You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#127413 - 08/29/11 08:09 PM Main Out FX shortcut
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
While I'm on the subject of real estate, can we get a button to the main out (mastering) FX setcion? I have plenty of room for a button besdie master volume slider.

I know it's in the section I just asked to be minimized, but when using mastering effects I don't need to see many tracks, so it wouldn't bother me to have that center section then. I only need to see a few tracks at most (for comparison). Then I could call up the output FX in a single click instead of opening mixer, opening output FX, and closing mixer to see the tracks again. One click replaces three.

The button could be labeled better, but you get the idea. I go thru that routine 20 times in a session so it would save me hundreds of clicks on a project.

Edited by rharv (08/29/11 08:14 PM)

#127414 - 08/30/11 10:08 AM Re: Main Out FX shortcut [Re: rharv]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
What about a floating output section, Bob?

+1 on the idea.

Maybe there should be a "Workflow" Wishlist.

Ian

#127415 - 09/01/11 01:18 PM Re: Main Out FX shortcut [Re: Ian Fraser]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
If you have looked at Sonar X1 it has the option to place the master output buss to the side vertically while the tracks run horizontally. I like this so that while monitoring the tracks, and watch the master and add limiting, EQ, and such and adjust those while i also work with the tracks individually. It also has the option to click a track, and that one track will appear next to the master strip. thus you can work with two at a time and still see the others.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Entering Lyrics in Band-in-a-Box

You can enter lyrics into Band-in-a-Box several different ways. In this video, we look at entering Note-based Lyrics, Line-based Lyrics and the Big Lyrics (Karaoke) window.

Video - Specific Chord Options in Band-in-a-Box

In this video you'll learn how to use rests, holds, shots, or pedal bass on specific chords in your song.

Video - The Melodist

Use The Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box to compose a new song with an intro, chords, melody & arrangement in any style. The Melodist can also generate a melody over your existing chord progression.

Learn more about this intelligent song writing tool in this video.

Video - Freezing Tracks in Band-in-a-Box

If you have a MIDI or RealTracks track that you do not want to change or re-generate, then you'll want to freeze that track. Learn how to freeze a track in Band-in-a-Box here!

RealBand 2015 Build 7 Patch Update Available

RealBand 2015 Build 7 is now available for download.

Video - Customizing Tablature in Band-in-a-Box

With Band-in-a-Box 2014 and higher, you can choose which string (guitar or bass) each note is played on. Watch this video to learn more

In Music History

Listen to the “Neanderthal Flute”. These date back 42,000 to 43,000 years!

Forum Stats
22794 Members
37 Forums
32674 Topics
261333 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
cucaracha, forOnebandmaster, Juri, derekmcc, lambertj205

22794 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 176
Pat Marr 170