Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#98708 - 12/24/10 01:25 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Wyndham]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hello Wyndham,

Quote:

A quick off topic question on JS. I am looking to do backing track similar to Loreena Mc Kennett's Mummers Dance or one of the others that have a Irish Bodhran sound or other hand drum sound. Will JS work for this in the basic package or an add on, if anyone knows.

There are Bodhran Realdrums styles... included in RealTracks Set 104.

#98709 - 12/28/10 10:13 AM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Wyndham Offline
Expert

Thanks,I'll dig into it tonight. Just received 2011 and sounds like a lot of great new RT's to play with as well. Wyndham

#98710 - 12/04/11 09:33 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
raintalk Offline
Apprentice

Quote:

Hi Experts,

I've loaded Jamstix as a vst and RB for some reason constantly send the first measure with clock to the plugin.

It never stops even if RB is stopped. And it never sends any real measure info to Jamstix, when I hit play only the first measure is sent over and over.

Anybody get this working?

Demo of Jamstix here:
http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3_demo.html

thanks in advance for any pointers,

Does this work in 2012 with all the VSTi that has been done?

#98711 - 12/04/11 09:43 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
No they have not addressed the VSTi issue as far as I know.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#98712 - 12/04/11 10:57 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Nope. Rob and I are two California boys who stay on top of this issue. If there were any changes we would know about it. I stand by what I said last year. It seems like it just can't be done. Something in the core programming code I guess. It's too bad, it's the one thing holding RB back. That and automation.

Look at how responsive PG has been in this latest 2012 version. They added virtually everything that a lot of folks have been asking for since forever. Except the VST timing thing. I doubt they just forgot or thought it wasn't important, it simply can't be done imho.

Bob

#98713 - 12/05/11 12:37 AM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: jazzmammal]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
i have kind of given up on that one. I guess i will use RB as always, live playback, and song sketch board. For full mixing of new material i guess i have to use other programs, if I want top notch automation, and VSTi time lock.

I use Jamstix in RB all the time for midi playback, where i want a cover songs original drum sounds. Then i use RDs where i like a more "versionish" Drum track.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#98714 - 12/05/11 01:24 AM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
raintalk Offline
Apprentice

That's a shame.
Oh Well
Thanks for the responses.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box Testimonial by Singer-songwriter Joanne Cooper

In this video Joanne Cooper talks about how she has used Band-in-a-Box in her recordings and live performances: youtu.be/AodXYQNVL4w

Tell us what you think of Band-in-a-Box - we're accepting Video Testimonials! Information is available here.

All Video Testimonials will be published at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm

Today (July 31st) is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac Special!

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac special! Order now for great savings on most upgrade packages, and Bonus PAKs!

Place your order online at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm or call us directly to place your order!

We will not be extending this special again - this really is your last chance!

RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Free Performance August 6th!

Quinn Bachand and Qristina Bachand are performing a free noon-time concert and live interview at CBC Vancouver on August 6th in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada!

And that's not their only August Performance! Visit http://www.qbachand.com/shows for a list of upcoming dates.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 Mac Build 104 Patch

There is a build 104 update patch available for Mac Band-in-a-Box 2015. Improvements include the addition of an Audio Settings dialog, updated PDF manuals, and a fix for bar settings volume changes.
Download the update here

Free Band-in-a-Box Workshop with John Kuzmich on August 12th!

John Kuzmich is offering a FREE Workshop highlighting Band-in-a-Box on August 12th!

Workshop information:
Date: August 12
Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

John Kuzmich is a certified music technology authorized instructor for TI:ME (Technology Institute for Music Educators) and an enthusiastic user and promotor of Band-in-a-Box, which he describes as "the nearest software product to artificial intelligence in creating customizing play-along recordings."

For more information about John and this seminar, head to
http://www.kuzmich.com/clinics2/workshops.htm

Video: Band-in-a-Box for Mac - Import Audio File

With Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, you can now Import Audio Files! We want you to see how easy it is, so
click here to watch a short tutorial video on our YouTube Channel.

This video can also be found on our Video Tutorials page.

To learn all about the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, visit http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Video: Band-in-a-Box for Mac - The Big Piano Window

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac is the Big Piano Window. Watch the YouTube Video to see it in action!

The Big Piano Window displays notes on a resizable keyboard while the song is playing with Band-in-a-Box.

To learn more about all the new features included in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, visit http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.

Forum Stats
23386 Members
37 Forums
34794 Topics
277805 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
almonaro, JayArDee, PianoGratte, Zan, chancehalter

23385 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Planobilly 149
Noel96 104