You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#139468 - 12/08/11 03:15 AM navigable loops directories & subdirectories
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
LOVE the loops!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that loops can only be accessed from the C:\BB\REALTRACKS\LOOPS directory. I already have a large collection of loops that are catagorized in topical subdirectories elsewhere on my system. Loop libraries tend to be too large to keep multiple copies on the same system.

How about allowing users to put a windows shortcut in the BIAB loops folder, then allow us to use the shortcut and standard windows pick box to select loop files?
3) I agree that other factors beside those mentioned here also apply
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

#139469 - 01/15/12 06:29 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

#139470 - 01/15/12 06:52 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Tommyc]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

I did the same thing... the picker would follow the shortcut, but it wouldn't let me pick a file from the remote directory. Apparently, it will only pick files from the loop directory and its subdirectories.
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

#139471 - 01/16/12 12:47 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#139472 - 01/18/12 05:03 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

My current strategy is to have a directory adjacent to RBs loops directory with all my loops subdivided into subfolders... then for each project move only the ones I want to the RB loops folder. That way I can keep my hierarchical organization, and still have a small list the RB sees when I look for project loops. By keeping the selection simple, I can make more project specific loops and they won't get lost in the herd. Then after the project is over, I can move all of those related loops to the archive, and put them in a directory by themselves so I can find the whole project at a later time
5) Caveat Emptor

#139473 - 01/19/12 12:02 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
pwarren Offline
Expert

Loc: BC, Canada
Quote:

I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

#139474 - 01/21/12 09:52 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: pwarren]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

hey, good call! I hadn't noticed the filter! thanks!
5) Caveat Emptor

#139475 - 01/22/12 08:26 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Cool!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Labor Day Weekend - We're Still Here!

It's the last long weekend of the summer, and we hope everyone enjoys it!

Don't let the long weekend fool you though - we're still going to be here for all your sales and tech needs!

Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 8:00PM PST (GMT -8)
Saturday: 8:00AM to 6:00PM PST (GMT -8)
Sunday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8)
http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Troy Brenningmeyer - Another GREAT Lap Steel Lessons with Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Band-in-a-Box is a great tool when you're learning to play ANY instrument! Watch as Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box as a backing track while teaching a Lap Steel Lesson: http://youtu.be/ofrk4lI4Msg

The Audio Chord Wizard - a GREAT Band-in-a-Box Feature!

The Audio Chord Wizard is an amazing feature of Band-in-a-Box that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file! What a great way to learn a song, or create your own version of one of your favorite songs!
Watch the Audio Chord Wizard YouTube Video.

The Italian Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 per Macintosh è qui con più di 50 nuove funzioni interessanti.
http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

RealTracks Artist Phil Woods @ The Detroit Jazz Festival!

The Phil Woods Quintet performs Saturday at The Detroit Jazz Festival!

Click here for event information.

The French Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 pour Macintosh comporte plus de 50 nouveautés cool!
http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Forum Stats
21965 Members
38 Forums
29841 Topics
237611 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
fc46, klmnop584246, nopqrs536797, lmnopq074251, O'Hush

21964 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 129