Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#119747 - 09/12/11 06:51 PM Re:Batman [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

I am a huge Batman fan! I used Acid Music Studio 6 for this one, it is A hard rock number. Hope you can give it a listen. The style is a little out of my comfort zone. It is number 45 in the 50/90 Challenge.

45. BATMAN

Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble.

#119748 - 09/13/11 06:46 PM Re:I Will Finally Be Home [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

This song is all Band in A Box. Got up this morning and the words just started flowing. Praise to the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

46. I Will Finally Be Home

But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble.

#119749 - 09/14/11 04:32 PM Re:I Will Finally Be Home [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

This song I did something a little different. There are no Band in a Box tracks on this one. I actually played the guitar and piano myself. Not at the same time of course, ha, ha. The piano is my Yamaha Psr e203 Played through Reason. The Flat Top is my Takamine Ef341 I mic'ed it using a Samson C01 Condensor Mic. As always with a gospel song it is more about the message. I realized today just how much I love band in a box. lol.

47. One Day, One Place

#119750 - 09/15/11 03:39 PM Re:I Will Finally Be Home [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

The Harmonica and Drums are real tracks, the bass, lead, and piano are midi. Song 48 of the 50/90 challenge is complete. The challenge for this week was to write about a 50/90er, I wrote about them all.

48. Here's To All The 50/90er's

#119751 - 09/17/11 04:35 AM Re:I Will Finally Be Home [Re: PgFantastic]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

I love # 47 almost made me cry ,Ok it did ! Love it Robert I praise GOD for you!

#119752 - 09/17/11 07:57 AM Re:I Will Finally Be Home [Re: Tommyc]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Thanks Tommyc for listening and commenting! God bless you!

#119753 - 09/17/11 09:10 PM Re:You Never Know What Words Will Be Your Last [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

I was not going to do a song today, but then I saw the title of this song in the newspaper and the lyrics just started coming. It is number 49 in the 50/90 challenge. It was not a certain style. It is a swing 8 with realtrack ukulele, bass, harmonica and drums.

49. You Never Know What Words Will Be Your Last

#119754 - 09/18/11 10:22 AM Re:You Never Know What Words Will Be Your Last [Re: PgFantastic]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Bob, I have been listening to your songs and I must say you are one very versatile songwriter. Your lyrics are great, as is your vocals. “A Photograph of You in my Heart” is my favorite thus far, however it was a tough choice to make.

Keep up the great work.

Ps – how can you write such great songs is so little time?

#119755 - 09/18/11 01:57 PM Re:You Never Know What Words Will Be Your Last [Re: MarioD]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Thanks MarioD for the kind words. In answer to the question about getting songs done so quickly, Biab is a huge part of it. I am more focused on writing, so now I turn anything I hear that stands out into lyrics. I usually take the idea and type it into a program called Lyricist. I then open the internet to rhymezone. Lyricist has a rhyming dictionary but it is not as advanced as rhymezone, I also open the thesaurus. I then open Biab to start entering chords. A few of the songs I actually loaded the demo song in Biab, muted the melody and wrote the Lyrics around it. When I joined the 50/90 challange, it sounded impossible. But like anything else the more you do it, your mind works even when you sleep. A couple of the songs I woke up singing. I usually write the song the night before and then record the vocals and mix the next. I pray for the words as well. Sorry for being so long winded in reply, hopefully this can help someone new to songwriting.

#119756 - 09/19/11 08:24 PM Re:Jesus Christ Is The Living God [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is Song 50 in the 50/90 Challenge. I actually have 2 more to do between now and Octorber 1st. 2 of the 50 were collab work, so I am not counting them, so I only have 48 that I actually wrote myself, but the site shows 50. Get it? I'm confused, LOL.

50. Jesus Christ Is The Living God

#119757 - 09/22/11 11:10 AM Re:I Am From The USA [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

This is song 51 in the 50/90 challenge. The challenge this week was to write about something that I had not written about during the challenge. I chose the good ole USA. It is all realtracks.

51. I Am From The USA

#119758 - 09/25/11 03:47 AM Re:I Am From The USA [Re: PgFantastic]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Hey Robert I'm from there too ! Good Job !

#119759 - 09/25/11 05:26 PM Re:I Am From The USA [Re: Tommyc]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Thanks Tommyc.

#119760 - 09/26/11 09:01 PM Re:This Is The Day The Lord Has Made [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

This is song 52 on the 50/90 challenge. I wanted to make sure I reached the goal of 50 solo songs. 2 songs were collaborations. I may do the last weekly challenge and then I will be done. Thanks to everyone who has took the time to listen to these and for the feedback. Everyone on this forum is always so helpful and courteous. Thanks! I would suggest to everyone next year to sign up and try the 50/90 challenge, even if you do not get 50 done it will keep you writing. Thanks to BIAB, I could never have gotten this done without it.

52. This Is The Day The Lord Has Made

#119761 - 09/28/11 05:28 PM Re:Just To Have You [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

This is the last of the 50/90 songs I will be posting. It has been FUN! Thanks again for the kind words, tips and encouragement. Pg is my favorite forum of all I go to. This weeks challenge was to take a song that you had not finished or that needed to be worked on and finish it. It was funny about a week before this challenge, I was going through some notebooks and found this song. I wrote it originally at 15 after my girlfriend, who would become my wife had broken up with me. Sadly we divorced after 26 years, so the sentiment is still about the same. The original lyrics had a line that was blasphemous, so I was never comfortable singing this song. . I changed those lyrics and did some other rewriting to get this new version. Thanks again to all!

53. Just To Have You

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Miles Black Performs Sunday!

Join Miles Black & Bob Murphy as they perform at Vancouver's Tom Lee Music on Sunday!
Click here for more information.

Band-in-a-Box... Share Your Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Watch how easy it is to upload your Band-in-a-Box song to Soundcloud here.

Make sure to post a link to your song on our User Showcase Forum!

Purchase Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box!

To get the most out of Band-in-a-Box, we offer a huge selection of add-ons, including RealTracks and RealDrums!

With additional sets of MIDI SuperTracks, Styles, Soloists, Melodists, Essential Phrases & Riffs, Fakebooks, Video Tutorials and more, the possibilities are endless...
Add-ons for Windows
Add-ons for Mac

Hardware Purchase Options Available!

Check out our Hardware Section for great deals on products like the Roland SD-50, Roland MIDI Interface, Voice Live products and the TC Helicon Switch 3 Footswitch!

Chinese Simplified Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Now Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2014 Chinese Language patch for Windows includes a PDF of the complete manual! Learn more...

RealTracks Artist Trevor Hutchinson - Lúnasa Tour Dates

Trevor Hutchinson is the bass player for the band Lúnasa, which has some October performances in Switzerland and December dates all over the USA!

For a complete list of their upcoming events head to http://www.lunasa.ie/lunasa-tourdates/.

RealTracks Artist Artist Rob McNelley - 2014 Album Credits

This year you'll find Rob McNelley's guitar playing on albums by Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Bob Seger & More! Click here to see a full list of Rob's album credits.

If you're using some RealTracks by Rob McNelley in your Band-in-a-Box and RealBand creations, make sure to share your songs on our User Showcase Forum.

Forum Stats
22129 Members
37 Forums
30415 Topics
242795 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
lmnopq896625, bardy, defghi112861, ijklmn364014, Prof2musique

22129 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 209
c_fogle 132