You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#131134 - 10/13/11 01:20 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers
jeffgee Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Washington State
Anyone know what are some good asio drivers to use in windows 7 for a lexicon lambda interface?...The ones from the lexiconpro website cause crashes and other issues on my system..thanks in advance..............

#131135 - 10/13/11 03:04 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: jeffgee]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
First off, it helps to understand ASIO. Many interface and card makers write native ASio Drivers, and not all work well with every OS/Software combo. Outside of native ASIO drivers all other options are really wrappers. ASIO4All is a wrapper that take Windows WMA drivers and wraps them to make the software think they are using ASIO drivers. These to me have always been more hit and miss, than native drivers. They seem to work for many, but not all. A good second choice when native drivers fail.

If the Lexicon ASIO drivers are crashy hhmm new word! Then give them a try.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#131136 - 10/13/11 03:06 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: jeffgee]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Hi, Jeff -

Have you tried the MME (WDM) drivers to make sure they work? If so, then I would try the ASIO4ALL driver to see if it works. It basically encapsulates you WDM driver to look to the system as an ASIO driver. If it doesn't work, just uninstall and move on to something else. But it doesn't hurt your system to just give it a try.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#131137 - 10/14/11 12:25 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: jford]
jeffgee Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for the replies....Sounds like they should rename the drivers 'asio for quite a few:)....asio for all works like a charm w/my setup however I think i need device drivers for my lambda. the device itself isnt recognized. so that could have something to do with all of this. Sounds like I'll need to find some mme drivers for lambda so that asio for all can have something to wrap.....when I use asio for all the low latency is great and everything is smooth except it will only come out of my mono laptop 1" speaker.....i'll keep working at it...Thanks for the help:)

#131138 - 10/14/11 03:52 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: jeffgee]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Jeff,

What does Lexicon tech support say about this?

-Scott

#131139 - 10/15/11 01:53 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: jeffgee]
Kent - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Jeff,

ASIO4ALL should work with any device, but it doesn't sound like you've configured it correctly yet.

When you're in PowerTracks' ASIO Audio Drivers window, hit the ASIO Driver's Control Panel button. In the window that appears, you need to tell ASIO4ALL which device it's supposed to use. This is usually necessary when you have two sound cards connected to your computer, as ASIO4ALL doesn't automatically know which one you prefer.

Once you've deactivated your onboard soundcard and selected the Lambda, close the ASIO4ALL Control Panel, and hit ok in ASIO Audio Drivers. Now if you hit the Drivers button again, you should see the Lambda's ports listed in the Input and Output boxes.

If you keep having trouble, feel free to give our tech line a call, should only take a couple minutes to walk you through this.

Kent
PG Music

#131140 - 10/18/11 09:59 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: Kent - PG Music]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Jeff, still curious about what Lexicon tech support says. I'm half-interested in their product line, for future reference.

#131141 - 10/20/11 01:35 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: rockstar_not]
jeffgee Offline
Apprentice

Sorry to take so long to reply..i got it working...I never had contact w/lexicon support directly...just what their website said about the drivers. Apparently the win 7 drivers are an extra thing for these devices. I downloaded them from their site. ...Also Im not exactly sure what I did to get it working?? i just messed around with it for a long time...then after about 5 system restarts and 7 hail Marys it miraculously worked. I'm just gonna go w/it:)

#131142 - 10/20/11 02:54 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: jeffgee]
Rob - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hello,

One tip I got from chatting with Lexicon tech support is that sometimes the ASIO drivers work better if the Lexicon interface is not selected in the Windows control panel, to be the default playback device.

For example you go and select the motherboard's audio drivers for default audio playback and recording in Windows, then configure ASIO to use the Lexicon in the host program it may operate better.

It has worked out for me a few times when the Lexicon drivers are being difficult.

-Rob.

#131143 - 10/20/11 07:46 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers [Re: Rob - PG Music]
jeffgee Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for the tip Rob...Im gonna do that w/my system

PG Music News
User Blog - How to Make a Band-in-a-Box Backing Track (with Melody) Using a Lead Sheet

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post Create a Band-in-a-Box backing track with melody from a lead sheet is the perfect read for anyone looking to do just that!

She thoroughly explains the process - from selecting the song, finding the lead sheet, picking a style, and more! Even if you're well versed with the program, be sure to read this blog post - you'll want to bookmark it and share it with anyone you know who's new to the program!

Thank you Joanne for sharing!

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/create-a-band-in-a-box-backing-track-with-melody-from-a-lead-sheet

Vote for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - We've Been Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We are still over the moon with being nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

If you haven't had a chance to look over the nominees and place your vote, head to https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awards - but hurry... the polls are only open until 23:59 PST on November 30th! (Winners will be annouced at the Winter NAMM show in January.)

The SOS Awards are held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Sound On Sound Awards - a list of 2017 Winners.

The Beginners Forum - Great Tool for New Band-in-a-Box® Users!

If you're new to Band-in-a-Box®, and looking for a Forum just for you, check out the Beginner's Forum! This forum is the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with the program.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the Beginners Forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too - we have a really supportive & helpful crew on the forums!

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=97&page=1

YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major

Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

YouTube Video - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band In A Box Backing Track Key G Major

My Favorite Things - Seemingly Unlimited Flexibility!

We receive user feedback many ways, including our Facebook page, by email or phone, using the Comments tab on our Band-in-a-Box® pages, the My Favorite Things Forum, and more!

Like the great feedback recently posted by Al-David:
"I write and play in quite a few different genres. The flexibility BIAB gives me makes transpositions, from one genre to another, so easy and quick. A number of times I've created a piece, intending it to be a Smooth Jazz or Smooth RnB song. But when I generated the song, it just didn't work in the intended genre.

With a simple click of the Style Picker ... BAM! The song ended up as a pretty decent Pop song. I only had to replace a couple of instruments from the new style and alter a couple of chords..."
(read the full thread here.)

Post your feedback to our Forum - My Favorite Things - we'd love to hear it!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We're so excited that Band-in-a-Box® 2017 has been nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote! If you haven't had a chance yet, you can vote here... (the polls are open until 23:59 PST on November 30th)

Winners will be announced at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2018.

What are the SOS awards? Held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Happy National Saxophone Day!

Happy Birthday to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone! Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he pantended his saxophone creation!

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Plus, we have more than 180 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box by the following RealTracks Artists:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

We have more than 30 different RealTracks Sets that include Saxophone RealTracks - for a complete list, click here.

Forum Stats
26610 Members
50 Forums
48258 Topics
395171 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
westwoodmiller, Gravino2017, abenitez, Jazzist, Johnny Boy

26609 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 230
Matt Finley 204