Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#134327 - 11/21/11 01:00 PM New user showcase feature - list of songs posted
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi, We've added a list of all songs posted to the user showcase, and it can be accessed from this page

http://www.pgmusic.com/user-showcase/?genre=jazz

It is also accessible from the Main forum page, below the user showcase.

It lists forum member name, genre, and a link to the forum post, where the user can get the link and discussion.

Note: If anyone doesn't want their songs listed on this page (or listed in the forum in general), please let us know and we'll remove them.

#134328 - 11/21/11 03:50 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: PeterGannon]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
That's a super job, guys/gals. What an incredible number of songs!

Boy!Curiosity is sure going to keep me busy for awhile.

Thanks for doing that for everyone.

Cheers - Ian

#134329 - 11/21/11 03:57 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: Ian Fraser]
RodM Offline
Enthusiast

Awesome job on this! I didn't make the list (boo hoo), but congratulations to every one that did. There is sure a lot of good material here!

RodM

#134330 - 11/21/11 11:57 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: RodM]
gibson Offline
Expert

Loc: in the M4 Boogaloo
Brilliant idea, now I can REALLY waste time, in a good way, by listening to them all in one convenient place!
Thanks, and I agree with Ian Fraser "What an incredible number of songs!"

Alyn

#134331 - 11/22/11 06:32 AM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: gibson]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Quote:

Brilliant idea, now I can REALLY waste time, in a good way, by listening to them all in one convenient place!
Thanks, and I agree with Ian Fraser "What an incredible number of songs!"

Alyn

I will also agree with Ian however I will add what an incredible company and what an incredible collection of fantastic musicians!

#134332 - 11/22/11 12:47 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: RodM]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Did you have a song posted RodM? Is the link still working? It doesn't appear they picked and chose through them from Peters description. Did you use any PGMusic Products on the song and describe how?
Otherwise you should have been in the list I would assume. Oversight? Possible.

#134333 - 11/22/11 01:01 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: rharv]
RodM Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry I sounded "hurt" on earlier post. I now realize they went through the older posts, not the brand new user forum songs. After listening to all the incredible talent on the listed genres, I certainly wouldn't blame BIAB for showcasing the best songs. The trouble with that is, they all sound great to me. How would you choose?
I had a bunch of older songs using BIAB, but I quickly took them down because I didn't think my songs were good enough to post so BIAB would have seen a broken link on those songs. I have some new Christmas songs using BIAB Midi and real tracks "A BIAB Christmas".
Any way I agree with Ian too. There is an incredible amount of talent using an phenomenal product (BIAB). I know I am grateful to have such a good product. For me, this is the only software where every upgrade is a "must have".

Thanks,
RodM

#134334 - 11/22/11 03:29 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: RodM]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I am a living example of a small flaw in the logic. One song listed was housed at Soundcloud but has been taken down. Do we have an "update" process so we can avoid people going to apparently broken links when the song was taken down on purpose?

But a GREAT idea and we all appreciate the shortcut to listening to other user's work.

#134335 - 11/22/11 04:14 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
RodM
I think they went through the songs in this forum section, so if posted in another forum section they likely weren't included.

I wonder the same thing as Eddie. Since these links rely on songs existing on the user's server, can they be editable so as to keep them live in the event of the user changing severs? Maybe allowing the original poster some edit options later.. I'd like that.

#134336 - 11/22/11 11:54 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: rharv]
gibson Offline
Expert

Loc: in the M4 Boogaloo
rharv said:
Maybe allowing the original poster some edit options later.. I'd like that.
and so would I

#134337 - 11/23/11 01:12 AM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: PeterGannon]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

You folks just keep making the site better and better.

My Music

Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble.

#134338 - 11/23/11 05:44 AM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: PgFantastic]
RodM Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,
To echo everyone else: "An upgrade process to edit a link after the fact would be a great feature."
Bob,
I also noticed the incredible amount of work it took to put the user showcase list together. I don't think genre was listed on many of the original posts, but I guess the real tracks or midi tracks used would indicate genre. I did post my songs in this forum but it's really OK. I think the user showcase list of songs is current up to a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'll make the next list. That is of course if I don't lose my nerve and hurry and delete my soundclick account. Nobody (except my wife) knows I'm into music anymore. It is a big step for me personally to post music public. I hope to rediscover a love of music I once had in my youth. I guess that is something I can still do privately too.
Thanks again,
RodM

#134339 - 11/23/11 07:30 AM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: PgFantastic]
MikeK Offline
Expert

Loc: Buford, GA (via Germany)
This is awesome... just now found this - rather, paid attention to this post. LOL!

Great stuff to listen to indeed

Thumbs up, Peter and PG Team!!

Happy Turkey Day to all of you

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 2TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Windows 8 64-Bit. BIAB/RB 2014.

#134340 - 11/25/11 06:47 PM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: MikeK]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi,
We've updated the list, to list songs that are newest and use lots of RealTracks/RealBand or BB in general nearest the top. Also added a tab called RealTracks that has songs that use lots of RealTracks.

http://www.pgmusic.com/user-showcase/

#134341 - 11/27/11 04:39 AM Re: New user showcase feature - list of songs posted [Re: PeterGannon]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

This should be stickied to the top of the page !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron - Upcoming Shows!

Kenny Barron has a few shows coming up in August! If you're interested in one of his shows, visit: http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

He'll be in France, Rockport, and New York!

Tips & Tricks YouTube Channel

Want to watch some great videos to help you with your Band-in-a-Box? Check out the Tips & Tricks playlist on our YouTube channel!

Band-in-a-Box... Share Your Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Watch how easy it is to upload your Band-in-a-Box song to Soundcloud here.

Make sure to post a link to our User Showcase Forum!

Sign-up for the PG Music Inc. Newsletter

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS!
Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). They follow the chord progression that you have entered, so you hear an authentic audio accompaniment or solo!

RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Forum Stats
22466 Members
38 Forums
29500 Topics
234583 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Malcm, ArtieShaw, TAndrewH, kidzshala, rich stieg

22465 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
c_fogle 96
dani48 94