You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#119789 - 07/04/11 07:25 PM New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme
Happy Birthday Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Hi all,

After taking off for a month, I have written a new one today, called In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme. All the instrumentation is RealTracks/RealDrums, except a smidgen of strings and organ that I played. I hope you enjoy it!

In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme

Here is the RT/RD info...
RealTracks in song: :Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in song: :Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopUpliftPulsing Ev16 120
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritSoulful Ev 085
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085
RealDrums in Song: SmoothJazzBallad^4-XStHHt,SnrHHt

And here are the lyrics...

In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme
Copyright Stephen W. Young

There's a little girl making eyes at me
She's wanting my attention
Wanting me to see what she can do
Yesterday when she waa two

On a Saturday at the football field
A pretty girl is cheering
And every now and then her team will win
Yesterday when she was ten

In between the rhythm and the rhyme
There's so much more to life if you just take the time
I wouldn't trade for all the things that you can find

A young man smiles nervously at me
He's wanting my permission
To take away my pretty little girl
And turn around my whole world

There's so much more to life if you just take the time
I wouldn't trade for all the things that you can find
(Repeat Chorus)

A little girl is making eyes at me
She's wanting my attention
Wanting me to see what she can do
I can't believe she's almost two

--

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Steve

#119790 - 07/05/11 10:44 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
frs Offline

Nice job! I really like everything about the song. I,m just putting my own songs on BB.

#119791 - 07/05/11 02:00 PM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: frs]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Steve, you have outdone yourself on this one. You are one great lyricist!

Everything is absolutely perfect!

Two thumbs up!

#119792 - 07/05/11 06:39 PM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: MarioD]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Beautiful song! Very well performed and produced. Thanks for sharing!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog

Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble.

#119793 - 07/05/11 07:43 PM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: PgFantastic]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Steve,

Yet another fantastic effort! Your productions always leave me amazed. The way you can pull so many differently styled instrumental Realtrack together to get a homogeneous mix is outstanding. This one is no exception. It's a real credit to your talent.

All the best,
Noel

#119794 - 07/05/11 10:12 PM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Great song, musically. At first, I thought the voice was mixed a little bit too up front... that seemed to improve as the song clearly developed in a very personal direction.

But, I guess I didn't really understand it. Maybe I'm just a little dense, and I get the "kids growing up" lines, but the refrain, "In between the rhythm and the rhyme, There's so much more to life if you just take the time."

My guess is, that you haven't given your kids as much of yourself as you should have, as you would like to have done, as you have pursued your personal adventures (music, I guess). (I confess to that error - "Hey, get out of the studio... Daddy's recording!)

#119795 - 07/06/11 01:25 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Brallan]
Skyline Offline
Expert

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Nice song and sentiments Steve. Well put together and mixed. I enjoyed that!

John
Sonar X3e Producer
Studio One Professional V2 2.6

#119796 - 07/06/11 06:17 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Skyline]
Expert

frs,

Thanks so much for your nice words! I look forward to hearing some of your work.

Steve

#119797 - 07/06/11 06:17 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
Expert

Mario,

Thank you so much! You are too kind! I really appreciate your time and comments.

Steve

#119798 - 07/06/11 06:19 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
Expert

Robert,

Thanks so much. I always appreciate your kind words!

Noel,

Always good to hear from you. I so appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment!

Steve

#119799 - 07/06/11 06:25 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
Expert

Brad,

Thanks so much for listening and giving your comments! Much appreciated!

This song is not really a confession of my regrets. It's more of an observation on how time flies, and an encouragement to focus on our most valuable assets - our loved ones.

If this were a confession of my regrets and shortcomings, my daughters would say that the song is Waaaaay too short!

But this is one of the wonderful things about songwriting. There are so many interpretations that can come from a song. I like that.

Again thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment!

Steve

#119800 - 07/06/11 06:26 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
Expert

John,

Thanks so much for your kind comments! As always, I really appreciate your time.

Steve

#119801 - 07/06/11 09:31 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

I love it Steve ,very Texan indeed ! Are we some kinda kin ? Kin to a lot of Young's from New Mexico .

#119802 - 07/06/11 10:41 AM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Tommyc]
Expert

Tommy,

Thanks so much! I don't know of any of my family coming from New Mexico. All the Young's in my family that I am aware of are from East Texas. I'm not saying that I come from a Redneck lineage, but I did have an uncle named Mutt, and a cousin named Bozo! (With that knowledge, you may not want to claim any relationship with me.)

Have a great day!

Steve

#119803 - 07/06/11 02:34 PM Re: New Song - In Between The Rhythm And The Rhyme [Re: Steve Young]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Ewe never meet my Uncle Booger Red ,so they may be a chance of relativity !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Miles Black Performs Sunday!

Join Miles Black & Bob Murphy as they perform at Vancouver's Tom Lee Music on Sunday!
Click here for more information.

Band-in-a-Box... Share Your Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Watch how easy it is to upload your Band-in-a-Box song to Soundcloud here.

Make sure to post a link to your song on our User Showcase Forum!

Purchase Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box!

To get the most out of Band-in-a-Box, we offer a huge selection of add-ons, including RealTracks and RealDrums!

With additional sets of MIDI SuperTracks, Styles, Soloists, Melodists, Essential Phrases & Riffs, Fakebooks, Video Tutorials and more, the possibilities are endless...
Add-ons for Windows
Add-ons for Mac

Hardware Purchase Options Available!

Check out our Hardware Section for great deals on products like the Roland SD-50, Roland MIDI Interface, Voice Live products and the TC Helicon Switch 3 Footswitch!

Chinese Simplified Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Now Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2014 Chinese Language patch for Windows includes a PDF of the complete manual! Learn more...

RealTracks Artist Trevor Hutchinson - Lúnasa Tour Dates

Trevor Hutchinson is the bass player for the band Lúnasa, which has some October performances in Switzerland and December dates all over the USA!

For a complete list of their upcoming events head to http://www.lunasa.ie/lunasa-tourdates/.

RealTracks Artist Artist Rob McNelley - 2014 Album Credits

This year you'll find Rob McNelley's guitar playing on albums by Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Bob Seger & More! Click here to see a full list of Rob's album credits.

If you're using some RealTracks by Rob McNelley in your Band-in-a-Box and RealBand creations, make sure to share your songs on our User Showcase Forum.

Forum Stats
22131 Members
37 Forums
30424 Topics
242908 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
criccra64, Joa, mnopqr250290, gorepj, JimmieNot

22130 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 224
c_fogle 129