Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#368502 - 10/04/16 01:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Eric,

I might be missing something but I just followed a song you posted in Users Showcase to Soundcloud, (link)"Your Boring Happiness", and on Soundcloud...

...it shows that your composition has had 60 plays; it also has 3 likes (see highlighted area on the image above).

I wonder if there is some setting on Soundcloud somewhere that you might not have activated that stops you from seeing this.

Regards,
Noel

#368511 - 10/04/16 04:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: Noel96]
DIOECHOOTO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: OH - Ohio

Thanks for looking into it, Noel!
I do (and did) indeed see that the song has been played and liked, but (and as always I could be wrong**) I think each of those plays happened for one of two reasons, neither of which can be attributed to PGRadio play: 1) I had recently submitted the song to the User Showcase and so it was still on the first page or two and people were checking it out. 2) My own promotion, sharing with friends on Facebook.

**especially since I am not a premiere user (or whatever Soundcloud calls their $$ upgrade) and have no access to metrics. However, I will say this, I did keep track.

So, with the possibility of human error (mine) notwithstanding...

#368530 - 10/04/16 07:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: DIOECHOOTO]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Originally Posted By: DIOECHOOTO
"Which makes you eligible, doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get selected."

Okay, now that's interesting, Icelander. Selected by whom? If you mean by PGMusic, then yes it all makes sense, they simply haven't chosen my tunes.
Bingo! smile
Here I was thinking that they just pile ALL submitted tunes into the PGRadio station(s).
And in there lies the "reading too much into it" bit, they don't.
Hope that clears things up a bit for you cool

#368536 - 10/04/16 08:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: Icelander]
DIOECHOOTO Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: OH - Ohio
Quote:
And in there lies the "reading too much into it" bit, they don't.
Hope that clears things up a bit for you

Yes, absolutely clear now...thanks!

#368554 - 10/04/16 09:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: DIOECHOOTO]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Yes, absolutely clear now...thanks!
Very good cool
It still might be prudent to stress a few things:

The term "radio" is possibly giving users somewhat the wrong impression of what this feature actually is, or how it actually functions. The important thing to note here is that each of the 'channels' on this thing is essentially a playlist, with all its elements working exactly the same way as any playlist you may for instance have on your local/personal media player - and thus it does not behave like your 'normal' radio popularity charter, as you might perhaps expect/assume from the usage of the word "radio".
This also means that the order (and indeed the number) of these tracks on each of these playlist is fixed and does not change depending on for instance how often your track is being played by subscribers to the channel. The only way it might change is if the creators of these playlists decides to go in and manually do so by hand.
So for those of you who want to keep track of just how much exposure your track is getting, your best bet is to look at the SC statistics for your track, specifically the number of plays section.

#369369 - 10/10/16 04:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
SC defines a play as simply hitting the play button which should cause any member to view their totals with some skepticism. Two bars in and somebody doesn't like the tune and exits -- yet that constitutes a play. With YouTube you can track how long they stayed with the track. That's the reason we create lyric videos for YouTube.

As Icelander mention the stats offer some insight. With an upper tier SC account you can look at the number of "plays" by member, by geographic area and other variables which can help give you some idea of the popularity of your track...as can the comments, number of likes and additions to other playlists.

We've found that when PG Music features one of our tracks as a "Hot Topic" the plays always Increase... a lot.
J&B Website

#373319 - 11/06/16 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: Kemmrich]
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
Well if Kevin's in ...

Here's a playlist ...https://soundcloud.com/user-334840828/sets/marc-glinert-originals

and if you need the original song addresses they are here :

soundcloud.com/user-334840828/better-of-me
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/second-thoughts
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/no-second-chance
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/emergenza
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/dont-get-caught
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/the-right-one
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/2480-days
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/olympic-dream
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/ribbon-of-black
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/rock-it-the-hard-way
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/pulse
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/losers-celebration
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/brightest-light
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/writing-pop-songs
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/buy-buy-buy
soundcloud.com/user-334840828/journeys-end

"Title and background information about the song."
included on my SoundCloud/SoundClick pages

"Indicate which tracks were recorded by you, and which tracks were generated by Band-in-a-Box or RealBand."
pretty much everything recorded by me, but Band-in-a-Box used as an invaluable composition tool. PTPA used as my main DAW software.

"If Band-in-a-Box or RealBand have been used, please provide information as to which styles or RealTracks were used. (tip: In Band-in-a-Box, the Song Memo contains the names of the RealTracks used, and you can copy/paste from that.)
List other programs used in the production (Sonar, Cubase etc.)"
As regards the PG Music software, no real audio - only MIDI / Audacity

Edited by mglinert (11/07/16 12:21 AM)

#378877 - 12/01/16 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Angelo Franco Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy

https://soundcloud.com/angelofranco

#418678 - 06/21/17 02:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Russell Moore Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland

#480916 - 07/07/18 02:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
musician17 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: United Kingdom
What a wonderful idea - thank you! My SoundCloud link is here: James Delsono on Soundcloud . All the songs posted there, with two exceptions: the "It Is Possible" and the "Our Father", are made with Band-in-a-Box, so please feel free to use them (too many links to post them here one by one?) Again, thank you for a wonderful initiative!

#481190 - 07/10/18 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

Forum Stats
27965 Members
57 Forums
53942 Topics
445513 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
visioncl, Graybones, kikesh, RedVampirePrince, rockmarcus28

27965 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 486
David Snyder 147