Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd,

Rog expressed my thoughts "A fabulous track which leaves me wondering how someone could write with such insight and wisdom at the age of 25."
A beautiful song.

Guenter

Guenter - thanks, as always... (about time for another from you!!)

Originally Posted By: Skyline
Wow, that's a stunning piece Floyd. The lyrics are up there with the prescience of Jackson Browne. The whole things is perfect and very moving. Music like this deserves to be widely heard. Superb.

John

Wow, John - thank you for that... I truly appreciate it...

User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Floyd you always come up with an exceptional song and this is no exception. Today is my birthday and I have turned 69. I guess that qualifies me as an old man but I have to tell you (as an old man) I think that you are a terrific song writer and musician and I always look forward to what you have to send our way.
Sonny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, wonderful songwriting! And only 25 when you wrote it too, very impressive.

Age here is 61, so I guess I'm an old man :P

Good song, enjoyed the listen!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
One of my favorites you have done. Very insightful lyrics especially at 25. First class tune

Thanks, Scott... glad you liked it..

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is a very touching song and a great production. I love the vocal phrasing. Quite the vintage wine, eh?? smile

Thanks, David...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautifully done!! The arrangement and emotion in the vocal are totally captivating. When I was 25, I didn't think much about anything other than where the party was that night. This is deeply insightful writing. I'm really glad you reincarnated it. It is a beautiful song!! Take care. Greg

LOL. Always pleased to catch your ear, Greg... and to dreg up some good, old memories... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: critter
Another great tune from FJ. I've got two years on you at 62 and still keep trying. Most of the songs I have posted on Soundcloud are lyrics from the early eighties but I have written quite a few new ones since Band in a Box, (that's a plug, lol) Again a great song and mixed to perfection as usual!!

Thanks, Steve - always good to have you drop by... appreciate it...

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Great song as usual

very intimate lyrics and music.

Happy new year to you.

Sergio

Thanks, Sergio...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wonderful Floyd. It must be so interesting for a song writer like you to revisit songs that you wrote all those years ago. I would love to hear the first song you ever wrote and to know what age you were when you wrote it. I do hope you have an awesome 2016.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
fj,

I like this one a lot.

"the days don't seem quite so long"

Great line, and boy, can I relate!

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Time is flying by, isn't it???

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I still wonder what an old man thinks! As a youngster, folks the age I am now seemed to be O L D.

Mentally, I still think I'm thirty. It's not until the heavy lifting that I realize I got off at the wrong train stop.

Good song. The lyrics are very well written and you have a fitting arrangement in the music.

Your vocal phrasing at the very beginning of the line, "When the church bell tolls..." I thought you may be giving us a surprise and the verse was going to be conversational rather than singing. Didn't happen, but might have fit in nice.

Enjoyed this -- even with the line or two that were too close to dodge. smile

Thanks, Charlie - You made it to 30? I got stuck at 26, I'm fairly certain... I was never much good at the "talkie" songs... I was a huge Glen Campbell fan and I did not care for "Honey, Come Back" - I think that "put me off" those..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORUXIp6X1k4

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Where did the time go?

Great song and a good start to the new year.

Now I know what an old man must think.

Thanks, Herb - Appreciate that.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Simply beautiful! The lyrics, the vocal, the band. What more can we say...apart from that this is a class entry for 2016!

Thanks, guys... appreciate the support.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Left me hangin. I wanted another verse. Something more - now from your current perspective. Please consider expanding this "old" song. I am sure we would all enjoy.

Hi, Dan! Thanks for listening... I don't know, I stopped writing songs with 3 verses a very long time ago... not sure I could do four... smile

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Oh I was so much older then I'm younger than that now! floyd, This was a very sophisticated write for someone only 25. Very heartfelt delivery and great strings. Perfect arrangement and mix. From one old man to another, Happy New Year and may we have many more. Tom

Thanks, Tom. At 25, I had the sense I was late. All my songwriting heroes at the time (Prine, JT, JB, other JB) had all made by the time they were 24... smile Happy New Year!...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Floyd
Beautifully crafted and as noted excellent lyrics.
You certainly have a knack for writing songs of real substance (even at 25).

Thank you, Peter...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

Just wait until you catch up with us ... we're just months away from 70 ... yep!

The insightful wisdom in your lyric is amazing. And your vocal delivery never fails to mesmerize. You have a unique and wonderful voice. Me (Alan) being an old man now, I can certainly fall right into this one.

We like the way you built the layers. That only adds to the anticipation of what's to come.

Great job ... one of our very favorites from you. Have a fabulous 2016!

Alan & Di

Appreciate it, Alan. I figure as long as I can keep doing new stuff - which BIAB helps a bunch - then there's still a reason to get up in the morning smile Having a good time exploring styles in the 2016! Hope y'all are doing well...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Top notch writing and performing. It's a good song for us to contemplate. A great example of "timeless" writing. Means as much today as it would have 35 years ago.

Thanks, Kevin... nice of you to say... I need a nap smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd,
What an exceptionally thoughtful lryic for a young man to write. Our old songs from decades past are like time capsuals we left ourselves.
Thanks for sharing
SD

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful Floyd. It depends on the old man.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SRP
Floyd you always come up with an exceptional song and this is no exception. Today is my birthday and I have turned 69. I guess that qualifies me as an old man but I have to tell you (as an old man) I think that you are a terrific song writer and musician and I always look forward to what you have to send our way.
Sonny

Happy (belated) Birthday, Sonny! Thanks for the kind words...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow, wonderful songwriting! And only 25 when you wrote it too, very impressive.

Age here is 61, so I guess I'm an old man :P

Good song, enjoyed the listen!

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate that. Looking forward to some more stuff from you...

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Wonderful Floyd. It must be so interesting for a song writer like you to revisit songs that you wrote all those years ago. I would love to hear the first song you ever wrote and to know what age you were when you wrote it. I do hope you have an awesome 2016.

Thanks, Joanne. I can still remember a few lines of the first song I wrote - at 15... Trust me, you do not want to hear it... smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Someone in the business once told me to keep every lyric and every melody. Perhaps you heard that too, or you just knew it. I'm glad you kept this one close.

Timeless.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! What lyric to contemplate as another year begins.
Where was I in '62? Mainly just being 16 and everything that goes
with that. I thought my grandparents were ancient then when they
were the age I am now.

To have songs that you have written through your adult
life must be a real treasure...lots of "then and now" thoughts
in them I'm sure as you peruse the catalog. As others
have said and we join in with it's nice that you brought this
one back. I listened several times on my recent b'day.

It's a gem of lyric that shines even brighter with the fj
vocals, arrangement and production treatment.

Thanks for sharing this and particularly so for this time
of year!

J&B

Janice is fond of "don't grow up...it's a trap" cool

User Showcase
D
D
I'm new here and this is the first piece I've listened to. Yes, it speaks to me.

I'm impressed you even conceived of this theme at 25. The music, tempo, everything blends well. It'll stick in my memory for a long time.

Many of my lyrics touch on age-related issues too. But I only just started writing songs 2 years ago, so I don't dwell there...

User Showcase
D
D
I'm new here and this is the first piece I've listened to. Yes, it speaks to me.

I'm impressed you even conceived of this theme at 25. The music, tempo, everything blends well. It'll stick in my memory for a long time.

Many of my lyrics touch on age-related issues too. But I only just started writing songs 2 years ago, so I don't dwell there...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautifully written and recorded, speaks to my heart.
So damned good.
Kenny

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,555
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199