Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#122213 - 07/20/11 12:12 PM Trying to find the right realtrack
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
This is one reason I prefer RB; it is easy to highlite just a section of the song, generate a real track to try it, if you don't like it just 'edit-undo' and try another one. Trying small sections (like one verse) speeds up the generation time and lets me try more selections in less time.

Posted here to appease Matt ...

#122214 - 07/20/11 12:59 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: rharv]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
And a very good idea it is (yours, not appeasing me).
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#122215 - 07/20/11 02:25 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Matt Finley]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Didn't want the blame.

#122216 - 07/23/11 07:09 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: rharv]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Why hit undo ? I posted a song Smooth Ride with bass regenerated as much as 3 times in a single bar to make some space for other instruments . I started with a whole generation of it went back and cut holes where I didn't want bass and regenerated as needed ,sometimes as little as 1 beat. Whatsa no carrotsa with appease ?

#122217 - 07/23/11 10:33 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Tommyc]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Yes, you can just generate over it again, but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit.

#122218 - 08/05/11 06:12 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: rharv]
acebone Offline

Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?

#122219 - 08/05/11 06:13 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: acebone]
acebone Offline

Ah - RealBand - not BIAB, sry ...

#122220 - 08/05/11 07:08 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: acebone]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think BiaB does this now also

#122221 - 08/05/11 01:37 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: acebone]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:

Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?

Using your mouse, hold the left button down, swipe the bars you want to regen, and then right click the track and the action you want is toward the bottom. Know that only from regenerating a solo 10 times until I got what I liked.

Alternatively you can create more tracks with the same Real Track, create several segments, and then cut and paste them together with one from column A and one from column B until you get what you want. I did that with a guitar solo and it ended up being almost what I would have told the guy to play if he was in my studio.

-------------------------------------------
My CD is now available for purchase by download on CDBaby.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/eastsideeddie

#122222 - 08/06/11 01:11 AM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: eddie1261]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Look at you Mr Eddie, you get the thing goin' now.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#122223 - 11/04/11 10:19 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Robh]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

"....but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit."

Me too.

Laugh often and love much.

#122224 - 11/04/11 11:36 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: Sundance]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

I have gotten some very interesting results by regenerating many different choices and not only cutting and pasting but playing 2 or more of them at the same time at different levels. On one song I have two pedal steel tracks and a fiddle, and playing them all at the same time created a very happy accident where all three tracks did did a short gliss that ended up sounding like smooth pitch bend event that slid into a perfect triad.

Now the other shoe. I have had HORRENDOUS results doing that too. All trial and error. Play with volumes, fades, etc.

So bottom line is that the right real track may be a compilation of several.

#122225 - 11/15/11 12:04 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: eddie1261]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
For country lovers try playing with twin fiddles, results can ve awesome

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#122226 - 11/15/11 06:01 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: furry]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

What is rough is when I get something I love that I know cannot be replicated in a live situation without 2 pedal steel players and 3 fiddlers.... LOL!!

#122227 - 11/18/11 04:27 PM Re: Trying to find the right realtrack [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

That's when you pretend you are doing it all with your ebow (sorry, couldn't resist)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Listen to Songs from other Band-in-a-Box Users on Our Forums! #MondayMotivation

If you're looking for some motivation to help you get started writing songs using Band-in-a-Box, pop in to our User Showcase Forum or the Xtra Styles Contest forum... both of these pages are loaded with songs other users have created with Band-in-a-Box (or other PG Music software).

When you've created your own song, feel free to share it on our User Showcase Forum, where you will also receive feedback from other forum members.

Xtra Styles Song Contest - 1 Week Left!

Add your song to the entries for your chance to win 1 of 4 prizes of $150 PG Bucks! That's right... we're giving away a prize for each genre: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter!
The contest is open for submission until midnight September 30, 2016.

Listen to the songs already submitted here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=91

The Xtra Styles Special - There's Still Time!

There's still time to add over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles included in the new Xtra Styles PAKs for the introductory price of $29!

That's right - our Xtra Styles Special is going strong, but time is running out! Until September 30, 2016 you can purchase the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 for just $29 (reg. $49).
www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

The Xtra Styles PAKs require the RealTracks and RealDrums included in your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition. A handful of these new RealStyles use RealTracks from the 2016 49-PAK. If you don't have the 2016 49-PAK, there is a special purchase option: the "All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle" for just $49! Note: This package is only available until September 30th.

Once you've added the Xtra Styles PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, create an original song using one of the 164 RealStyles included and enter it in our Xtra Styles Contest!
There are four prizes of $150 "PG Bucks" to be won - one for each genre: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter! Entries can be submitted until midnight September 30, 2016. Click here for complete contest details.

Add versatility and a modern flair to your current RealTracks and RealDrums library with Xtra Styles PAKs!

#FunFactFriday - Where is PG Music Inc?

Did you know that PG Music Inc. is located in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada)?

Victoria, BC is located on Vancouver Island. Don't let the name fool you, we are not located in Vancouver (a common mistake...)

Our city is home to and endless list of attractions, including: the Legislature Building (we are the capital city of British Columbia), the Craigdarroch Castle, loads of Art Galleries, Butchart Gardens, the Royal BC Museum, CFB Esquimalt, and loads of other great tourist stops! We are also lucky enough to have a huge music scene (a few of our PG Team members perform often!).

There has also been a lot of movies and TV shows filmed here - including X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men: The Last Stand (Royal Roads University is the Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters)!

Want to learn more about Victoria? Visit the Tourism Victoria website: www.tourismvictoria.com/

Herb Hartley's Song Success!

If you frequent the User Showcase Forum, then you've likely heard one of the many songs shared by "Guitarhacker" (Herb Hartley) - most recently Something To Die For & Jesus Is Risen.

Well, Herb just announced that his songs have also landed some TV show placements - how amazing is that!?!
In case you missed it, read all about this announcement here.

Here at PG Music, we think this is awesome! Congratulations Herb!

#TBT - The MIDI File Chord Interpretation Wizard!

Travel back in time to December 2001, and the release of Band-in-a-Box 11 for Windows... which included the new feature The MIDI File Chord Interpretation Wizard!

This new feature was described as:
Many people who play music by ear think of songs in terms of “Chords and Melody.” However many MIDI files lack chord symbols, so they become difficult to learn without the user having to figure out the chords in a time consuming process. Now you can open up any MIDI file in Band-in-a-Box, and Band-in-a-Box will automatically figure out the chords of the song for you. It automatically analyzes the MIDI file, figures out where the bass, piano, melody and other tracks are, and then figures out the chord changes for the song. The chords are written onto the Band-in-a-Box chordsheet like any other song. This allows you to quickly learn how to play a song from a MIDI file - just read it into Band-in-a-Box and you’ll see the chord symbols, and then learn the Melody! You can also read tracks into the Melody and Soloist tracks.

If you're interested in reading about all the features released with Band-in-a-Box 11, visit this page. Other new features added with this version back in 2001 include Jazz Music Fonts for Notes, Symbols, Chords & Titles, Multiple Tracks of Notation, "Direct-to-Disk Audio Rendering, and more!

Introducing The Band-in-a-Box Keychain!

For just $5 you can add your very own Band-in-a-Box keychain to any order you place with us!

When placing an order for any item on our website, our shopping cart will offer to add this item to your shipment.

You can also purchase it on its own, here: www.pgmusic.com/bb_keychain.htm

Forum Stats
25169 Members
45 Forums
41360 Topics
331704 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Gretschky, luke_strider, johnman437, 5-Stringunzucd, Display Name

25169 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 240