5 compared to 2009 (there are videos here, and a text listing)
http://www.pgmusic.com/win.htm

Here are the various fixes present in 2009.5
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#287

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
I missed the cross-platform duo buy. I have a pc, but also a Mac. Getting Biab for both platforms would mean buying both versions seperately?

Cheers

Superbron

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
www.soundclick.com/superbron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have the BIAB 2009.5 UltraPAK Plus Audiophile Edition on the 1 TB hard drive. I've been upgrading for a few years, getting a new external hard drive sent for each upgrade.

For future upgrades, it would save us some money if we could send back our current BIAB hard drive, have PG Music load it up with the upgrade version, and send it back. Some thoughts:

* It was $199 to upgrade from version 2009.
* 1 TB hard drives cost between $80 and $100.
* External drive enclosures are $20-$50
* I'd rather pay $80 or $100 for an upgrade than $200.
* I'm not a hard disk collector. And I don't need more external drive enclosures laying around. My computer desk is starting to look like the Natural History of BIAB Hard Drive Museum.

How about it, PG Music? Give us the *option* to ship back our bare BIAB hard drive for upgrades. Until, of course, the size of BIAB files goes over 1 TB, in which case give us the option of sending in a larger hard drive for the upgrade. There is no need to send a hard drive enclosure. Most of us know how to put a drive in a PC or an external case, if needed. For those folks who'd rather not mess with it, they can continue with the upgrade procedure as it stands.

Regards,
Doug

Visit the Elegance Music page on MySpace for samples of my current work.
Veteran
Veteran
That makes sense, Doug.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195