You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#115188 - 05/25/11 10:39 AM Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad
PhillyJazz Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Philly
I am waiting for Windows tablets to come down in order to use my BIAB files as an "electronic" fake book. I would LOVE to see just the Leadsheet rendering code ported over to (Android especially) so I could use a cheap tablet with decent battery life and no hard disk to look up / sort / display / transpose tunes.

I don't know how hard it would be to port just that portion of BIAB, but I can see a huge market for musicians to take their set lists on such a device to gigs, and be able to transpose at will.

Options might be :

1. Transpose
2. Hide intros/ending
3. Display / Hide lyrics
3. Net / Previous Page

Nothing fancy, but I have been using an old XP Fujitsu tablet with hard disk and 11" screen for this purpose for years. The stylus is a pain, and the full BIAB interface is overkill for what I need. It still beats carting a bunch of Bb/ Eb paper books with me.
Samsung SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Onkyo TX-SR606 amp.

#115189 - 05/25/11 10:30 PM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: PhillyJazz]
Daisy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Naples, FL
It's not what you were asking about, but you may be interested...

"There's an app for that...." It's 900 RealBook tunes leadsheets on Android App. Works and looks pretty good.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.massimobiolcati.ireal_book&feature=search_result

Check it out.

Daisy

#115190 - 05/26/11 12:32 PM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: Daisy]
Journeyman

I have that ... It is pretty good, but tough with a phone form factor (and not enough to make me buy a tablet <g>.) Thanks, though. It is nice to have. Wish my eyes were what they used to be !
Samsung SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Onkyo TX-SR606 amp.

#115191 - 07/11/11 03:14 AM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: Daisy]
andi.k Offline
Enthusiast

The latest version even plays chord progressions in a (very limited!) BIAB manner, at least on the iPad: http://www.irealb.com/

And: there is a web editor: http://www.irealb.com/editor/

#115192 - 08/15/11 08:15 PM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: andi.k]
Journeyman

I can FAKE the changes .... no faking the head to "Donna Lee" <g>.

Edited by PhillyJazz (08/15/11 08:16 PM)

#115193 - 10/05/11 10:40 PM Re: Lead sheet viewer for Android / iPad [Re: PhillyJazz]
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sterling, Va
I also have iReal b on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 plus another 3000 jazz and standard tunes. Works very well. Later, Ray

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box - Online Registration!

Registering your Band-in-a-Box online is fast & easy - and it's a great way to access your order at any time to download the files!

Just follow these instructions:

1. Go to http://www.pgmusic.com/redeem
2. Create a "New Customer" account unless you are a returning customer. If you have already created an account before, please log in.
3. Go to the "My Products" page and enter your Band-in-a-Box Activation code into the "Register a Purchased Band-in-a-Box Serial Number:" field.
4. Choose your preferred language using the drop-down menu.
5. Click "Add to My Account" and the download links will appear below.

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2015 New Features

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2015 includes some excellent new features - here are just a few:

-Load and Play Videos
-Direct support for 64-bit VST plugins using jBridge
-Live Transpose for audio tracks
-Improved GUI

For a complete list of new features, visit http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.features.htm

Listen to Band-in-a-Box Songs Created By Users Just Like You!

Want to hear what people are creating with their Band-in-a-Box? Our User Showcase provides an excellent opportunity to listen to other peoples Band-in-a-Box creations!

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows - Automatic Updates!

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the Automatic Program Update Notification and Download feature!

When booting up, Band-in-a-Box will automatically check for a newer build (if user has allowed it and chosen how often).
Plus, there's a new Updates dialog: User can check/download/pause/continue/install for a newer version (not free), newer build (free), and updated RealTracks files (free).

Purchase jBridge for only $10!

One of the exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is support for 64-bit VST Plugins when you use jBridge.

jBridge can also be used with PowerTracks Pro Audio 2015!

You can purchase jBridge directly from us for the great low price of just $10. Click here for more information.

RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box - You'll want to use them in ALL your projects!

RealTracks are a popular Add-on for Band-in-a-Box. Once you start using them, you won't want to stop!

RealTracks sound AMAZING - they are actual recordings of musicians! For a full list of our RealTracks Artists, click here.

Forum Stats
23124 Members
37 Forums
33793 Topics
270571 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
flacenapa13, Stubey, Mark C, mondelo1970, Mark B

23124 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
seeker 123
VideoTrack 111