Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#122213 - 07/20/11 12:12 PM Trying to find the right realtrack
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
This is one reason I prefer RB; it is easy to highlite just a section of the song, generate a real track to try it, if you don't like it just 'edit-undo' and try another one. Trying small sections (like one verse) speeds up the generation time and lets me try more selections in less time.

Posted here to appease Matt ...

#122214 - 07/20/11 12:59 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: rharv]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
And a very good idea it is (yours, not appeasing me).

#122215 - 07/20/11 02:25 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Matt Finley]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Didn't want the blame.

#122216 - 07/23/11 07:09 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: rharv]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Why hit undo ? I posted a song Smooth Ride with bass regenerated as much as 3 times in a single bar to make some space for other instruments . I started with a whole generation of it went back and cut holes where I didn't want bass and regenerated as needed ,sometimes as little as 1 beat. Whatsa no carrotsa with appease ?

#122217 - 07/23/11 10:33 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Tommyc]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Yes, you can just generate over it again, but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit.

#122218 - 08/05/11 06:12 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: rharv]
acebone Offline

Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?

#122219 - 08/05/11 06:13 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: acebone]
acebone Offline

Ah - RealBand - not BIAB, sry ...

#122220 - 08/05/11 07:08 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: acebone]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think BiaB does this now also

#122221 - 08/05/11 01:37 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: acebone]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:

Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?

Using your mouse, hold the left button down, swipe the bars you want to regen, and then right click the track and the action you want is toward the bottom. Know that only from regenerating a solo 10 times until I got what I liked.

Alternatively you can create more tracks with the same Real Track, create several segments, and then cut and paste them together with one from column A and one from column B until you get what you want. I did that with a guitar solo and it ended up being almost what I would have told the guy to play if he was in my studio.

#122222 - 08/06/11 01:11 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: eddie1261]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Look at you Mr Eddie, you get the thing goin' now.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#122223 - 11/04/11 10:19 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Robh]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

"....but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit."

Me too.

#122224 - 11/04/11 11:36 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Sundance]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

I have gotten some very interesting results by regenerating many different choices and not only cutting and pasting but playing 2 or more of them at the same time at different levels. On one song I have two pedal steel tracks and a fiddle, and playing them all at the same time created a very happy accident where all three tracks did did a short gliss that ended up sounding like smooth pitch bend event that slid into a perfect triad.

Now the other shoe. I have had HORRENDOUS results doing that too. All trial and error. Play with volumes, fades, etc.

So bottom line is that the right real track may be a compilation of several.

#122225 - 11/15/11 12:04 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: eddie1261]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
For country lovers try playing with twin fiddles, results can ve awesome

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#122226 - 11/15/11 06:01 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: furry]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

What is rough is when I get something I love that I know cannot be replicated in a live situation without 2 pedal steel players and 3 fiddlers.... LOL!!

#122227 - 11/18/11 04:27 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

That's when you pretend you are doing it all with your ebow (sorry, couldn't resist)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box - You'll want to use them in ALL your projects!

RealTracks are a popular Add-on for Band-in-a-Box. Once you start using them, you won't want to stop!

RealTracks sound AMAZING - they are actual recordings of musicians! For a full list of our RealTracks Artists, click here.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter for ALL the Latest News!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

A Dream Come True For This Band-in-a-Box User

Einar Olsen shares his Band-in-a-Box story with us:

2 days ago – a dream came true, that I couldn't done without Band-in-a- Box:

THANKS PETER GANNON AND ALL OF YOU AT PG MUSIC!

I live in a small and beautiful village in Suldal/Norway – as an old musician, i'm addicted to create music but with a long way to travel to find a real band and pro musicians, I've been using BiaB for years writing new songs.

Almost 3 years ago an idea was born: telling 100 years of local history of common man, using the american blues genre/folk music and the Norwegian language Nynorsk.

I'm not from this part of Norway, so I had to collaborate with someone – someone with local knowledge and writing skills – and not at least a voice that could carry a tone. I found that man, and we ended up with 12 new lyrics and songs for a show. Receiving great feedback on the songs, we started dreaming of recording an album – but how to make it – how to finance it?

Well, I have some guitars, an old Mac Pro and BiaB!

The RealTracks in BiaB are so musically well done that I started the pre-production. The pre-productions actually sounded so good that I decided to use BiaB-tracks, tweak them and do the rest of the playing myself.

Could this end up as a "professional album"? My local collaborator on main vocal and I started believing, and…

…and 2 days ago the final result was released worldwide:

Blå tonar frå Suldal

THANKS for making a great software and putting effort in the glory of music, so this album could be made!

Best regards
Einar Olsen
MolsenHouse Productions

Congrats to Einar and Terje on the release of their album 'Blå tonar frå Suldal'!

For more information on the album, read the Press Release
and listen to song demos on Amazon.

Now Available - Cakewalk Music Creator 7

Cakewalk Music Creator 7 is here! This program includes the TTS-1 synth, which can be used as your MIDI sound source in Band-in-a-Box and other programs!

Learn more about Cakewalk Music Creator 7 here.

Video - jBridge with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows

You can use your 64-bit VST plugins and VSTi instruments with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows, using jBridge.
Band-in-a-Box 2015 has built-in support for jBridge, so you just use your plugins as you normally would, by selecting 32-bit or 64-bit plugins within Band-in-a-Box!

Learn more here: YouTube Video - jBridge with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box Feature - UserTracks

Did you know that you have the option of creating your very own RealTracks? We refer to these as UserTracks. UserTracks allow you to create your own audio styles to use in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand.

Making your own UserTracks is easy! Simply record the tracks in Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or any DAW. Once the track is recorded, name your UserTracks and add them to the UserTracks folder in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand. They are now ready to be used like any other RealTracks!
Watch the video and learn more: http://www.pgmusic.com/usertracks1.htm

RealTracks Artists Kenny Barron and Gary Smulyan - Winners at the JJA Jazz Awards!

The Jazz Journalists Association have announced the winners for their 19th annual Jazz Journalists Association Jazz Awards! Two of the winners are RealTracks Artists - Congratulations Kenny Barron and Gary Smulyan!!

Record of the Year:
The Art of Conversation (Impulse!)
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland

Trio or Duo of the Year:
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland

Pianist of the Year:
Kenny Barron

Baritone Saxophonist of the Year:
Gary Smulyan

For a complete list of winners, visit: http://www.jjajazzawards.org/p/2015.html

Forum Stats
23102 Members