You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#127413 - 08/29/11 05:09 PM Main Out FX shortcut
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
While I'm on the subject of real estate, can we get a button to the main out (mastering) FX setcion? I have plenty of room for a button besdie master volume slider.

I know it's in the section I just asked to be minimized, but when using mastering effects I don't need to see many tracks, so it wouldn't bother me to have that center section then. I only need to see a few tracks at most (for comparison). Then I could call up the output FX in a single click instead of opening mixer, opening output FX, and closing mixer to see the tracks again. One click replaces three.

The button could be labeled better, but you get the idea. I go thru that routine 20 times in a session so it would save me hundreds of clicks on a project.

Edited by rharv (08/29/11 05:14 PM)

#127414 - 08/30/11 07:08 AM Re: Main Out FX shortcut [Re: rharv]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
What about a floating output section, Bob?

+1 on the idea.

Maybe there should be a "Workflow" Wishlist.

Ian

#127415 - 09/01/11 10:18 AM Re: Main Out FX shortcut [Re: Ian Fraser]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
If you have looked at Sonar X1 it has the option to place the master output buss to the side vertically while the tracks run horizontally. I like this so that while monitoring the tracks, and watch the master and add limiting, EQ, and such and adjust those while i also work with the tracks individually. It also has the option to click a track, and that one track will appear next to the master strip. thus you can work with two at a time and still see the others.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac Review

For many years Band-in-a-Box 2014 has been my indispensable musical companion, whether I’m knocking up backing tracks for my solo gigs, creating professional-sounding background music for my documentaries, or just having fun. The 2014 makeover absolutely ticks every box and brings the abundant feature set under control. If making music brings joy to your life, Band-in-a-Box 2014 will make you even happier.
Keith White - Macworld Australia

Click here to read the review on Macworld.
Click here to read the PDF.

RealTracks Artist Gary Smulyan's Organ Quartet!

The Gary Smulyan Organ Quartet has a busy October coming up!
See if they're playing near you, visit http://garysmulyan.com and click on tour.

Band-in-a-Box Facebook Contest!!

Like us on Facebook before October 1, 2014 for a chance to win a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK! Click here to enter

RealTracks Artist Phil Woods - October Performance!

Award-winning jazz saxophonist Phil Woods will perform in North Carolina on Tuesday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m. at the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts at Appalachian State University!

Click here for more information.

Video - Making a Song in Band-in-a-Box

New to Band-in-a-Box? Creating your first song is as easy as pressing play! To watch a step-by-step video tutorial on creating your own song, watch this YouTube video: http://youtu.be/PRSX_w3wNJs.

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron - Oct & Nov Performances!

Kenny Barron will be performing in October and November! To see if there's a performance near you, head to: http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

Band-in-a-Box 2014 Russian Patch Available!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в Band-in-a-Box ряд потрясающих новых функций и новых стилей RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, высококачественных (Hi-Q) MIDI-тембров и записей профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances)!

Вышло обновление для Band-in-a-Box 2014 на русском языке с полным руководством пользователя на русском языке. загрузки.

Forum Stats
22041 Members
38 Forums
30170 Topics
240349 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
The Hobbit, WillyL, edshaw1000000, davenqem, sujit001

22040 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 125
Al-David 111