You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#134459 - 11/22/11 09:03 PM Flute-Mic
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I have a Bose Model 1 with a bass module and tonematch.

I have an audix om5 mic going through a voicelive which is fed via midi from the computer through the Ketron Sd2.

I can have my wife play the flute through the conventional mic.

I can buy an audix adx10-flp or equiv.

I want an airy flute sound, wispy or distant, reverb like off the hills etc.

Suggestions?

#134460 - 11/22/11 10:33 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: John Conley]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
John, head ye over to get a copy of ariesverb for the reverb. Get this free one and use preset one.

http://www.ariescode.com/srv.php?t=downl...mp;a=7177659937

Can't speak to the mic - only used AudioTechnica lectern mics repurposed for instruments to good effect. Don't know the model.

-Scott

#134461 - 11/22/11 11:01 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: rockstar_not]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
John, I've tried a bunch of things with my flute, including an Audix that has a ring clip and mounts a small condenser near the mouthpiece; also another one that mounted in place of the headjoint cork. I did not care for the tone of either, and they gave too much key click noise.

In case it is of any use, what I have now is a Rode S1, which is what they call their stage mic. It's hyper-cardioid, so it's highly directional and resists feedback (which, with a Bose stick, could be a problem). This mic goes into my TC Electronics Voice Live Touch, which has phantom power and has a volume control. I can set any kind of reverb, delay, octaves, even distortion and have six presets ready to go. Then there is the Talk button, for announcing with no effects. This has been my setup for about a year, and it's superb.

#134462 - 11/23/11 05:24 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Matt Finley]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Thanks Matt, I'll have a look at that setup. I'm not yet anywhere yet on what I'm maybe doing, but I'm leaning towards a Celtic / Hebredian journey using my photography behind us using a projector, some lighting and special effects.

All in compensation for the off and on again voice. Since the original post, my docs are kicking me out of the cancer program more or less with just the pain mgmt. department seeing me once a month.

#134463 - 11/23/11 05:38 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: John Conley]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
Sounds interesting, John. Hope my info helps you.

#134464 - 11/23/11 05:44 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Matt Finley]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Since the original post, my docs are kicking me out of the cancer program more or less with just the pain mgmt. department seeing me once a month.

John,
I don't know quite how to take this. Is this good news or bad news? I do hope it's good news!
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#134465 - 11/23/11 06:01 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: silvertones]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
John,

Do you have a room with natural reverb there you could use? Garage, bathroom etc . . . You'll need a portable recorder too. Mic the room in approximation to the Flute.

Or,

Use a completely dead room and use an artificial reverb post edit, but you'll need a VERY dry signal on the Flute capture during recording.

Did you get those "Blue Cat Audio" plug ins PG pointed us too a loooooong time ago? They work very well with Biab. I use the Chorus one from them when I need to fatten up an electric piano or bass. I'm sure it will also fatten up the Flute as well. A little dab will do ya.

Trax

#134466 - 11/23/11 09:02 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Muzic Trax]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

John, thanks.

The two docs did a lot a laughing, but they told me that there is no indication from all the scans that any further cancer exists at this time. We all know that dance. I will take what I can get.

The pain is from chemo damage. Burning fire on my legs and feet, feet that don't feel right at all, no feeling in my knee joints but at least the fire end there. My hands don't hurt much but I can butter finger anything from a light bulb to the prime rib roast we are having for supper that is now on the floor. I just laugh, what else can you do?

Fun is a bit tough, I sure could use without my brain taking the high A and E (the second from the top on a piano) and making them so loud I can't hear anything else at times.

So I am hanging around to be a future annoyance for the immediate future.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - The Chord Builder in Band-in-a-Box

The Chord Builder feature allows you to hear and build chords up by clicking on the root, extension and alternate slash root if applicable - and it's a great way to test out chords to input into your song!

Watch the video: youtu.be/uRWIz6dSh88

Wondering what chords are recognized by Band-in-a-Box? Find out here: www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_chordlist.htm

We'd Still LOVE to See Your Video Testimonial!

In June we announced that we'd started a new Video Testimonials Page and that we are seeking Video Testimonials from Band-in-a-Box users like YOU.
If you’re video is selected, we'll send you a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Want some inspiration? Visit our Video Testimonials page at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm to see the videos already submitted.

For information on how to create your video testimonial, click here.

Video - The Soloist & Melodist Sequencer in Band-in-a-Box

Ever notice that little green Sequencer button in Band-in-a-Box? This powerful little button allows you control each channel on the Melody or Soloist track in Band-in-a-Box. For example, you might want a single instrument out of a MIDI file you import into Band-in-a-Box, so the Melody Sequencer allows you to rechannel, or delete specific channels.

Watch this video to see how this feature works: https://youtu.be/OejFpi4TjIQ

Video - Generate a Guitar Chord Solo Automatically with Band-in-a-Box!

Band-in-a-Box has a "Chord Solo" button that launches the built-in feature where Band-in-a-Box will generate a Guitar Chord Solo!

This feature allows you to generate a guitar chord solo for any melody. The program will arrange the melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. You can select from among many "guitarists" in order to create your arrangement. You can also define your own guitarists; choosing parameters such as strum speed, types of voicings (Pop/Jazz), embellishments, and much more!

Watch the video to learn more: youtu.be/qxOHUCZkoMU

Studio Guitarist Derryl Gabel - Video Testimonial!

Derryl Gabel has been using Band-in-a-Box for years, including using the program to create backing tracks for his Guitar Tutorial Videos! Watch Derryl's Video Testimonial: youtu.be/pGSK-3b1GuY

Learn more about Derryl: derrylgabel.com

He's also a Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist!

There's still time to send us your video - click here for more information.

Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015

One of the great new features with Band-in-a-Box 2015... Now you can save your Band-in-a-Box song composition as a video, that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs!

It's simple... Just press the [Save as] button and choose Save as Video. The 'video' portion is the chordsheet in Band-in-a-Box that shows the chords and a highlighted bar moving as the song plays, and the song title and song info displays at the top of the window.

Watch the video that demonstrates this feature in the Windows version here.
Using the Mac version? Watch this video.

#TBT - That Time CMT Magazine did a Spotlight on PG Music!

Remember when the October/November 2013 issue of Canadian Music Trade Magazine included a Supplier Spotlight all about PG Music Inc?

Reminisce here…

Forum Stats
23497 Members
38 Forums
35240 Topics
281315 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
LouG, Ray2015, Werner Werts, Grek, dabvlb

23496 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 104