You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#115188 - 05/25/11 07:39 AM Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad
PhillyJazz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Philly
I am waiting for Windows tablets to come down in order to use my BIAB files as an "electronic" fake book. I would LOVE to see just the Leadsheet rendering code ported over to (Android especially) so I could use a cheap tablet with decent battery life and no hard disk to look up / sort / display / transpose tunes.

I don't know how hard it would be to port just that portion of BIAB, but I can see a huge market for musicians to take their set lists on such a device to gigs, and be able to transpose at will.

Options might be :

1. Transpose
2. Hide intros/ending
3. Display / Hide lyrics
3. Net / Previous Page

Nothing fancy, but I have been using an old XP Fujitsu tablet with hard disk and 11" screen for this purpose for years. The stylus is a pain, and the full BIAB interface is overkill for what I need. It still beats carting a bunch of Bb/ Eb paper books with me.
Samsung SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Ketron SD4
Onkyo TX-SR606 amp.

#115189 - 05/25/11 07:30 PM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: PhillyJazz]
Daisy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Naples, FL
It's not what you were asking about, but you may be interested...

"There's an app for that...." It's 900 RealBook tunes leadsheets on Android App. Works and looks pretty good.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.massimobiolcati.ireal_book&feature=search_result

Check it out.

Daisy

#115190 - 05/26/11 09:32 AM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: Daisy]
PhillyJazz Offline
Apprentice

I have that ... It is pretty good, but tough with a phone form factor (and not enough to make me buy a tablet <g>.) Thanks, though. It is nice to have. Wish my eyes were what they used to be !
Samsung SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Ketron SD4
Onkyo TX-SR606 amp.

#115191 - 07/11/11 12:14 AM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: Daisy]
andi.k Offline
Enthusiast

The latest version even plays chord progressions in a (very limited!) BIAB manner, at least on the iPad: http://www.irealb.com/

And: there is a web editor: http://www.irealb.com/editor/

#115192 - 08/15/11 05:15 PM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: andi.k]
PhillyJazz Offline
Apprentice

I can FAKE the changes .... no faking the head to "Donna Lee" <g>.

Edited by PhillyJazz (08/15/11 05:16 PM)

#115193 - 10/05/11 07:40 PM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: PhillyJazz]
raymb1 Offline
Expert

Loc: Sterling, Va
I also have iReal b on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 plus another 3000 jazz and standard tunes. Works very well. Later, Ray

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box: Selecting a Specific MIDI Track

Watch this video to learn how to pick specific parts of MIDI styles, such as bass or drums, and add them to your song in Band-in-a-Box.
Watch video.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter Goes on Tour!

The Golden Striker Trio Tour starts in a few days - taking Ron Carter to destinations that include Germany, Lithuania, and various cities within the USA.

Take A Look At What We Found!

Do you recognize one of the programs in this "Meet Jazz Sax Man - Elias Haslanger" video by Dell?!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

Replacing chords in your Band-in-a-Box song is easy! Watch our "How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box" video and you'll see!

Video - Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker

RealTracks medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. Watch this video to learn how you can make your very own RealTracks medleys in Band-in-a-Box.

RealTracks, RealDrums & MIDI SuperTracks Patch

There is a new general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. Not only does the patch includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements for files shipped in 2013 and 2014, we've also added "Simple" variations to hundreds more previously released RealTracks. For more information and to download the patch click here.

RealTracks Compatibility Patch

This patch is for customers who purchased RealTracks Sets that were released after their Band-in-a-Box/RealBand version was released, and are having trouble getting the new RealTracks to be recognized by the program. Download the patch here.

Forum Stats
21882 Members
41 Forums
28832 Topics
227254 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
vwxyz{761307, Jensen91, Toloko Loko, PercyJeffries80, accavazos

21881 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 113
dani48 97