You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#134459 - 11/22/11 09:03 PM Flute-Mic
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I have a Bose Model 1 with a bass module and tonematch.

I have an audix om5 mic going through a voicelive which is fed via midi from the computer through the Ketron Sd2.

I can have my wife play the flute through the conventional mic.

I can buy an audix adx10-flp or equiv.

I want an airy flute sound, wispy or distant, reverb like off the hills etc.

Suggestions?

#134460 - 11/22/11 10:33 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: John Conley]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
John, head ye over to get a copy of ariesverb for the reverb. Get this free one and use preset one.

http://www.ariescode.com/srv.php?t=downl...mp;a=7177659937

Can't speak to the mic - only used AudioTechnica lectern mics repurposed for instruments to good effect. Don't know the model.

-Scott

#134461 - 11/22/11 11:01 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: rockstar_not]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
John, I've tried a bunch of things with my flute, including an Audix that has a ring clip and mounts a small condenser near the mouthpiece; also another one that mounted in place of the headjoint cork. I did not care for the tone of either, and they gave too much key click noise.

In case it is of any use, what I have now is a Rode S1, which is what they call their stage mic. It's hyper-cardioid, so it's highly directional and resists feedback (which, with a Bose stick, could be a problem). This mic goes into my TC Electronics Voice Live Touch, which has phantom power and has a volume control. I can set any kind of reverb, delay, octaves, even distortion and have six presets ready to go. Then there is the Talk button, for announcing with no effects. This has been my setup for about a year, and it's superb.

#134462 - 11/23/11 05:24 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Matt Finley]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Thanks Matt, I'll have a look at that setup. I'm not yet anywhere yet on what I'm maybe doing, but I'm leaning towards a Celtic / Hebredian journey using my photography behind us using a projector, some lighting and special effects.

All in compensation for the off and on again voice. Since the original post, my docs are kicking me out of the cancer program more or less with just the pain mgmt. department seeing me once a month.

#134463 - 11/23/11 05:38 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: John Conley]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Sounds interesting, John. Hope my info helps you.

#134464 - 11/23/11 05:44 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Matt Finley]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Since the original post, my docs are kicking me out of the cancer program more or less with just the pain mgmt. department seeing me once a month.

John,
I don't know quite how to take this. Is this good news or bad news? I do hope it's good news!
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#134465 - 11/23/11 06:01 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: silvertones]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
John,

Do you have a room with natural reverb there you could use? Garage, bathroom etc . . . You'll need a portable recorder too. Mic the room in approximation to the Flute.

Or,

Use a completely dead room and use an artificial reverb post edit, but you'll need a VERY dry signal on the Flute capture during recording.

Did you get those "Blue Cat Audio" plug ins PG pointed us too a loooooong time ago? They work very well with Biab. I use the Chorus one from them when I need to fatten up an electric piano or bass. I'm sure it will also fatten up the Flute as well. A little dab will do ya.

Trax

#134466 - 11/23/11 09:02 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Muzic Trax]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

John, thanks.

The two docs did a lot a laughing, but they told me that there is no indication from all the scans that any further cancer exists at this time. We all know that dance. I will take what I can get.

The pain is from chemo damage. Burning fire on my legs and feet, feet that don't feel right at all, no feeling in my knee joints but at least the fire end there. My hands don't hurt much but I can butter finger anything from a light bulb to the prime rib roast we are having for supper that is now on the floor. I just laugh, what else can you do?

Fun is a bit tough, I sure could use without my brain taking the high A and E (the second from the top on a piano) and making them so loud I can't hear anything else at times.

So I am hanging around to be a future annoyance for the immediate future.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Share Your Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Watch how easy it is to upload your Band-in-a-Box song to Soundcloud here.

Make sure to post a link to your song on our User Showcase Forum!

Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks!

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Check out the YouTube Channel - Tips & Tricks page, which is packed with videos showing off what Band-in-a-Box can do!

RealTracks Artist Andy Leftwich on Tour with Kentucky Thunder!

Andy Leftwich is a member of Kentucky Thunder, the band that tours with Ricky Scaggs! They're starting December off with A Skaggs Family Christmas in Winkler, MB, Canada on December 5th!

To see if there's an upcoming show near you, visit http://www.rickyskaggs.com/tour.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Video Support Pages - Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks and More!

Whether you're looking for a video demonstration of Band-in-a-Box or Tips & Tricks for all those features, there's a video for you!
Visit our Video Support Page to see all the videos we have to offer!

These are also available on our YouTube Channel.

Stay in Touch With Us on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

If you're looking for some tips on how to quickly replace specific chords or chord types with other chords in Band-in-a-Box, make sure you watch this video: http://youtu.be/XR1YTaKU8QA

Forum Stats
22277 Members
39 Forums
31049 Topics
246791 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
opqrst087243, Nealix, vwxyz{082710, mnopqr709483, alamat

22276 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 188
Pat Marr 168