Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I ordered 2009.5 UltraPak Plus on a hard drive which includes all the RealTracks and RealDrums. I was also given access to download the files, which I have done. There are a little over 100 files, each of which is an .exe. I am thinking that to install the full product I will need to double-click on each file to run the .exe. That will be a little time consuming. So I am wondering whether what I will get on the hard drive will be the same thing , that is, the same 100+ files, or will the RealTracks and RealDrums install from fewer files. If fewer files, I will wait until the drive arrives. If it will be the same thing, then I might as well start running the 100+ .exe files now. Does anyone know how PG Music has structured the RT and RD files on the hard disk option in previous versions.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
There are 100 or so RealTracks, but each one does not have a separate installer file.

Here are the files I downloaded and installed to update my BIAB 2009 to BB2009.5 with all the newly introduced RealTracks and RealDrums files:

bb2009update_build284.exe -- 20.5mb
realdrums1-20_update_aug12-2009.exe -- 30.2mb
realdrums21-22.exe -- 324mb
realdrums23-24.exe -- 234mb
realdrums25-26.exe -- 184mb
realtracks1-39_update_aug12-2009.exe -- 389mb
realtracks40.exe -- 459mb
realtracks41.exe -- 892mb
realtracks42.exe -- 478mb
realtracks43.exe -- 1.03gb
realtracks44.exe -- 1.06gb
realtracks45.exe -- 702mb
realtracks46.exe -- 502mb
realtracks47.exe -- 649mb
realtracks48.exe -- 564mb
realtracks49.exe -- 354mb
realtracks50.exe -- 580mb
realtracks51.exe -- 769mb
realtracks52.exe -- 806mb
realtracks53.exe -- 1.56gb
realtracks54.exe -- 856mb
realtracks55.exe -- 840mb
realtracks56.exe -- 1.22gb
realtracks57.exe -- 750mb
realtracks58.exe -- 721mb
realtracks59.exe -- 752mb
realtracks60.exe -- 708mb
realtracks61.exe -- 931mb
realtracks62.exe -- 980mb
realtracks63.exe -- 483mb
realtracks64.exe -- 950mb
realtracks65.exe -- 910mb
realtracks66.exe -- 633mb

HTH,

--Mac

D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thanks for your reply, Mac.

My download includes all 66 RealTracks and all 26 RealDrums since I didn't have any of them before. There really are over 100 executable installation files because some RealTracks have multiple files. For example, RealTracks 10 has 3 files:

realtracks10-1.exe
realtracks10-2.exe
realtracks10-3.exe

RealTracks 33 has 4 files, and several others in the first 39 RT's have more than 1 installation file. All the new ones (40-66) only have one file each. For the ones with multiple files, I am finding you have to run each file separately.

It will take a long time to run over 100 installation programs. This is especially true because when I double-click one of the executable installation files, a screen comes up quickly that says the publisher has not been verified and asks if I want to Run the program or Cancel it. I click on "Run" and then about 30 seconds goes by before the first installation dialog pops up. Not sure whether my PC has developed a problem or if the installation program is decompressing itself during those 30 seconds (My PC is old and slow - Pentium 4 3.2 GHz).

I'm figuring on 4-6 hours to install all the RT's and RD's since it seems to be taking 2-4 minutes per installation. I wonder if PG could develop some type of master RT installer that will execute all RT installation .exe's that are contained in one Windows folder so you don't have to do them one at a time. That is what I was hoping would be on the 160 GB disk when it arrives in the mail, but it sounds like the disk will contain the same .exe's that I downloaded. So I will continue running the individual installation files.

I am sure it will be well worth the time though. I'm looking forward to using the RT's and RD's.

Veteran
Veteran
You can run the RD/RT installations concurrently; at least I've not seen any problem doing do. So, just kick off the first file to get it going, then the second, then the third, etc. I usually do 8-10 at a time. Works for me, and saves a lot of time.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
You can run the installations concurrently but you can't download them concurrently. If you try to download concurrently, the files will corrupt and be uninstallable

On the USB HDD, you will only need to run the install files for BIAB, RB (and maybe PTPA if you included that in your order) and then copy the whole 'PGMusic' folder to your internal HDD. You certainly will NOT have to run over 100 individual installation files again

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Expert
Expert
With respect Sam, I've downloaded concurrently with no problems. Both my initial purchase in 2007 (basic beginners one) as well as the 2009 everything pak. Windows should cope with this without problems, much as I despise m$ practices and their product quality, they have this bit pretty well OK.

If you are having corruption problems I'd look at my internet connection, or more likely the NIC and/or NIC driver in your PC.

Last edited by Lawrie; 08/16/09 05:24 AM.

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!
Veteran
Veteran
With all due respect, Lawrie, I had this problem with the test tracks for 2009, the final product and with the test tracks for 2009.5 - I used different computers on each occasion and had the same result, with 100Mbps download speeds.

Mind you, not all were corrupted but enough to have to do it again

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Expert
Expert
G'day Sam,
were they all on the same internet connection? If so I think I'd be having a look at the router/modem and/or the Ethernet switch, these all being common components. Windows really shouldn't have a problem with this. BTW, unless you're on a really exceptional broadband link, that 100Mbps is only the local LAN speed...

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Lawrie - how ya doin digga?

In the last beta testing, it was the same computer but I had to do it twice. I spent the whole of one night trying to download and then started to install - corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. Then I went on holiday (where I am now) and did it again. Another night down the drain. Then I decided to download one file at a time and then nothing went wrong.

I know 100Mbps merely represents the connection to the router but the first occasion was at home (cable) and now I am in a hotel (again cable). In other words, there is no faster connection here in Austria (though I would love to be able to DI into a main vein / artery of the net!)

I agree that theoretically concurrent downloads on a PC with XP Pro should be no problem but when it comes to downloading all those files from PG, it doesn't seem to work (unless I am seriously overdoing it - 15 simultaneous downloads??)

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Expert
Expert
G'day Sam,
goin' good mate. 'owabout you?

I often run 15 and more concurrent downloads with no problems... I wonder if there is perhaps some software installed on both systems that is hooking into the TCP/IP stack and causing problems..?

Another possibility just occurred to me: if both sites use cable, it may be they are the same ISP, who is likely providing the same modem/router to both sites. This device may have problems with multiple NAT connections to a single internal IP. I have seen problems of this ilk... Anyhow, it's really academic as you often don't get better performance anyway - links get saturated...

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

My download includes all 66 RealTracks and all 26 RealDrums since I didn't have any of them before. There really are over 100 executable installation files because some RealTracks have multiple files. ...

I recommend just downloading the main program and then take a look at the RealTracks and download just *some* of them, plus some RealDrums to match, in a style that interests you most. Wait for the hard drive for the rest. This way you can get started out using the program and learning the new features. You could likely keep on downloading files while running BIAB at the same time, that's what I do.

Quote:

...when I double-click one of the executable installation files, a screen comes up quickly that says the publisher has not been verified and asks if I want to Run the program or Cancel it. I click on "Run" and then about 30 seconds goes by before the first installation dialog pops up. Not sure whether my PC has developed a problem or if the installation program is decompressing itself during those 30 seconds (My PC is old and slow - Pentium 4 3.2 GHz).

Hmm. Haven't seen that here. Don't know what it might be, but it isn't a normal thing, I don't think. The P4 at 3.2 should still be plenty fast at this particular task, perhaps the hard drive is getting full or needs defragmented, check that out.

Quote:

... it sounds like the disk will contain the same .exe's that I downloaded. So I will continue running the individual installation files.

You have a choice with the hard disk. The program is ready-to-run right from the outrigger drive, or you can choose installation files from it also if you choose to install on another drive on the computer. I have had no trouble running direct from USB drive as it comes out of the box, no installations.

--Mac

D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thanks, all. Given the information provided by some replies that the hard drive will already contain the installed RT/RD files, I will do as Mac suggests and install BIAB and a few RT/RD for styles of interest and play with them, and wait for the 160 GB hard disk to arrive for the full installation.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>>Thanks, all. Given the information provided by some replies that the hard drive will already contain the installed RT/RD files, I will do as Mac suggests and install BIAB and a few RT/RD for styles of interest and play with them, and wait for the 160 GB hard disk to arrive for the full installation.

Yes, that sounds like a good plan. Downloading everything is likely best with a download manager, that gets everything despite time outs etc.
Failing that, the DVD or (ideally) the hard drive makes the installation much easier.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Expert
Expert
Well, I'm not saying this downloader is the "key" to non-corrupted concurrent downloads, but I've been using the free edition of DAP with no problems. Now I "just" have a DSL connection with only about 130 BPS downloading, however downloading 6-12 files at a time has not been a problem FOR ME...still at slow speeds!

Can't wait for my 160 HD Everything to arrive, but I'm still too anxious to wait for UPS, so I'm attempting to get the entire download to end up on the virgin (no user additions) of my 2009 80 gig HD, adding the 09+ upgrade to it, instead of using the new HD for anything but "gigging-around with!

I may not get it on this "small" HD, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Then I might run my user files alongside those files that are already installed on the 160 gig HD, and I'll have some additional space on the forthcoming "installed-already-the-with-the 9.5 tracks/drums files.

Wish I could have afforded the $ for more room on one of those Terrabite monster wav HD's!! But I hope these two USB HD's will work out together!

Last edited by GDaddy; 08/17/09 06:54 AM.

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195