You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#139468 - 12/08/11 03:15 AM navigable loops directories & subdirectories
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
LOVE the loops!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that loops can only be accessed from the C:\BB\REALTRACKS\LOOPS directory. I already have a large collection of loops that are catagorized in topical subdirectories elsewhere on my system. Loop libraries tend to be too large to keep multiple copies on the same system.

How about allowing users to put a windows shortcut in the BIAB loops folder, then allow us to use the shortcut and standard windows pick box to select loop files?
3) I agree that other factors beside those mentioned here also apply
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

#139469 - 01/15/12 06:29 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

#139470 - 01/15/12 06:52 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Tommyc]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

I did the same thing... the picker would follow the shortcut, but it wouldn't let me pick a file from the remote directory. Apparently, it will only pick files from the loop directory and its subdirectories.
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

#139471 - 01/16/12 12:47 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#139472 - 01/18/12 05:03 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

My current strategy is to have a directory adjacent to RBs loops directory with all my loops subdivided into subfolders... then for each project move only the ones I want to the RB loops folder. That way I can keep my hierarchical organization, and still have a small list the RB sees when I look for project loops. By keeping the selection simple, I can make more project specific loops and they won't get lost in the herd. Then after the project is over, I can move all of those related loops to the archive, and put them in a directory by themselves so I can find the whole project at a later time
5) Caveat Emptor

#139473 - 01/19/12 12:02 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
pwarren Offline
Expert

Loc: BC, Canada
Quote:

I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

#139474 - 01/21/12 09:52 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: pwarren]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

hey, good call! I hadn't noticed the filter! thanks!
5) Caveat Emptor

#139475 - 01/22/12 08:26 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Cool!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 German Patch for Windows

Existing Band-in-a-Box 2014 customers who'd like to use the German version can download the latest language patch here.

RealTracks Artist John Jorgenson - A Busy Man!

Interested in seeing RealTracks artist John Jorgenson perform? There's plenty of opportunities coming up! Take a look at his schedule: http://www.johnjorgenson.com/index.php/tour/

Forum Stats
22447 Members
38 Forums
29452 Topics
234076 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
defghi036424, lmnopq432772, nichealmond23, René 1946, Khatru

22446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 93
Guitarhacker 90