You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#127413 - 08/29/11 08:09 PM Main Out FX shortcut
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
While I'm on the subject of real estate, can we get a button to the main out (mastering) FX setcion? I have plenty of room for a button besdie master volume slider.

I know it's in the section I just asked to be minimized, but when using mastering effects I don't need to see many tracks, so it wouldn't bother me to have that center section then. I only need to see a few tracks at most (for comparison). Then I could call up the output FX in a single click instead of opening mixer, opening output FX, and closing mixer to see the tracks again. One click replaces three.

The button could be labeled better, but you get the idea. I go thru that routine 20 times in a session so it would save me hundreds of clicks on a project.

Edited by rharv (08/29/11 08:14 PM)

#127414 - 08/30/11 10:08 AM Re: Main Out FX shortcut [Re: rharv]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
What about a floating output section, Bob?

+1 on the idea.

Maybe there should be a "Workflow" Wishlist.

Ian

#127415 - 09/01/11 01:18 PM Re: Main Out FX shortcut [Re: Ian Fraser]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
If you have looked at Sonar X1 it has the option to place the master output buss to the side vertically while the tracks run horizontally. I like this so that while monitoring the tracks, and watch the master and add limiting, EQ, and such and adjust those while i also work with the tracks individually. It also has the option to click a track, and that one track will appear next to the master strip. thus you can work with two at a time and still see the others.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks!

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Check out the YouTube Channel - Tips & Tricks page, which is packed with videos showing off what Band-in-a-Box can do!

RealTracks Artist Andy Leftwich on Tour with Kentucky Thunder!

Andy Leftwich is a member of Kentucky Thunder, the band that tours with Ricky Scaggs! They're starting December off with A Skaggs Family Christmas in Winkler, MB, Canada on December 5th!

To see if there's an upcoming show near you, visit http://www.rickyskaggs.com/tour.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Video Support Pages - Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks and More!

Whether you're looking for a video demonstration of Band-in-a-Box or Tips & Tricks for all those features, there's a video for you!
Visit our Video Support Page to see all the videos we have to offer!

These are also available on our YouTube Channel.

Stay in Touch With Us on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

If you're looking for some tips on how to quickly replace specific chords or chord types with other chords in Band-in-a-Box, make sure you watch this video: http://youtu.be/XR1YTaKU8QA

Share Your Songs on Our User Showcase Forum!

Have you created a song using Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks Pro Audio? Share it on our User Showcase Forum - that way all of our Forum Users can enjoy your song!

Forum Stats
22266 Members
38 Forums
30966 Topics
246424 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
Chapter Records, bubbawny, ijklmn266862, Phineas, bop

22265 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 163
seeker 137