You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#134459 - 11/22/11 09:03 PM Flute-Mic
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I have a Bose Model 1 with a bass module and tonematch.

I have an audix om5 mic going through a voicelive which is fed via midi from the computer through the Ketron Sd2.

I can have my wife play the flute through the conventional mic.

I can buy an audix adx10-flp or equiv.

I want an airy flute sound, wispy or distant, reverb like off the hills etc.

Suggestions?

#134460 - 11/22/11 10:33 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: John Conley]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
John, head ye over to get a copy of ariesverb for the reverb. Get this free one and use preset one.

http://www.ariescode.com/srv.php?t=downl...mp;a=7177659937

Can't speak to the mic - only used AudioTechnica lectern mics repurposed for instruments to good effect. Don't know the model.

-Scott

#134461 - 11/22/11 11:01 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: rockstar_not]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
John, I've tried a bunch of things with my flute, including an Audix that has a ring clip and mounts a small condenser near the mouthpiece; also another one that mounted in place of the headjoint cork. I did not care for the tone of either, and they gave too much key click noise.

In case it is of any use, what I have now is a Rode S1, which is what they call their stage mic. It's hyper-cardioid, so it's highly directional and resists feedback (which, with a Bose stick, could be a problem). This mic goes into my TC Electronics Voice Live Touch, which has phantom power and has a volume control. I can set any kind of reverb, delay, octaves, even distortion and have six presets ready to go. Then there is the Talk button, for announcing with no effects. This has been my setup for about a year, and it's superb.

#134462 - 11/23/11 05:24 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Matt Finley]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Thanks Matt, I'll have a look at that setup. I'm not yet anywhere yet on what I'm maybe doing, but I'm leaning towards a Celtic / Hebredian journey using my photography behind us using a projector, some lighting and special effects.

All in compensation for the off and on again voice. Since the original post, my docs are kicking me out of the cancer program more or less with just the pain mgmt. department seeing me once a month.

#134463 - 11/23/11 05:38 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: John Conley]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
Sounds interesting, John. Hope my info helps you.

#134464 - 11/23/11 05:44 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Matt Finley]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Since the original post, my docs are kicking me out of the cancer program more or less with just the pain mgmt. department seeing me once a month.

John,
I don't know quite how to take this. Is this good news or bad news? I do hope it's good news!
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#134465 - 11/23/11 06:01 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: silvertones]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
John,

Do you have a room with natural reverb there you could use? Garage, bathroom etc . . . You'll need a portable recorder too. Mic the room in approximation to the Flute.

Or,

Use a completely dead room and use an artificial reverb post edit, but you'll need a VERY dry signal on the Flute capture during recording.

Did you get those "Blue Cat Audio" plug ins PG pointed us too a loooooong time ago? They work very well with Biab. I use the Chorus one from them when I need to fatten up an electric piano or bass. I'm sure it will also fatten up the Flute as well. A little dab will do ya.

Trax

#134466 - 11/23/11 09:02 PM Re: Flute-Mic [Re: Muzic Trax]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

John, thanks.

The two docs did a lot a laughing, but they told me that there is no indication from all the scans that any further cancer exists at this time. We all know that dance. I will take what I can get.

The pain is from chemo damage. Burning fire on my legs and feet, feet that don't feel right at all, no feeling in my knee joints but at least the fire end there. My hands don't hurt much but I can butter finger anything from a light bulb to the prime rib roast we are having for supper that is now on the floor. I just laugh, what else can you do?

Fun is a bit tough, I sure could use without my brain taking the high A and E (the second from the top on a piano) and making them so loud I can't hear anything else at times.

So I am hanging around to be a future annoyance for the immediate future.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Audio Track Available in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac

An Audio Track has been added to version 2015 of Band-in-a-Box for MAC.

With this new feature, you can:
- Import an audio file (WAV, AIFF, MP3, M4A, etc.) to the Audio track.
- Record a vocal or an instrument to the Audio track.
- Render your song to the Audio Track.

We've also added an Audio Edit Window that shows the digital waveform for the Audio track. In this window, you can easily select, play, and edit the audio.

Check out these features and more of the 50+ new features in the Band-in a-Box 2015 MAC New Features Video.

Special Offers EXTENDED Until July 15th for Mac Band-in-a-Box 2015

Good news! Our Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac special has been extended until July 15th! So, if you haven't had a chance to order your copy of Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac and want to take advantage of great sale pricing on most upgrade packages as well as receive some BONUS items with your purchase, there's still time!

Take a look at all the packages available here: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Learn all about Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac here: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac Special!

June 30th is the last day of our Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac special! Order now for great savings on most upgrade packages, as well as FREE BONUS items!

Place your order online at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm or give us a call!

The Bonus 49-PAK for Mac... What is it?

During our Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac Special, when you purchase ANY Band-in-a-Box package you are able to add a 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

What is the 49-PAK? It's a great way (and the only way) to receive some amazing UNRELEASED RealTracks, Artist Performances, Instrumental Studies and MIDI SuperTracks!

To listen to demos and learn more about the 49-PAK, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac/bonuspaks2015.htm

We also have a great video on our YouTube page that showcases all the items available in the 49-PAK, which can be watched here: https://youtu.be/azoay5lZ00M

Band-in-a-Box 2015 Mac Special Prices end June 30, 2015!

If you haven't purchased your Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac Upgrade yet, there's still time to SAVE on Upgrade packages and receive a FREE Bonus 6-PAK with your order! But, time is running out - our special ends on June 30, 2015!
Band-in-a-Box package information...

During our special, we're also offering additional Bonus PAKs packed full of unreleased RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies and Artist Performances! Learn more about Bonus PAKs...

Freebie Friday - Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac includes a FREE 6-PAK Until June 30th!

During our Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac special we're giving away the Bonus 6-PAK with all First-time and most* Upgrade packages!

So, what are you getting for FREE in this 6-PAK?
5 Artist Performances:
-An Irish Session - The Silver Spear (Reel) Rhythm guitar
-An Irish Session - The Silver Spear (Reel) Banjo Melody
-An Irish Session - The Silver Spear (Reel) Guitar Melody
-Pop Saxes, Flute & Clarinet JAZFUNK Artist Performance with Saxes - So Sweet Melody
-Pop Saxes, Flute & Clarinet JAZFUNK Artist Performance with Saxes - So Sweet Soloist

5 Instrumental Studies:
-Guitar, Acoustic, Country\Country Fingerpicking, Ev 085
-Guitar, Acoustic, Celtic\Celtic Reel, Ev16 110
-Guitar, Electric, Blues and Rock\Blues Rock Shuffle, Sw 130
-Guitar, Electric, Country\Country Soloist, Ev 120
-Guitar, Electric, Jazz and Bossa\Jazz Comp, Sw 140

5 MIDI SuperTracks:
-String Quartet, Rhythm PopEven Ev 120
-Piano, Electric, Rhythm MotownRnBUptempo Ev 165
-Piano, Rhythm NewOrleansMardiGrasKevin Ev16 085
-Piano, Rhythm RockabillyJiveKevin Sw 190
-Piano, Rhythm RockabillyRockNRollKevin Ev 165

Learn more about the Bonus 6-PAK, listen to Demos, and see what else we're offering for a limited time at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks2015.htm

(*the $49 Pro Upgrade doesn't include the Bonus 6-PAK or any other additional Add-ons)

Video - Using Drag and Drop in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, there were over 50 new features added, which included Drop Station enhancements!

We've created a new video available on our YouTube Channel and Support page titled "Video: Using Drag and Drop in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac" that highlights the enhanced feature!

Head to the Forum Post announcing this video to watch a particular section.

Video Index:
-Introduction
-Configuring Drag and Drop
-Dragging Audio to Finder
-Dragging Audio to GarageBand
-Viewing Suggestions

Watch the complete video on YouTube

Visit our Support page to view the video on our website!

Forum Stats
23265 Members
37 Forums
34408 Topics
274829 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Composer Lady, tretzypatotie, walchecker, Kayanna Ottaway, Bertie

23264 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 110
Don Gaynor 100