You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#139468 - 12/08/11 03:15 AM navigable loops directories & subdirectories
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
LOVE the loops!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that loops can only be accessed from the C:\BB\REALTRACKS\LOOPS directory. I already have a large collection of loops that are catagorized in topical subdirectories elsewhere on my system. Loop libraries tend to be too large to keep multiple copies on the same system.

How about allowing users to put a windows shortcut in the BIAB loops folder, then allow us to use the shortcut and standard windows pick box to select loop files?
3) I agree that other factors beside those mentioned here also apply
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

#139469 - 01/15/12 06:29 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

#139470 - 01/15/12 06:52 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Tommyc]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

I did the same thing... the picker would follow the shortcut, but it wouldn't let me pick a file from the remote directory. Apparently, it will only pick files from the loop directory and its subdirectories.
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

#139471 - 01/16/12 12:47 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#139472 - 01/18/12 05:03 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

My current strategy is to have a directory adjacent to RBs loops directory with all my loops subdivided into subfolders... then for each project move only the ones I want to the RB loops folder. That way I can keep my hierarchical organization, and still have a small list the RB sees when I look for project loops. By keeping the selection simple, I can make more project specific loops and they won't get lost in the herd. Then after the project is over, I can move all of those related loops to the archive, and put them in a directory by themselves so I can find the whole project at a later time
5) Caveat Emptor

#139473 - 01/19/12 12:02 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
pwarren Offline
Expert

Loc: BC, Canada
Quote:

I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

#139474 - 01/21/12 09:52 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: pwarren]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

hey, good call! I hadn't noticed the filter! thanks!
5) Caveat Emptor

#139475 - 01/22/12 08:26 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Cool!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Troy Brenningmeyer - Lap Steel Lessons with Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

If you're interested in a Lap Steel lesson, watch Troy Brenningmeyer's video, which features Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! http://youtu.be/kVuG_F3qCuY

Video - Band-in-a-Box Chord Shortcuts

Did you know that there are a few different ways you can enter your chords into Band-in-a-Box?
Watch this video to learn how to enter chords in Band-in-a-Box by typing easy shortcuts, or your own custom made shortcuts: http://youtu.be/dIwQLuveO3c.

Eric Blackmon - How To Play Your Very First BLUES GUITAR SOLO Lesson

Eric Blackmon teaches you how to play your first blues guitar solo, and he uses Band-in-a-Box for his backing tracks!
Watch the YouTube video for this lesson here.

Video - Making UserTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac

Did you know that with Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac you can make your own UserTracks? Want to see how easy it is? Watch the video on making your own UserTracks here.

Contacting PG Music Inc. is EASY!

Wondering which package to purchase? Maybe you want to upgrade and need to know more about your own purchase history? Looking for technical support for Band-in-a-Box (or any other PG Music software)? We're here 7 days a week to help! Simply call us, use the Live Help feature on our website or send us an email - we're happy to help!

For contact information, head to: http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

MIDI SuperTracks for Band-in-a-Box

Looking for a Band-in-a-Box Add-on with the editing and control capabilities of regular MIDI tracks, but with the added bonus of incredibly good MIDI sounds? MIDI SuperTracks is the answer!

Learn more about MIDI SuperTracks and listen to audio demos:
MIDI SuperTracks for Mac
MIDI SuperTracks for Windows

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron - Upcoming Shows!

Kenny Barron has a few shows coming up in August! If you're interested in one of his shows, visit: http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

He'll be in France, Rockport, and New York!

Forum Stats
22485 Members
38 Forums
29526 Topics
234837 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
bondoking, rsmith2904, RubertoBrito, Chuppa, ahfei

22485 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 101
Guitarhacker 88