Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
In RealBand, you can regenerate part of a RealTrack. For those of us who work in BIAB but prefer another DAW, it would be great if BIAB could also do this.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
In RealBand, you can regenerate part of a RealTrack. For those of us who work in BIAB but prefer another DAW, it would be great if BIAB could also do this.

+1,000,000!

I use BIAB and my DAW. I will never be a RealBand user because I love many features of my DAW that RealBand does not have. And I do not want to add another DAW (RealBand) to my workflow! Therefore, I would love to have this feature in BIAB!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
A super big +1 for RTs and MIDI.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Definitely +1000 !!!
This is a really missed feature of BiaB. Presumably it cannot be incredibly difficult to achieve.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
+1 !

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
+1

2bSolo

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Definitely +1000 !!!
This is a really missed feature of BiaB. Presumably it cannot be incredibly difficult to achieve.

Another +1000000 !
Likewise I doubt I will ever use RB in its present state and this would be a superb feature to add to BIAB.
I can see how it might work for the User - "highlight" a track, maybe using the current "freeze" button with dual function, click on the first bar from where you want the re-gen and hold and drag along the bars to the last bar you want re-genning. That area might then turn say Grey and Re-gen will only re-gen that portion of that track until you un-highlight that track. All the other tracks would effectively be frozen until that partial re-gen function was cleared.
Go on, PG - you know you want to!
cheers
ian

Last edited by sixchannel; 03/17/16 04:53 AM.

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good thoughts, Ian. Yes, a simple highlight of bars, and then regenerate works only on the highlighted bars, would be a good way of doing this. The other non-highlighted bars just act as if they are frozen.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
+1

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Something else that has perhaps been discussed here before...it would be great to have the ability to preview available/appropriate riffs for each bar/section! I am pretty sure BIAB does this on the fly when it regenerates...looks at chord and other parameters...and then qualifies a certain subset of available riffs for that instrument...and then, I guess, randomly chooses one.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to highlight a bar and track and then audition all available/appropriate riffs for that bar?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I will give you this, you guys are persistent!

+1 for me too.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
yes I wanted that also, but in real band when bbw2.exe generates up multiriffs it writes them to wav in C:\Users\Band In A Box\AppData\Local\Temp - in band in a box all the tracks seem to be running in memory - it would have to write the whole track to wav first then generate up multiriffs - this way you could also edit them in the Audio Edit windows - being in ram I suppose this is where the speed comes from, play while still generating the rest of the song ?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I played with looking at possible options or work around for this after seeing comments earlier today wondering if using bar settings where you can choose different RealTrack instruments at various measures throughout a chorus.

When using this feature, the whole track regenerated for both instruments.

During different trials, I received yellow alerts that referred to the style may not work with my selection and another that reminded me that velocity and panning of RealTracks were based on settings of the underlying midi track. I modified a midi style with StyleMaker making changes to volume levels and panning, naming and saving the modified settings as a new style.

With that information I attempted to get a partial regeneration of a track using this midi style.

I was able to regenerate an instrument between specific bar selections by selecting a different style that used the same instrument, but with a different RT#.

For example:
I created an 8 bar chorus with no repeats
I chose a 12/8 country slow ballad w/ a Pedal Steel #369
I generated my song.
I pretended that bar 5&6 were not what I wanted
Using F5, I chose a similar 12/8 country ballad with a different pedal steel #697
At bar bar 7, using F5, I selected the original style to finish the song.
(these may not be the specific RT #'s because I don't recall exactly what they were at this moment)

The regenerated bars did not retain the modified volume and panning changes.

This achieved a regeneration but there was also a volume level difference.

In my experiments, if I froze a track, making a style change as described above, the style change was ignored.

I also tried to experiment on different tracks with Supermidi tracks but ran into issues with the melody and soloist tracks not regenerating. I was able to export a track as a wav file, import that and use F5 to mute/unmute between the regenerated Supermidi and the wav file.

It appears to me any success with generating a portion of a RT in BIAB will be dependent on modifying the underlying midi file or since Supermidi generates similar to RT's, using a Supermidi for the bars to be regenerated.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 03/17/16 03:31 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I think the easiest way at the moment to get multififfs in band in a box is:

• create your song in band in a box and save.
  • open real band - Options - Preferences - Song Generation - uncheck Generate Song when SGU is opened.
  • open my song.SGU in real band.
  • in band in a box mute the soloist track and drag the Master via drop station wav out into real band on to the track number.
  • if your Soloist track in band in a box is close to right but just needs some sections re-done, disable any FX and turn Reverb off, solo it and drag out via drop station wav into real band on to a new track number (if you need RealCharts drag the Soloist out as above but to mid, in real band you can copy and paste the newly generated RealCharts midi section from the RC track to the original overwriting the old section only, just enable RealCharts first), choose snap to beat and highlight beats or bars then on your original Soloist track choose Generate - Multiriff and select the same instrument, uncheck Allow riffs to start earlier... You can create a destructive fade - right click Audio Effects - Gain Change (or in band in a box non destructive fade with F5 fade).
  • for a new Soloist select a new track in real band and highlight the beats or bars choose Generate - Multiriff and select your instrument (enable RealCharts if you would like the notation/tab).
  • highlight the whole track and drag the multiriff Soloist track number out via the drop station wav to the saved my song.sgu folder.
  • rename the Soloist multiriff, my song.WAV or my song Soloist.WAV or my song Melody.WAV or my song Strings.WAV also Bass Drums Piano Guitar.
  • in band in a box re-open my song.sgu, you should have your multiriff track.
  • you should also be able to import the RealChart multiriff from real band just highlight the whole track and drag the track number out via drop station mid - now in band in a box - Open - Import - Import Soloist from Midi file - select all channels as guitar tabs use 11-16.
  • in the Audio menu you can Move Audio to Performance Tracks and Performance to Audio this will let you edit any of the audio Performance tracks, for example you can move the Soloist Artist Performance track to the audio track, edit it and move it back. You can use F5 for fades mutes volume.

Hope that helps.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Something else that has perhaps been discussed here before...it would be great to have the ability to preview available/appropriate riffs for each bar/section! I am pretty sure BIAB does this on the fly when it regenerates...looks at chord and other parameters...and then qualifies a certain subset of available riffs for that instrument...and then, I guess, randomly chooses one.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to highlight a bar and track and then audition all available/appropriate riffs for that bar?

That would be great - except that once you have accepted that particular "riff" in that bar(s), what about if you want it to do that elsewhere in the tune as well with that track? How would you stop it re-genning that first one whilst allowing you to play with the second one. I know the answer is " do it in RB" but I dont want to!!! I want to do it in BIAB. LOL!
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
+1
Of course !

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1 here too!

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
This would be a huge advancement for BIAB.
+1

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
<BUMP>

This would be such an awesome feature! PG, pleeeeeze???

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
This thread now has two wishlist requests: partial track regeneration and add multi-riff functionality.

I think the multi-riff request is important enough to deserve it's own thread. Since the multi-riff request is not included in the thread subject heading, how is PG Music aware the request has been made?

Regarding the original wishlist request, Assume I have an epic song (like 3 bottles of soda on the wall). The song has a 100 bar intro, chrorus from bars 101 to bar 200 that repeats 3 times, and an outro from bars 201 to 225. Notice the song is too long to unfold to one big chorus. Yes, I did that on purpose for this discussion. How should BiaB handle regenerating just bars 150 to 174 of chorus 2?

BiaB revolves around song structure while RB is linear. I just don't see how BiaB can add partial track regeneration without degrading and destabilizing one of its core strengths.

Sorry, but unless someone can convince me otherwise I do not support the wishlist request to add partial track regeneration.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,563
Posts734,436
Members38,492
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
VIPBET사설토토, GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE
38,491 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185