Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#98708 - 12/24/10 10:25 AM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Wyndham]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hello Wyndham,

Quote:

A quick off topic question on JS. I am looking to do backing track similar to Loreena Mc Kennett's Mummers Dance or one of the others that have a Irish Bodhran sound or other hand drum sound. Will JS work for this in the basic package or an add on, if anyone knows.

There are Bodhran Realdrums styles... included in RealTracks Set 104.

#98709 - 12/28/10 07:13 AM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Wyndham Offline
Expert

Thanks,I'll dig into it tonight. Just received 2011 and sounds like a lot of great new RT's to play with as well. Wyndham

#98710 - 12/04/11 06:33 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
raintalk Offline
Apprentice

Quote:

Hi Experts,

I've loaded Jamstix as a vst and RB for some reason constantly send the first measure with clock to the plugin.

It never stops even if RB is stopped. And it never sends any real measure info to Jamstix, when I hit play only the first measure is sent over and over.

Anybody get this working?

Demo of Jamstix here:
http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3_demo.html

thanks in advance for any pointers,

Does this work in 2012 with all the VSTi that has been done?

#98711 - 12/04/11 06:43 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: raintalk]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
No they have not addressed the VSTi issue as far as I know.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#98712 - 12/04/11 07:57 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Nope. Rob and I are two California boys who stay on top of this issue. If there were any changes we would know about it. I stand by what I said last year. It seems like it just can't be done. Something in the core programming code I guess. It's too bad, it's the one thing holding RB back. That and automation.

Look at how responsive PG has been in this latest 2012 version. They added virtually everything that a lot of folks have been asking for since forever. Except the VST timing thing. I doubt they just forgot or thought it wasn't important, it simply can't be done imho.

Bob

#98713 - 12/04/11 09:37 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: jazzmammal]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
i have kind of given up on that one. I guess i will use RB as always, live playback, and song sketch board. For full mixing of new material i guess i have to use other programs, if I want top notch automation, and VSTi time lock.

I use Jamstix in RB all the time for midi playback, where i want a cover songs original drum sounds. Then i use RDs where i like a more "versionish" Drum track.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#98714 - 12/04/11 10:24 PM Re: Jamstix - RB is constantly sending midi clock [Re: Robh]
raintalk Offline
Apprentice

That's a shame.
Oh Well
Thanks for the responses.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Jack Pearson Performs Sunday!

This Sunday Jack Pearson will be performing in LaFayette, TN!

Click here for event information.

Purchase LabPAKs & Site Licenses for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

RealTracks Artist Chris Nole October Performances!

Chris Nole has a couple performances coming up in Long Valley and Nashville!

Click here for a complete list of his upcoming performances.

17 MIDI SuperTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box

Looking for a Band-in-a-Box Add-on with the editing and control capabilities of regular MIDI tracks, but with the added bonus of incredibly good MIDI sounds? MIDI SuperTracks is the answer!

Learn more about MIDI SuperTracks and listen to audio demos:
MIDI SuperTracks for Mac
MIDI SuperTracks for Windows

RealTracks Artist Mike LeDonne's Groover Quartet Performance!

The Smoke Jazz & Supper Club features Mike LeDonne's Groover Quartet on October 21st!

Click here for event information.

This Quartet includes:
Mike LeDonne, Gary Smulyan, Peter Bernstein & Joe Farnsworth.

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS! Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

Video - Band-in-a-Box: recording audio with Windows 8/7/Vista

If you're wanting to record your audio in Band-in-a-Box, watch this quick YouTube video which will help you get started: http://youtu.be/KgaI2miUsCY.

Forum Stats
22119 Members
37 Forums
30379 Topics
242476 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
J&G, CesarCesar, Robert Su, steinriksaasen, Reggie Still Sr

22117 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 205
c_fogle 135